News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would love to look at an unrestored Bird for reference/photos in midwest

Started by rainbow4jd, August 09, 2014, 11:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

I'd love to be able to visit someone with an unrestored (preferably four speed) Bird - that I could take some photos of for references in restoring my own Bird.   We're getting close to paint, and thereafter, its re-assembly.    We (me, and my two restoration buddies) would love to come and visit and take some photos / ask some questions.

Detroit, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Tennessee, WV, Western PA are all within a 4-6 hour drive time from us.

Would anyone be interested in helping out a fellow Bird owner (time table - sometime in the next six months or so)?

Mines a 999 440-4V white buckets

Steve Vance

hemi68charger

Quote from: rainbow4jd on August 09, 2014, 11:19:29 PM
I'd love to be able to visit someone with an unrestored (preferably four speed) Bird - that I could take some photos of for references in restoring my own Bird.   We're getting close to paint, and thereafter, its re-assembly.    We (me, and my two restoration buddies) would love to come and visit and take some photos / ask some questions.

Detroit, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Tennessee, WV, Western PA are all within a 4-6 hour drive time from us.

Would anyone be interested in helping out a fellow Bird owner (time table - sometime in the next six months or so)?

Mines a 999 440-4V white buckets

Steve Vance

NO Superbird here.............. Very nice 'Bird there Steve....   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rainbow4jd

69 DAYTONA

...there are 2 non restored survivor 6BBL Birds in my town, one belongs to me and the other belongs to a good friend of mine...both cars are automatics...50 miles east of Indy

rainbow4jd

Indy is close.   My bird is in Lexington my.     Although I am in Pittsburgh

pettybird

what are you needing to look at?  my petty bird isn't a full survivor, but it is pretty untouched.  not much use for paint splotches but decent for reassembly.

rainbow4jd

Doug - just looking at where hoses go and clamps and stuff like that.     Radio antenna style.    Decal placements.    Just general miscellaneous nit-pick details

It might be fun to come over to Cleveland anyway and combine a car trip with seeing the Indians play.      Thanks for the offer - I'll probably take you up on it next spring.