News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exterior trim running along the top of the door...

Started by MxRacer855, August 11, 2014, 08:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

Hey guys,

There's these trim pieces on my '68 (obviously others as well) that clip onto each door on the outside of the window. Its a relatively flat piece that your arm would rest on if you were in the car sticking your arm out. There's a similar piece that follows it back into the quarter panel section...
Do you know if anyone makes a repo of this piece of trim? The one I removed is pretty scratched and pitted. I guess worse case scenario is getting it re-chromed, but I'd like to see my options before that route in truly considered. If the piece is available, it sure is difficult to locate!
Thanks,
Jeff

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Patronus

stainless yes, repro no. I would snatch up every pair you see. Along with lower dash pieces  :scratchchin:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Mike DC

They're not used on the baser B-body models.  So, no repros, and originals are hard to find.

MxRacer855

Hmmmmm... :scratchchin:
How do you guys think they would turn out if I sent them into a reputable metal plating shop to get re-chromed?

Frustrating... definitely a part I was hoping to find sitting new on a shelf somewhere.

Jeff

jaak

Quote from: MxRacer855 on August 12, 2014, 09:05:08 PM
Hmmmmm... :scratchchin:
How do you guys think they would turn out if I sent them into a reputable metal plating shop to get re-chromed?

Frustrating... definitely a part I was hoping to find sitting new on a shelf somewhere.

Jeff

They are not chrome, it is stainless steel. You can repair the dents, sand and polish it... or have someone do it for you. They'll be good as new.

Jason

Patronus

There's artists that repair and polish them. Or you could try it yourself, quite possibly sending it across the room into the wall. Ok, maybe... Just look around your area for stainless trim restoration.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

PlainfieldCharger

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green