News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Operation "Troy-Trade"; Daytona-clone for Y2 C500

Started by hemi68charger, August 16, 2014, 05:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well, as some of you all have probably put together, Allen and I did a trade yesterday. I traded my project C500 + a little cash for his Daytona clone. Jacob and I are about to hit the road this morning... Yes, I am glad for Allen he has a true XX29 car now and I have one very cool toy. Unfortunately, wasn't able to see Allen, poor guy was in the hospital... I will let him say why on the Charger board if he wishes... But, he is doing ok considering what he went through.... His Dad is super cool as well as Mr. Kirgan's wife... Nice people. I only Stoke as long as needed to swap the cars and take care of paperwork and give Allen some money ( yes, this trade had some cash involved but not a lot ). I am just waking up and waiting on Jacob to get ready........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Here at Allen's house with his Dad, super nice guy........... Hope you get home today Allen !!!!     :2thumbs:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Mytur Binsdirti

tan top

wish I would of had a car to trade you for , that !   C500 in  Y2    AB T        :coolgleamA: :yesnod:

:cryin: :cryin:   :'(

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

billssuperbird

DAY CLONA

Troy, you definitely got the "better" of the deal :2thumbs:

RallyeMike

QuoteTroy, you definitely got the "better" of the deal 2thumbs

Who got the better deal depends on how much "a little cash is". As long as two people are happy is all that matters.

Trades are fun! Congrats guys  :boogie:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

PettyMower

You traded a REAL flush back window car for a FAKE flush back window car?!?!?

FAKE winged cars are very similar to the old kit-cars back in the day. It's only something that's trying to look like something that it's not.

Jay

Lighthorseman

If both parties are happy, then I'd say BOTH of them got the "better deal".  Congrats to everyone!  :cheers: :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

For some people a running, driving, complete turn-key car trumps everything else.  Other people want originality and documentation.  I want both!  It all comes down to whatever floats our submarine and what we can afford....which is why I don't have one  :D  :Twocents: :Twocents:

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Lighthorseman on August 16, 2014, 12:26:26 PM
If both parties are happy, then I'd say BOTH of them got the "better deal".  Congrats to everyone!  :cheers: :2thumbs:

x2.   Allen has wanted a "Real" aero car for a while!  Congrats to both! :2thumbs:

Allen, hope your doing okay buddy!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

JB400

What engine is in Allen's old Daytona?

Daytona R/T SE

Cool Trade. :2thumbs:

I was just at Allen's place a few weeks ago...

I hope he's OK. :scratchchin:

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 16, 2014, 12:59:05 PM
Cool Trade. :2thumbs:

I was just at Allen's place a few weeks ago...

I hope he's OK. :scratchchin:
yes hope allen is OK  just talked to him on the phone a couple weeks ago
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Beep Beep Dave

Exactly as long as everyone involved is happy that is the main thing. I really dig the black car. I would be happy tooling around in that. It's a great looking machine :2thumbs:

I'd like to hear more about it.

More importantly get well soon so you can start enjoying your 500

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

charger Downunder

Man that's a great looking Black Daytona sure looks long on that trailer. I like it and love it. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:As long as you are both happy campers that's the main thing. On the other hand Alan has a great aero car that i am sure will look like the daytona when he has finished with it.
[/quote]

472 R/T SE

Wow.  I was trying to buy that car from Larry & ended up buying his '71 'cuda instead.  

The sale of my Challenger just wasn't quite enough so I was scrambling trying to come up with the rest.  Scrambled too long.   ;)
The guy that bought my Challenger took it to BJ & I could have bought 2 of them with what he got.   :rotz:

nascarxx29

Cool Trade troy .You should pull up in Rick Boens driveway with it
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Indygenerallee

QuoteFAKE winged cars are very similar to the old kit-cars back in the day. It's only something that's trying to look like something that it's not.
Absolute tool statement... I would have taken THAT cloned Daytona that Larry built over the real 500 any day of the week...
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

A383Wing

Quote from: Indygenerallee on August 16, 2014, 11:02:02 PM
QuoteFAKE winged cars are very similar to the old kit-cars back in the day. It's only something that's trying to look like something that it's not.

Absolute tool statement... I would have taken THAT cloned Daytona that Larry built over the real 500 any day of the week...

I agree..if lawn-mower kid said that to my face, he would have regretted it

hemi68charger

Man !!! I'm finally home after two full days of driving................. I'll take some tomorrow with the two together......... options.........

-Here's another view of another car in the rearview mirror
-Jacob and I hanging out ( Father/Son Mopar weekend )
-Does look good............ Stripe/wing match the truck........
-Scott, one of my best friends, and I cross paths as I'm going home from St. Louis and he's going from Houston to his Mom's house near St. Louis......

Yes, I know it isn't a real XX29 car, but that's cool.. I have one....... with a HEMI in it now......... Life is good. I'll either have tons of fun with this one or use it for something else. Regardless, all parties concerned now and in any future, will be happy happy happy......... That is all that matters......

I really like the look of the car for sure and it IS really growing on me......... There could be something in the works.... But, regardless, I will have fun tinkering with it and making it even better......

Cheers for now......
Troy

held1823

Quote from: A383Wing on August 16, 2014, 11:13:12 PM

why would he regret stating the truth? the clone is a stunning replica, but a replica none the less.

i guess i'm a tool, too, since i'd also take the c500 over the r/t.

allen apparently feels the same way as "lawn-mower kid" -preferring troy's real xx car to the clone.

regardless of outsider opinions, if both parties involved in the deal are happy, that's all that matters.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Bob T

Two cool cars, both with a lot of history, both start a new chapter.
I'd be happy to own either one.
Pleased for you guys both  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

PettyMower

Quote from: A383Wing on August 16, 2014, 11:13:12 PM

What exactly did I say that wasn't the truth? One car has a VIN proving it to be a piece of NASCAR history, and the other is simply a Charger with "kit" to make it appear to be something more important that a standard Charger.

I did NOT knock either car, just surprised that an owner of something REAL would trade for something FAKE.

The constant explanation of it being a FAKE to everyone that asks would drive me crazy.