News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Operation "Troy-Trade"; Daytona-clone for Y2 C500

Started by hemi68charger, August 16, 2014, 05:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highwaystar

I like the look of the black Daytona. Flip flop colors to your other Daytona. Its the brother meets step brother. What is the drivetrain in it?    :2thumbs:
68 GTX Convertible
69.5 Road Runner
69 Charger 500

T.J

hemi68charger

Quote from: PettyMower on August 17, 2014, 06:44:50 AM

What exactly did I say that wasn't the truth? One car has a VIN proving it to be a piece of NASCAR history, and the other is simply a Charger with "kit" to make it appear to be something more important that a standard Charger.

I did NOT knock either car, just surprised that an owner of something REAL would trade for something FAKE.

The constant explanation of it being a FAKE to everyone that asks would drive me crazy.

It isn't so much the statement of facts....... as that of "he would have regretted it" implies the decision I made was a stupid one..... Personally, I could care less what people think. I've been at this hobby for nearly 35 years and experienced things in my life that most people wouldn't even think of let alone do and with that, have developed thick skin.  :yesnod:

So, this pictured real Daytona would trump the R/T SE I have now that was cloned very nicely as a Daytona? It's an exaggeration I know, but it is an illustration. I personally didn't want to tackle another bigtime project sheetmetal-wise. Allen is full of energy with getting his first real XX29 car. I've been there, done that. ( Heck, I have an awesome REAL Daytona with a 426 Hemi in it, doesn't get much better than that ).... I feel good he now has his own XX29 and I have this car to either play with or use it potentially for something else ( who knows what the wind will blow my way )........

I know this is a public forum, but just like texting, the words read my not be interrupted as the message sent..... Most people here know me by now ( I notice you're new to the forum ) and know I wouldn't make some half-brained decision.. It wasn't made lightly.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Exactly.....

Pettymower, Allen has wanted a real aero car for a LONG time - he now has one.....   The C500 is going to be awesome after Allen get's it done.  In seeing both cars, this was a fair deal. 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

charger500440

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 17, 2014, 08:09:09 AM

What exactly did I say that wasn't the truth? One car has a VIN proving it to be a piece of NASCAR history, and the other is simply a Charger with "kit" to make it appear to be something more important that a standard Charger.

I did NOT knock either car, just surprised that an owner of something REAL would trade for something FAKE.

The constant explanation of it being a FAKE to everyone that asks would drive me crazy.

It isn't so much the statement of facts....... as that of "he would have regretted it" implies the decision I made was a stupid one..... Personally, I could care less what people think. I've been at this hobby for nearly 35 years and experienced things in my life that most people wouldn't even think of let alone do and with that, have developed thick skin.  :yesnod:

So, this pictured real Daytona would trump the R/T SE I have now that was cloned very nicely as a Daytona? It's an exaggeration I know, but it is an illustration. I personally didn't want to tackle another bigtime project sheetmetal-wise. Allen is full of energy with getting his first real XX29 car. I've been there, done that. ( Heck, I have an awesome REAL Daytona with a 426 Hemi in it, doesn't get much better than that ).... I feel good he now has his own XX29 and I have this car to either play with or use it potentially for something else ( who knows what the wind will blow my way )........

I know this is a public forum, but just like texting, the words read my not be interrupted as the message sent..... Most people hear know me by now ( I notice you're new to the forum ) and know I wouldn't make some half-brained decision.. It wasn't made lightly.......

Anyone who follows this site knows you're willing to move on with one project, and on to another. For me that's hard to do, that's why I still own the first car I ever purchased. As much as I admire your black Daytona, and it does look awesome, having your Daytona paired with a real 500 would be cooler (in my humble opinion).

As for restoring the wrecked Daytona or having a completed "clone" Daytona instead, I'd prefer the real one. Major reclamation project or not. But that's just me, keeping in mind I don't have a real Daytona. But you do, so the decision is completely different (never mind the financial questions involved). Either way, if everyone is happy - it was truly a good deal all around. Enjoy your cars as much as you can...
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: charger500440 on August 17, 2014, 09:09:18 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 17, 2014, 08:09:09 AM

I know this is a public forum, but just like texting, the words read my not be interrupted as the message sent..... Most people hear know me by now ( I notice you're new to the forum ) and know I wouldn't make some half-brained decision.. It wasn't made lightly.......

Anyone who follows this site knows you're willing to move on with one project, and on to another. For me that's hard to do, that's why I still own the first car I ever purchased. As much as I admire your black Daytona, and it does look awesome, having your Daytona paired with a real 500 would be cooler (in my humble opinion).

As for restoring the wrecked Daytona or having a completed "clone" Daytona instead, I'd prefer the real one. Major reclamation project or not. But that's just me, keeping in mind I don't have a real Daytona. But you do, so the decision is completely different (never mind the financial questions involved). Either way, if everyone is happy - it was truly a good deal all around. Enjoy your cars as much as you can...

The Daytona clone is a driving, needs nothing, car (simply awesome car!)   The C500 needs metal work, paint, interior, mechanical rebuilding, on and on and on.  For those that restored a car, you know that could be $20k - $50k depending on what level your going with and how much you have to farm out.   This has to be part of the equation.

DAY CLONA

The Daytona clone is a driving, needs nothing, car (simply awesome car!)   The C500 needs metal work, paint, interior, mechanical rebuilding, on and on and on.  For those that restored a car, you know that could be $20k - $50k depending on what level your going with and how much you have to farm out.   This has to be part of the equation.

Agreed, the C500 is a full blown "resto" if the car is to be of any caliber, the Daytona is "turn key" and an awesome looking ride, in the end they're all just machines, meant to be enjoyed, whether they be "clones", fakes, so-called "real" cars, etc, etc it's a hobby...granted a devoted hobby, but none the less, a hobby meant to be enjoyed, not a hand wringing life experience wondering whether your numbers match, or what a piece of stamped tin on a dash designates, or how much your "investment" has risen or dropped...how many have 2 awesome Daytona's in their garage?...or a finished car for that matter?

the only thing I'm interested in is some full blown pics of the Daytona...

Mike

69bronzeT5

Quote from: PettyMower on August 16, 2014, 11:05:00 AM
You traded a REAL flush back window car for a FAKE flush back window car?!?!?

FAKE winged cars are very similar to the old kit-cars back in the day. It's only something that's trying to look like something that it's not.

Jay

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

My  :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RJS

I think the Black Daytona is super cool!!! :2thumbs:  Can you please explain the car and post thousands of pictures for us to enjoy??? :yesnod:
I don't know the prior history of it as some seem to know already. :popcrn:

I have one question to ask though:

If this car came about 2-3 months ago would it have been the one to get the Hemi instead of the Orange one?
Ron

hemi68charger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 17, 2014, 10:52:17 AM

the only thing I'm interested in is some full blown pics of the Daytona...

Mike

Just got home from church and didn't get home till about midnight last night, so the Daytona stayed on the trailer. I downloaded it this morning prior to going to church. So, now I'm going to go to the HOT garage, turn on the NASCAR race, get a cold Coors Light and start cleaning the road-grime from the rain we ran through in Texas. Then, Mike, I'm going to take some pictures of the two Daytonas next to each other......

For the record, I gave Allen my C500 and $4000 to compensate for all the sheetmetal this poor car will need... I still feel pleased about it all....... I too get attached to my vehicles. I cried when both Dana and Whitey left and in all honesty, went by Atlas yesterday to see my former '68 Hemi Charger R/T now that it's done..... Walked through their garage and low-n-behold, there was Dana !!! Talk about flashback..... but, times, people, cars, likes/dislikes change...... I am not a static person. When I "trade", it is usually for a reason, mine...

OK. time to go clean.........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

held1823

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 17, 2014, 01:32:57 PM

I still feel pleased about it all

agree, disagree, or indifferent to it all, that is the only thing that matters.  
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

41husk

well I ma happy with my trade and the omly one I am comncened with not bein pleased is a troy.  The problems I have been suffering from were not condusivve to the upbuild or mainatenance of these cars  It was becomomg apparent tthere could be rea; issues with ever owning a rea; XX car  The Daytona is no slouch anf for lessthan the total.  I could have it back in top[ shape.  My medical issuue were raining on my XX ownership.  Now a quadruple biapass behind me soon I will have the energy to put together a nice C500, as you can all see with my pain meds, it aint timie to try to explain myself yet.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

WINGMAN

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Troy now you will need to change tour signature again. (Wingman)  Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 41husk on August 17, 2014, 03:37:44 PM
Now a quadruple biapass behind me

:o

I hope you're feeling better.

If you need help with anything... :scratchchin:

I'm not very far away. :Twocents:

hemi68charger

well I ma happy with my trade and the omly one I am comncened with not bein pleased is a troy.  The problems I have been suffering from were not condusivve to the upbuild or mainatenance of these cars  It was becomomg apparent tthere could be rea; issues with ever owning a rea; XX car  The Daytona is no slouch anf for lessthan the total.  I could have it back in top[ shape.  My medical issuue were raining on my XX ownership.  Now a quadruple biapass behind me soon I will have the energy to put together a nice C500, as you can all see with my pain meds, it aint timie to try to explain myself yet.

Allen, Buddy.......... I'll try to call you or you call me when you're up to it...... I have been thinking of you non-stop since I left. Your Dad is an awesome man. I hope you enjoy the resurrection of "bubblebee" as Julie called it...... I know you'll get it up and going way before I could.... I'm already tinkering with your car with this and that.... Who knows what the future holds with it, but one thing's for sure............ if it stays in my hands, I will have fun fun....... I REALLY enjoyed cleaning it today with Julie, she wanted to help her ole' man with cleaning the black beast.......
Troy

hemi68charger

OK, cleaned the black beast all up and she looks great........ I have to admit, they look great together...... The black one would look cool with black steelies and chrome lug nuts...
Troy

hemi68charger

Troy

tan top

well I ma happy with my trade and the omly one I am comncened with not bein pleased is a troy.  The problems I have been suffering from were not condusivve to the upbuild or mainatenance of these cars  It was becomomg apparent tthere could be rea; issues with ever owning a rea; XX car  The Daytona is no slouch anf for lessthan the total.  I could have it back in top[ shape.  My medical issuue were raining on my XX ownership.  Now a quadruple biapass behind me soon I will have the energy to put together a nice C500, as you can all see with my pain meds, it aint timie to try to explain myself yet.

crikey  scary stuff ,  hope your feeling better Allen  , & make a speedy recovery & get working on that awesome Y2 C500  :drool5:

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 17, 2014, 04:40:06 PM
OK, cleaned the black beast all up and she looks great........ I have to admit, they look great together...... The black one would look cool with black steelies and chrome lug nuts...

good pictures   ABT   ,    awesome cars    :dance: :faint:  :drool5:  

black car was a R/T SE ??    was that the  ,    original color combo ?
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

1970Moparmann

They look good together Troy.   :cheers:

nvrbdn

if I would have known it was at allens I would have run by to watch and shoot pics. :brickwall:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hemi68charger

Make sure everyone acknowledges the newest AB, Allen !!!!!   :2thumbs:
Troy

DC_1

472 R/T SE

That has to be a PITA to move those cars' around for the pix.  I don't know how you do it?   ;)