News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

turn signal issues

Started by 68 CHARGER R/T, August 17, 2014, 05:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 CHARGER R/T

Hi fellas  my 68 charger  coming home from moparfest,   i noticed when I put my turn signals on left or right   both the dash ones  flash  front dont work at all.just rears work properly. .    My hazards  as well  dont function  :(

Charger RT

If both bulbs are good I would verify that both front sockets have a good ground.
Tim

68 CHARGER R/T

Yup checked them all good.  Hazzards dont work  as well  . Maybe the flasher  causing problems 

A383Wing

either a bad turn signal switch, or faulty 4-way flasher switch .....I would check those first....

68 CHARGER R/T

Thanks fellas  i will double check it all 

68 CHARGER R/T

Well I changed the flasher  no  luck  still rears work only  .found the  hazzard one  tapped it  a bit  started  working  only rears  .   Just no luck with fronts  . When I put the parking lights on  rears  work   and both my turn signals  lights up on my dash . All was working fine last week          :shruggy:

A383Wing

Bad ground up front, or filament in bulbs bad....turning on lights should not light up turn signals in dash..you are back-feeding power though the front parking light bulbs,

you never stated before that the dash turn signals lit up when lights turned on...completely different troubleshooting process now

68 CHARGER R/T

Sorry guys  forgot to mention that .  Its a headache  trying to figuire it out

Dino

Do you have hood mounted turn signals?  My dash indicators started lighting up last year, when I started checking things I found a bad ground on one of the hood blinkers.  Not to say that's the whole problem you have but it's something to check.

Also check the connector under the steering column and the one in the driver's side kick panel.

Brake lights working?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68 CHARGER R/T

No hood turn signals  wired up yet,   just have the lenses  in place for now  , yup brake lights  work

A383Wing

Are you running LED lights in the front?

68 CHARGER R/T

A383Wing

then turn on lights and notice the turn indicators in dash, are they on? Are they bright or dim? While lights are on, remove one of the turn signal bulbs from the front and see if lights go out...if they do, there's where you start looking....

unless you fergot to tell us something else, yer problem lies from steering wheel forward

68 CHARGER R/T

Yes they are both bright on the dash  when lights turned  on  .    Bulbs look good  but im gonna get new sets , hopefully its simple  fix

A383Wing

curious as to how bulbs "look good"  :scratchchin:   :shruggy:

when lights are on, unplug turn signal switch connector under column and see if lights go out

68 CHARGER R/T

Lol the filaments look good in the bulbs .  I will try that and see what happens  .  Thanks   for the help