News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Talladega 2014 - It's Cancelled

Started by Aero426, August 20, 2014, 09:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

The October Talladega meet has been postponed.    When I saw Tim Wellborn at the end of July, he looked great, but mentioned that he has some health concerns he's been dealing with.    If you know Tim, it is not a big secret that he has some cardiac history in his family.     Tim called this week, and after consulting with his doctors and Pam, he wants to hold off on the meet, at least for the fall of '14.   He has an opportunity to have some treatment and wants to move forward on that.    

Tim hates to do put off the meet, and I know he feels bad about it.    He really wants to host it.     But I don't see how there is any other choice to make.  

At this point, you should cancel your room reservations.    

There is a possibility of trying to reschedule for the Spring race of 2015.    

hemi68charger

Man, I hope he's going to be ok........ Thanks for letting us know Doug........ Bummer but that's the way it goes...........

Praying for Tim.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 20, 2014, 09:53:41 AM
Man, I hope he's going to be ok........ Thanks for letting us know Doug........ Bummer but that's the way it goes...........

Praying for Tim.......

He's doing fine.    Part of it is keeping the stress level way down.      As you might guess, there is a little bit of stress with having a couple hundred people in for the weekend.   

hemigeno

While it's disappointing that the event is postponed, Tim's health is much more important.

Doug, thanks for letting us know -- and pass along our best wishes to Tim.

Ghoste

wingcar

Hope he's feeling better...I can see how to many MoPar people in one place could stress out anyone  :slap:

On the plus side, that gives me more time to put my clone back together.....(or more time to put it off... ::))
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

hemi68charger

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

TUFCAT

gymratt30

Thanks for letting us know Doug.

Hope Tim gets to feeling better soon!
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

pettybird

While the circumstances of this suck all around, it should be CRYSTAL CLEAR to people who are on the fence about going to a Talladega reunion that you are never assured another chance. 

Best wishes to Tim as he relaxes and stays healthy.

CornDogsCharger

Tim's health is #1 importance and everything else should follow that. I hope that he is able to get well.  Thanks for letting bus know Doug. I'll spread the word around to the one's I have told about the event.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Aero426

Quote from: pettybird on August 20, 2014, 01:14:59 PM
While the circumstances of this suck all around, it should be CRYSTAL CLEAR to people who are on the fence about going to a Talladega reunion that you are never assured another chance. 

Best wishes to Tim as he relaxes and stays healthy.

This is absolutely the case.   It definitely applies to the thought process of,  "I'm going to wait for the 50th".   

hergfest

Mopurr

Prayers that all goes well for Tim.  His health is  the most important thing

As Pettybird said you never know when it will be the last meet.  There are no guarantees in life that there is always time to do something later.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: hemigeno on August 20, 2014, 10:10:25 AM
While it's disappointing that the event is postponed, Tim's health is much more important.

X4
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Dave Kanofsky

Prayers for Tim's health which is vastly more important.

Glad he made the right decision and didn't cause further damage, I'm sure that was a tough call.

Looking forward to the reschedule !!!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

69_500

Sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to this show for a long time now. On the bright side maybe I can take 2 kids to the next one. Because it was only going to be me and Dakota for this one.

Hope all is well with Tim.

1970Moparmann

I hope for the best for Tim.   At least this will give me some extra time to get the Bird ready.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

odcics2

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on August 20, 2014, 03:16:31 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on August 20, 2014, 10:10:25 AM

X4

x5
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

Everyone could meet at my place and go for a cruise............
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

I know it doesn't have any aero connection but what about some place like Kansas Speedway ?   :popcrn:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

TheAutoArchaeologist

hergfest

hemi68charger

Quote from: hergfest on September 02, 2014, 10:10:09 PM
Here is hoping for May 2015.

here here.. Hopefully I'll have two Aeros there..........
Troy

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 04, 2014, 10:09:02 AM
Quote from: hergfest on September 02, 2014, 10:10:09 PM
Here is hoping for May 2015.

here here.. Hopefully I'll have two Aeros there..........

I planned on doing that for 2019 should it happen.  Hell of an expense to drive two of them 750+mi each way, along with enough people to swap out drivers.

I'm totally bummed it's not happening now but I'm also relieved...the cars aren't 100% ready for that long of a drive and I would have had to push hard to get one down.