News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buffing Stainless and Aluminum Trim Yourself

Started by workworkwork, August 29, 2014, 04:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workworkwork

I have been looking into getting pieces of stainless and alluminum trim buffed to remove scratches and dullness. It looks like it is going to cost as much as the whole set of equipment, buffing pags and polishes cost if you buy the buffing stuff. That is to pay someone else and pay for shipping there and back I can buy all the equipment to do this myself and then I will have everything I need for when I want to use is. So, I am thinking of buying this set from eastwood and doing it myself:

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-buff-motor-1hp-1750-3450rpm-and-buff-kit-and-pedest.html

Anyone here tried this? Is it really difficult? Seems like for around $300 bucks I might be able to get everything to do this. Is the eastwood setup a good one. Should I consider others if I am buying the equipment?

Ghoste

twodko

Here's another option. Buy a buffing motor and pedestal from Harbor freight. I bought a motor
for $60 as I recall same one shown in your link.......already had a pedestal.

Then just buy Eastwoods buffer wheels and compounds kit. Much cheaper and you'll
have the same set up.

Also, search YouTube for vids on repairing/polishing automotive trim. I found
a couple and they were very helpful. Keep in mind you don't bear down hard on the
pieces when you're buffing trim.
That's the reason for the different wheels and compound sticks.
From personal experience I didn't use sisal wheels.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

AKcharger

I buffed/Polished my trim but it takes time and is a lot of work