News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reward for my VIN, fender tag, and title

Started by typars, September 02, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

typars

I am the owner of a true 1968 Hemi 4 speed Charger. Several years ago the VIN, fender tag , and title were sold on eBay by someone doing something they should not have done. I have solid proof that my car is the real deal for it still has all the body #s along with the torque boxes and K frame. I am willing to pay $ 1,000.00 US for the return of these items ( NO QUESTIONS ASKED )  The photos are from the eBay ad
  Thanks for your help

Ghoste

I'd be willing to bet now there are two owners of a car with those numbers.

typars

We shall soon find out about that. A friend has his FBI buddy looking in to it. If its registered we will find it. Another thing leading me to believe that someone has cloned it is a certain so called expert refuses to talk about the car. Go figure.

Ghoste

How did the e bay seller get the title and tags?

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 02, 2014, 04:01:07 PM
How did the e bay seller get the title and tags?
I've been wondering the same thing.  :popcrn:

typars

iv been unable to fill in some of  the blanks of the Chargers life. Have talked with several people that had lots to do with the car back in the 70s and 80s and even came up a person that has all the original sheet metal that was removed to make it a race car. But from the 90s till now is a mystery. 

Ghoste

I hope it ends up well for you then.  I think you may have a tough time if the title and tags were sold and the car has been rebodied (which is almost a certainty).
Where and when did you get the remains?  You say it was a race car at one point?

tan top

Quote from: typars on September 02, 2014, 03:43:14 PM
I am the owner of a true 1968 Hemi 4 speed Charger. Several years ago the VIN, fender tag , and title were sold on eBay by someone doing something they should not have done. I have solid proof that my car is the real deal for it still has all the body #s along with the torque boxes and K frame. I am willing to pay $ 1,000.00 US for the return of these items ( NO QUESTIONS ASKED )  The photos are from the eBay ad
 Thanks for your help

hello & welcome   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:   ,  

crikey !!  he got your title too ,    :flame:

Quote from: Ghoste on September 02, 2014, 03:44:33 PM
I'd be willing to bet now there are two owners of a car with those numbers.

yeah  sorry to say !! that's my thinking on this too ,  although  cant be too many 68 j codes left with a four speed ,  unless its been built up & sold to another country  :brickwall:
really hope i'm wrong  though !!  , we'll all keep our fingers crossed ,  Good luck  :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: Ghoste on September 02, 2014, 04:33:33 PM
I hope it ends up well for you then.  I think you may have a tough time if the title and tags were sold and the car has been rebodied (which is almost a certainty).
Where and when did you get the remains?  You say it was a race car at one point?

that was going to be my next question , but ghoste beat me too it  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparnation74

I am the owner of a true 1968 Hemi 4 speed Charger. Several years ago the VIN, fender tag , and title were sold on eBay by someone doing something they should not have done. I have solid proof that my car is the real deal for it still has all the body #s along with the torque boxes and K frame. I am willing to pay $ 1,000.00 US for the return of these items ( NO QUESTIONS ASKED )  The photos are from the eBay ad
  Thanks for your help
Any chance of having any of the original drivetrain? Were you able to recover any personal information from ebay?  What state did these items end up at?

typars

Motor and trans long gone. Car wound up in Mo. Spent most of its life in North and South Carolina.

A12 Superbee

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

So how did all this transpire? It sounds, by the OP description, that he has the carcass of the car and not much more "still has all the body #s along with the torque boxes and K frame", and at some point, while the car was a mess in a wreckers yard or wherever that someone took/stole/bought/ it and deemed the car too far gone to save and sold off the above items. Then the carcass was sold to or found its way to typars who is endeavoring to bring it back to life?

I think this scenario is only going to get more common and cars that 20 years ago were deemed too far gone and raided for thier tags are now being restored and you end up with two cars with the same VIN!

Fascinating saga unfolding here... :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

typars

I got the eBay info from another source that made a copy of the photo and nothing else. He was not 100% on how long ago it was.  He thinks 10 years.

moparnation74

How did these items end up in someone's else's hands for sale on ebay?  How were you aware that they were sold? Who is the mopar aficionado that is aware of this?  I know a few gents in the mopar world in reality it is a small community.

typars

Id rather not go dragging his name through the mud at this point. It would get neither of us anywhere. Tags not on car when I got it. I bought it mainly because it was a bad ass looking racecar and I love 68s. But now that all this has surfaced I see it only right that the tags be back in the correct spots.

ws23rt

This world is small these days.  Something like this could be great fun to resolve as well as a head's up for those that still think they can hide and make money. :slap:

typars

The best part is im not in this for the money. I have no intention of selling it now or ever.Had my chance on a 71 Hemi Challenger back in the 80 when I was going to collage and could not come up with the 3000.$$ . I sat on that phone # for over 2 years and finally I turned another buddy on to it . I see me never having a chance of have a true Hemi car again in my lifetime. 

Baldwinvette77

This looks interesting, but i cant help but wonder what will happen to the car these numbers are attached to  :scratchchin:

Cncguy

A12 Superbee

So its a black car with gold accented interior? Is that right?
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Cncguy on September 02, 2014, 07:29:26 PM
Is a Rebodied car illegal to own?

this whole issue confuses me,

i've seen people replace truck cabs, after a tree or something crushed the roof, but would that count as a rebody?  :brickwall: .. that IS where the vin's are typically...  :shruggy:

Cncguy

I would say VIN holder has legal right to car

A12 Superbee

Can't you buy a title for a car in some states in the US? If that's the case, why not do that and fit all the original VIN tags to the car, that way you could categorically and forensically prove, you have the genuine car.

Or you could sell it overseas where the clashing titles would be less of a problem...

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Cncguy on September 02, 2014, 08:05:08 PM
I would say VIN holder has legal right to car

The law only recognizes legal documents, not a piece of tin, the one holding the title currently in their name is the legal owner, until  it can be proven that it was obtained by false pretenses, coercion, deceit, etc, an uphill battle esp after a number of years  

TUFCAT

Quote from: A12 Superbee on September 02, 2014, 06:38:12 PM

Fascinating saga unfolding here... :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

:iagree:  

Someone may have a "real" car based on docs in hand, and unfortunately the other guy might have whatever's left of the metal that once represented a Hemi Charger.  It would be interesting to see how the law works.  

These hacks should have been more careful about leaving identification on the old body parts.  Most of these fraudsters cut the car into little pieces for recycling after performing such rebody surgery.  :hack:  What kind of a crook leaves "remains"?!   :D  

Strangely enough, this car might even be numbers matching again if the original engine/trans showed up, or somebody got out their "36-Piece Super Deluxe Number and Letter Engine Block Die Stamping Set"   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Aero426

I am willing to pay $ 1,000.00 US for the return of these items ( NO QUESTIONS ASKED )  The photos are from the eBay ad
 Thanks for your help

Even though they "belong" to your car,  regardless of the circumstances,  $1000 probably isn't enough to motivate anyone to come forward.