News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Woods-carry pocket .22's

Started by charge69, September 30, 2014, 08:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge69

Hello fellow shooters,

I have a number of .22lr pistols from snubbies to full-on target models but, the little guys are so much fun to shoot and/or carry!  Here is one of them, an early '70's model S & W Model 34-1.  Got it a few years back for a nice price and came with the matching box and docs. 

Let's see some other ones as I am sure there are a few owners on this forum!

nvrbdn

that is nice looking. I will have to get some pics going of my carry toys. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

myk

Can you even find .22 ammo these days?  In California that caliber has pretty much achieved unicorn status...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

kab69440

I've never noticed an availability problem at any gun show. Tri-State in Lima, Ohio is this coming weekend! Can't wait!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

charge69

.22lr is still hard to find on a regular basis unless you want to buy from some profiteering individual at ridiculous prices. People are still buying it up and either hoarding or reselling at crazy prices.

That said,  watch your local Walmart on Saturday, Oct4th . Starting at 8am they will have CCI standard velocity 40gr. HP in 325 round packs on sale for a great price, limit 3.    Heard this on another board. Walmart has been hoarding pallets of it to have it for the sale. True or not, we should know this Saturday.

I still have a good bit of .22lr stashed away but  do not just plink away with it anymore. I just refuse to pay scalpers prices for it and am still waiting patiently for the supply and prices to stabilize.

el dub

Sig-Hammerli, 6 inch barrel. This gun will shoot the eyes out of a gnat. I love it. :cheers:
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

el dub

Quote from: twodko on October 01, 2014, 11:38:41 AM
Why is .22lr in such demand?

Cheap shooting, I guess. I use mine to shoot ground squirrels mainly.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

charge69

Quote from: twodko on October 01, 2014, 11:38:41 AM
Why is .22lr in such demand?

Many reasons but panic buying for future stores of it seems to be a big reason. When and if the STHF a person can carry lots of .22lr vs most any other type of ammo and it will kill just about anything if you do your job.  I mean even Eskimos hunt Polar Bear with it!  Two-legged dangers also. Certainly, a .22lr is not ideal but I don't know anyone that would voluntarily get shot with a .22lr just to show it is ineffective!  A .22lr has been used for most anything you would likely encounter here.

Very nice Sig-Hammerli !  Those are rare around here.  Nothing really out of the ordinary around here. Just Brownings, Rugers, S & W's, etc.

If we ever really get to a SHTF situation, the new "money" will probably be ammo and .22lr will be at the top of the list!

stripedelete

Combination of the shtf crowd, flippers and those migrating to .22 from more expensive calipers.

I believe the most overlooked contributer to the shortage is the rise of the non-marksman in the sport.
They brandish a semi auto 22lr with a 30 round magazine and maybe a bump fire.    500 rounds is a normal day.
Fifty rounds for a marksman oriented shooter or even an old school plinker is/was a good day.  Not passing judgement.  It is what it is.

Add to that a whole different crowd that is playing rising ammo prices like the stock market and the next thing you know, "Bob's your uncle".

bordin34

I dont own a .22 pistol yet but I may be winding up with this for free soon. Quite possibly one of the crappiest pistols ever made. Rohm Rg23.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

charge69

Oh Lawd !! Ha !  I can't believe that pistol (Rohm RG23) was actually made in Germany !! Yep, it probably is the crappiest .22 pistol ever made !   The epitome of the "Saturday-Night Special".  The one you are showing there looks like it would be scary to shoot!

bordin34

I hear they spit about as much lead out of the cylinder gap as the muzzle.

Mahwah,NJ

dual fours

Quote from: bordin34 on October 01, 2014, 03:01:44 PM
I dont own a .22 pistol yet but I may be winding up with this for free soon. Quite possibly one of the crappiest pistols ever made. Rohm Rg23.

What's connected to that stag grip in the background?
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

bordin34

A 1952 S&W Combat Masterpiece. Not in the greatest condition. Im more into rifles and the only pistol I have is a CZ82. Its what I carry in PA and VA.

Mahwah,NJ

dual fours

My smallest in .22 short.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

kab69440

Years ago I saw one of those NAA .22s fixed to an ornate belt buckle at a flea market and didn't have enough cash to buy it.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

bordin34

They make them up to .22 mag, that would be fun to shoot. I shot a Lincoln Derringer BP replica and that thing was not fun to shoot.

Mahwah,NJ

charge69

I think I would actually rather have a big rock than one of those NAA .22's.  Those pistols with their 25 lb. pull single-action hammers you have to pull back and at least 25 lb. pull open triggers combined with their size and shape would just never work for me.  They are also so small that I would have a far better chance of shooting myself fumbling with the gun in a high-stress situation than the bad guy trying to get one into action. That would only be if the bad guy honored a "Kings-X" while I fumbled my NAA out of its hiding place and finally got it into action!  Ha!

Incidently, They are cute and fascinating but, I don't own one and wouldn't own one for backup or any other situation!

gtx6970

Closest thing I have for a concealed carry weapon is my SW 38,,my thoughts are if I plan to pull the trigger i want them to know it 

And the only 22LR I own is my Browning semiauto

But to be honest I bought the 22 over 5 years ago and still haven't shot it. The 38 came from my father in laws estate and it's never been fired either

Mytur Binsdirti

charge69

Hey gtx6970:  That top pistol is not a Browning Buckmark, it is a Beretta Neos !  Nice pistol, by the way.

nvrbdn

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 07, 2014, 01:45:14 PM
Here's mine.....

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

thats awesome. i have quite a few toy guns in my collection. and with the box on top of that. very nice. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1BAD68

not a pistol but...
I picked up a 1873 Winchester in .357 caliber. I've wanted one since I was a kid and they finally started making them again after a 93 year wait.
This thing is smooth as silk and deadly accurate.

dual fours

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG