News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona mesh grille question!!

Started by 2fast4u, March 24, 2006, 12:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fast4u

I recall a few years back when my cousin and I had went to Denver to a mopar meet held at a Marriot Hotel parking lot......one of the Daytonas there was once in a Mopar magazine(don't recall which magazine).  But the artical on this piticular Daytona was called "Wingo Star", a B5 blue Daytona with a white stripe, black interior and a Hemi eng. (beautiful car I might ad),and if I remember right it was an console automatic,with chrome magnum 500's on it.  It was photographed for the magazine artical with the red rocks mountains in the background.  I think the DCMB user "Daytona R/T SE" uses this photo as his avitar picture!

What stood out the most about this Daytona was the fact that it had a chrome mesh grille and the piece of trim which held it was also chrome while all the other Daytonas (about 4 others) where all painted body color.

We had spoke to the owner who was the original owner of the car......he told us that he had seen the drawing advertisement that the dealer had and he decided to order one on the spot without seeing a Daytona in person first.  He never gave the car a second thought when he got it that the grille was chrome.  We asked him why his was and the others were not chrome!  He told us the only thing he could figure was it was an early production Daytona!

Is this the reason why?  I have seen more than one Daytona with a chrome front grille....but very, very few!  Any help on this one guys

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Daytona R/T SE

I like that car!  I've seen a few Daytonas with the grilles chromed, it would be easy enough to do, and it looks cool!

2fast4u

So Daytona R/T SE.....since you have what looks like the car in question as an avitar.....can you shed any light on this photo of yours?

2fast

Daytona R/T SE

All I know about this picture is I scanned it off of one of those "Muscle cards" trading cards...give me a second...

The card looked like this one recently on ebay:

Ghoste

I've seen a few of those chrome grille ones and had always just assumed it was some kind of aftermarket piece.  It'd be interesting to find out otherwise.

nascarxx29

Im not sure but I think JIm Mcauleys daytonar that was sold new and used in a Kansas city expo center.Had a chromegrille frame on it to
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

3--Daytona

2fast4you;;;;;;;;Some clairfication. To the best of my knowledge, any grill screen that is chrome, has been done so by the owner. I know of a Daytona in southern Ill,, that has one. They traced it back to orginal owner, who admitted to having it chromed.
    ""WINGO  STAR""  Was a story in MOPAR ACTION,,OCT, 1990.  about my red Daytona.

Grill screen's with long rectangler slot's were orginal,,,sccreen's with round hole's were parts counter replacments, when you could still buy parts for Daytona from a dealer.

None of my Daytona's ever had chrome screens. but red car had round hole screen, it had been  wrecked.
                                                     3--daytona

nascarxx29

I thought the wingo star story was your car Jim.I think there was even another daytona that had a chrome grille frame .It was CA car .That was in a MCG story awhile back
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

2fast4u

I guess I'll have to look through all my magazines and find that artical!   I would imagine that the one that I'm refering too is in an older issue, old enough to probably have been rewritten in another issue with another Daytona!   Who knows!  Maybe not!   :shruggy:

2fast

G-Series

3--Daytona

Is this a State of Maryland  ""Required""  bumper ?       3--daytona

dayclona

Quote from: G-Series on March 26, 2006, 06:53:47 AM
:icon_smile_wink:

actually, it's the optional  front Daytona towel rack,......as the Daytona already has one in the rear,.........work's great1 ;D