News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fiberglass Daytona wing sale

Started by BigBlockSam, March 21, 2006, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

needs alittle help

**Inactive Link Removed**
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemigeno

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 21, 2006, 08:00:17 PM
needs alittle help

Boy, isn't that the truth???

Wonder how the vertical stabilizer got broke like that? 

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hemigeno

Here's where it needs the most "help":

My guess is that they backed into something, as it looks like the attachment screw was pushed forward and up, not down or back like you would expect if it was an overloaded wing...

:Twocents:

BigBlockSam

do you thinkthat it coulda been done buy high speeds?  i've heard stories of fiberglass wings shaking at high speeds.  :shruggy:

daytonalo

I RAN A CABLE THRU WING JUST IN CASE

hemigeno

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 21, 2006, 08:50:49 PM
do you thinkthat it coulda been done buy high speeds?  i've heard stories of fiberglass wings shaking at high speeds.  :shruggy:

That's possible, and especially if they put the horizontal stabilizer on upside down.

I'm not sure, but it almost looks like the broken horizontal stabilizer section matches up with the damaged end of the vertical stabilizer only if the airfoil was installed upside down (where the generated lift would be uplift rather than downforce).

It doesn't look like the horizontal stabilizer was damaged by backing into something, so my earlier theory doesn't hold water.  If some numbskull had the wing on upside down, that would do it...   :rotz:

hotrod98

Are all fiberglass wings solid? I thought that the fg wings that I have seen were hollow with a cable runing through them. This wing looks like a cast composite wing of some sort. Would be great if someone built a cast composite wing.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 21, 2006, 08:50:49 PM
:iagree: thats what it looks like but there doesn't appear to be much road rash other than the broken parts.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser