News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MCACN roll call!

Started by pettybird, October 23, 2014, 11:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Could we sticky this please?

It's not Talladega but there are enough of us going that we should figure out the size of our pack and grab dinner somewhere.

I'll be coming with mom, and probably spending a day or so in the Chicago area--we have family in Lake Zurich. 

hemigeno

Ghoste

A buddy and I are talking about it but I'm not going to commit to anything just yet.

Aero426

Will be there.   I had better get a room. 

Aero426

Quote from: pettybird on October 23, 2014, 11:36:08 AM
Could we sticky this please?

It's not Talladega but there are enough of us going that we should figure out the size of our pack and grab dinner somewhere.

I'll be coming with mom, and probably spending a day or so in the Chicago area--we have family in Lake Zurich.  

Yeah, yeah.   You are heading up for the fur convention.    Bummer, it's actually in December this year.    No furries.   

maxwellwedge

I'm there - I will be helping to judge the Mopars for vintage certification with Frank B. Maybe have a beer or two as well. See you all there.  :cheers:

hemi68charger

What is MCACN again and where is it? Don't live with this acronym..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 23, 2014, 12:47:33 PM
What is MCACN again and where is it? Don't live with this acronym..

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals,  Rosemont IL,  November 22-23.    

Fly in to O'Hare.   Take the shuttle to the show and hotels 5 min away.    

http://mcacn.com/

pettybird

Quote from: Aero426 on October 23, 2014, 12:06:03 PM
Yeah, yeah.   You are heading up for the fur convention.    Bummer, it's actually in December this year.    No furries.   

(quietly cancels travel plans)

70EK2Bird

Will be there with my bird somewhere in the Mopar Alley.   :cheers:

hemi68charger

Chicago?! Dang it..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 23, 2014, 05:41:06 PM
Chicago?! Dang it..........

It's worth it.  There's a club/local/driver car area but damn near every show car is a stupid rare blue chip car.

What's a ticket up for the day cost?

70EK2Bird

[/quote]
What's a ticket up for the day cost?
[/quote]

website shows $20 per day. 

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on October 23, 2014, 03:57:30 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on October 23, 2014, 12:06:03 PM

(quietly cancels travel plans)
and he has rescheduled for December
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

If you are looking for a hotel deal, Priceline Express Deals has a three star for $60 (O Hare North area) right now.   It's a Courtyard by Marriott on River Rd, 1.5 miles N of the convention center on the same road.     Free parking at the hotel. 

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Aero426 on October 24, 2014, 02:00:02 PM
If you are looking for a hotel deal, Priceline Express Deals has a three star for $60 (O Hare North area) right now.   It's a Courtyard by Marriott on River Rd, 1.5 miles N of the convention center on the same road.     Free parking at the hotel. 

That's a nice Courtyard also! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dave Kanofsky

Are you thinking dinner on Saturday?
Undetermined if I'm going yet to spectate, but if I am Saturday has better potential...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

70Sbird

i usually go up for the day on Saturday and am headed home by midafternoon. If there will be a dinner or something I'll hang around

Scott Faulkner

Aero426

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on October 25, 2014, 03:36:40 PM

Are you thinking dinner on Saturday?
Undetermined if I'm going yet to spectate, but if I am Saturday has better potential...

Saturday is definitely the busier day at the show people wise.

magnumauto

Magnum Auto Restoration will be there and will be unveiling our latest restoration of this Lime Green, white interior Hemi 4 speed Bird

We are sponsoring the 50th anniversary f the Hemi display and will have it there.

Stop by, check it out, and say hello.

Mark

Mopar John

426 Linda and I will be there with our freshly restored 440 SIX PACK bird in the " COLOR MY WORLD" display.
So we will be around all weekend.
MJ

TheAutoArchaeologist

I JUST finished doing the maps for the show.
Holy crap there is so much amazing stuff this year I can't even list it all!  Seriously. 

I will of course be running the Barn Finds / Hidden Gems area.  Please bring food and water, otherwise I might not make it out alive.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/collections/72157629132016545/

Real 71 Hemi Cuda Vert... and a Tucker.

Another real 71 Hemi Cuda Vert... and the Tucker.

Someone let a bear drive the 71 Hemi Cuda Vert.

Ryan

pettybird

the white and blue cars look MUCH nicer in this picture than in real life lol

Quote from: Devil on October 27, 2014, 08:49:53 PM

Aero426

69_500

Heck that red C500 on the end of the row looks decent from that angle