News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 Hits the Paint Booth

Started by 71charger_fan, October 25, 2014, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71charger_fan

Interior trim cleaned up and refinished.

71charger_fan

It's finally home.

71charger_fan

Finally got it out in the sun

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

DownZero

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

71charger_fan

Since only one hole on the package shelf is a speaker hole and the other is for the defogger, I wanted the screw heads for the second speaker to sit flush so I cobbled together a tool to dimple the flat sheetmetal.

71charger_fan

When I realized that my spare was almost 30 years old, it was time to buy a new one for the next 30 years. Found a dealer in Texas who had one of these left and got it for $60, including shipping.

71charger_fan

I got the inside of the trunk finished. I found some carpet underlay and cut a piece to fit the package shelf, glued it on, and installed the shelf. Now, I'm not sure the order of how it's supposed to be assembled. I have the interior quarter trim on top of the package shelf but I'm wondering if it should go under.

NHCharger

Nice. Hope to see it at Carlisle next year.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71charger_fan

Today was tailpipe day/exhaust tip day.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

71charger_fan

Finally got the carpet in. I hate doing carpet.

71charger_fan

Installing the plastic sheeting is almost as tedious as installing the carpet.

71charger_fan

The headliner has been folded up in the box for a couple of years. Now to try and relax out the creases.

71charger_fan

Dodge didn't insulate the rear inner wheel wells. I had some leftover material from the '55 Plymouth wagon project so I put it to use.

71charger_fan

I saw in the seat belt section of the service manual a mention of anti-rattle washers. I didn't have any such thing so I improvised.

71charger_fan

Finally on the alignment rack.

I really screwed up my headliner installation. So, now I'm waiting on one backordered at Year One. I guess I will go ahead and fit all the trim to make sure it's good while I wait for the headliner.

71charger_fan

Up in the air for transmission filter change. One of the three screws that hold the filter snapped so I'm waiting on delivery of some 10-24 by 2.25" to finish the job. Likely, I'll put a few miles on it, then do it again to make sure to get out any sludge loosened by this change.

71charger_fan

Yesterday, I took it to Freestate Auto Repair in Frederick, MD and had the tailpipes modified so that the tips fit properly in the valance and got the A/C charged. Good work, fairly priced.

Still waiting for a back ordered headliner to replace the one I messed up.

JB400

New style emblem looks good on there

71charger_fan

I bought three of them but decided to keep it simple and just put the one on the trunk lid. I bought one fender star in silver that came on Neons and put that on the right fender. Plus the modern Dodge emblem on the headlight door is all the external badging it's getting.

71charger_fan

After an accident back in '89 that partially collapsed the quarter panel and the recent quarter panel replacement, I couldn't get the driver side rear window top adjusted out far enough. I finally pulled the adjuster out of the car and flipped the sliding part around and gained about an extra 1/4" of adjustment. Just what I needed to get the glass where it needed to be.

71charger_fan

When I put the grille together, I was missing a headlight door bushing. I finally found another one in my stash and decided to put it in today. It was so much easier when the bumper was off the car.

71charger_fan

Warmer temps meant it was time to pull the Charger out of hibernation and take another run at the headliner. First, I have to remove the remnants of the first failed attempt.