News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 69 grills-In stock at classic industries

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 25, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

It looks like 69 owners now have a source for decent priced replacement grills. 900 bucks. Not bad. Beats the $2,500+ grills on ebay. I might wait for a 30% off sale and pick one up for a spare?

Anyone seen the quality of these?

http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mb143505.html
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

DAY CLONA

Sometimes you wait for a better deal/lower price/etc...then when you finally pull the trigger, there's no more, esp with repro parts....yeah it sucks to buy high, then find out later they dropped the price...but it's even worse when someone holds a discontinued part on EBAY or CL for hostage and you end up paying more than the initial introduction price

I always believe, "he who snoozes, loses" :Twocents:

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: DAY CLONA on October 25, 2014, 01:53:38 PM
Sometimes you wait for a better deal/lower price/etc...then when you finally pull the trigger, there's no more, esp with repro parts....yeah it sucks to buy high, then find out later they dropped the price...but it's even worse when someone holds a discontinued part on EBAY or CL for hostage and you end up paying more than the initial introduction price

I always believe, "he who snoozes, loses" :Twocents:

:lol:  I just had the same thought so...I ordered one with a 20% off code. I'll post up some pics when it shows up and compare it with the one on my car to see how well they are made.

Apparently 68 & 70 grills are in the works as well.  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

JB400

Baldwinvette77

SWEET!!! Now i dont have to worry about smashing mine up  :rofl:

JB400

The originals will still command a premium for those that it matters to.  This is just a sigh of relief for those that drive their cars in case something bad does happen

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: JB400 on October 25, 2014, 02:34:33 PM
The originals will still command a premium for those that it matters to.  This is just a sigh of relief for those that drive their cars in case something bad does happen

im honestly stoked these exist now, maybe now all those parted out parts cars may get a 2nd... maybe 3rd... maybe 4th? chance at life  :cheers:

Ghoste

twodko

What JB400 said. I would imagin it's made in China.
I think it's fantastic a 69 grill is now available. So many
'69 owners have taken huge financial hits buying
parts of these grills here and there in questionable
shape.

Cheers to Classic industries.  :cheers:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

GordonGriggs

Finally! Only thing I don't understand is why this has to be shipped freight. Looks like it could be shipped UPS since its going to be in sections anyway. And all of the sections can be put in one large box. After I get some feedback on this grill Im going to buy a spare.

JB400

I wouldn't trust $1000 plastic grille shipped by regular mail in a cardboard box.  That's inviting disaster, especially the way delivery drivers treat small packages now a days.  That quarter panel taco comes to mind that was posted almost a month a go.

don duick

If I had a 69 with a perfect grill I would remove it and keep it as a spare and use the repo

don duick

interesting to see how tough they are. I know the 70 grill is very tough as mine surprisingly survived being smashed by my swinging tailend of my gearbox during the last engine installation.

Ghoste

69Charger_440

Great to see, and just in time for X-mas!!  :angel:

Would these be from the guy that was making them overseas?  Bobfist or something like that?

69 OUR/TEA

Wow !! Did'nt see that one coming !!! No BS , was just getting ready to put my NOS 69 grill (center in the orig box,left/right extensions/and mint orig headlight doors)up for sale as well as another NOS center I have in the box !!!!  :brickwall:

stripedelete

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on October 25, 2014, 05:11:00 PM
Great to see, and just in time for X-mas!!  :angel:

Would these be from the guy that was making them overseas?  Bobfist or something like that?

I was thinking along the same lines.  I thought Bob mentioned that he was working with a big distributor.  Maybe he licensed it to PG?

I don't remember ever seeing a review on Bobs grille.  Hope to see one here soon.

So does this "run the table" on 69 parts?   Can we build one from a catalogue now (like the Mustang guys)?

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

bull

Funny, every time some of us brought up the notion of reproduction 2nd gen grills we were told over and over (by one member imparticular) that they would NEVER, EVER be reproduced because they would cost $3,000 or are too complex or there's no real demand, too many moving parts, etc. :scratchchin:

Anyway, it's a good thing IMO. And the fact that Classic Industries is listing them lends credence to the idea that they will be a quality part. Very good price, too. :2thumbs:

Cncguy

Doesn't look like any of the steel mounting brackets are included. Guess you still have to search for a destroyed grill to get them from.

Mopar Nut

Awesome!

Wow, only $773.39 to my door, that's a steal.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

autodynamics

Wow, I didn't see that coming, sounds cheap also
I wonder of the Chinese plastic and fit and finish is good
The only way is to see one in person and white and red is our Guinnie pig

I would still prefer a real original grill over a repro any day
Your still over 1500.00
With trim and hardware and grill frame
I guess my spare grill has competition now

bill440rt

Awesome news, AND reasonably priced!!  :woohoo:
Looks like a very nice reproduced part judging by the photos.
Like any repro part, NOS or mint originals will always command a higher price. It's just how it is.

The only metal brackets on '68-'69 grilles is where the headlamp doors pivot. I can't tell in the photos whether these brackets are intact, but it does state that it comes as a complete assembly with the doors and everything.
The '70 grilles had several metal brackets pop riveted to the plastic shell. Those grilles are super fragile, if they're in the works I can't wait to see them.  :drool5:

Clayton, please post up a detailed report with more pics!!!  :yesnod:  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce