News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 69 grills-In stock at classic industries

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 25, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLASSIC

Quote from: cavemanno1 on August 26, 2015, 01:09:31 PM
Thanks Classic!

That black grill is so sweet!!! :drool5:
Are they in stock or on back order?I don't have a chager yet but i would even love to just watch it as a wall art in my house!
Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,
Currently the status of the 1969 grilles in black are "on order", and "in production". We have them coming in regularly, however, currently, as soon as they arrive, they usually ship right back out to fulfill customer backorders that are pending. Eventually, we believe that production will catch up with demand. Currently, the best advice we can give you is to place an order. When you place an order, you are not charged at the time of order, you are put on a waiting list in which orders are shipped in the order that they are received... first in, first out.  If your order ships within 90 days, your card will be charged at the time that the item is shipped. If product becomes available after 90 days, you will receive a call to determine if you still want us to ship the order. With your approval, we will then charge your card, and ship your order. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Toll Free: 800-854-1280

bbody68

Hi Ray, sounds like others on the forum would like to hear how the new promotional discount policy works also. I think it would be of more benefit to everyone if it was explained here instead of in a PM. Thanks Brad

CLASSIC

Quote from: bbody68 on August 25, 2015, 04:13:42 PM
Hi Classic,not trying to high jack this thread but as I am considering purchasing one of these grille assembly's can you please explain how your company's discount structure works now in regard to promotional discount offers? I recently went to place a order during a up to 30% off promotion and only recieved a discount of 15%. I queried this and was told that the discounts are now on a "tiered system"? A email I sent requesting further information on how the new system works went unanswered.

Hello bbody68,
Thank you for the inquiry. Promotional offers will always have terms and conditions, or disclaimers that must be read carefully to ensure that you fully understand what is covered by the offer. I believe the promotional offer you are inquiring about may have been our Dog Days of Summer Sale which allowed for a maximum discount of "up to 30% off* on orders over $249. In order to better explain how our sales promotions work, I have included a screenshot of this particular sale, and have highlighted some of the important qualifying wording in the offer, as well as key points in the terms and conditions of the offer. The main thing to keep in mind with any promotion, is that the headlines will usually call attention to the maximum discount percentage that is being offered on select items during the sale. But there will always be terms and conditions in smaller print that will explain the offer in more detail, and call out any restrictions or exclusions.

1.) Please refer to the red circles in the example attached:
The wording "up to" in an offer means that the discount being allowed varies from 0% (when a product is exempt from the offer) up to the maximum discount percentage being advertised, which in this example is 30% off on orders over $249.

2.) Please refer to the blue and yellow squares in the attached example:
An *asterisk in an offer usually denotes that there are important terms and conditions, exemptions, or disclaimers that must be read. When you see an asterisk in an offer, look deeper for the fine print that begins with an *asterisk, and read through the terms to better understand the details of the offer.

3.) Please refer to red circled copy in the terms and conditions of the attached example:
Certain items may be exempt from this offer. This means that there may be items that are already discounted, that feature an everyday low price, or that are otherwise exempt from the offer for some reason.

4.) Please refer to red underlined copy in the terms and conditions of the attached example:
Maximum discount on some parts may be less than promotional discount offered. This means that some items may not have enough margin between the cost of the item and the retail price, to allow for the maximum discount percentage to be taken. In these cases, the discount will be less than the percentage shown in the headline.

Hopefully this has been helpful in explaining how our promotional offers work, and has provided some tips on better understanding the language in a promotional offer.

For further details, please visit our policies page online at: http://www.classicindustries.com/info/promotions/

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

bbody68

Hi Ray,thanks for your post. I was aware that the promotion was for up to 30% off,my question is how do we work out at time of ordering what discount rate applies to any particular item without going through the whole ordering process to checkout? I was informed that the discounts are now on a tiered system,does this mean that we need to order over a certain $ amount to or a certain number of items to reach the maximum discount level?
Thanks Brad

CLASSIC

Quote from: bbody68 on August 27, 2015, 03:35:35 PM
Hi Ray,thanks for your post. I was aware that the promotion was for up to 30% off,my question is how do we work out at time of ordering what discount rate applies to any particular item without going through the whole ordering process to checkout? I was informed that the discounts are now on a tiered system,does this mean that we need to order over a certain $ amount to or a certain number of items to reach the maximum discount level?
Thanks Brad

Hi Brad,
Thank you for clarifying the question. No, you do not have to go through the entire order process online to determine what discount rate applies to any particular product.
The promo code can be entered on the order summary page, which comes before the billing page on the web.
As far as discounts being "tiered". This is just a fancy way of saying that the actual discounts allowed are "up to" the discount percentage advertised.
Once the min order amount has been met... i.e on a promotion where you get up to 20% off* on orders over $249...
Once the order equals $250 before discount, the amount of the order becomes irrelevant, and the percentage of discount on each item will not change whether you are buying 5 or 50 of these items.
The percentage off is based on the the margin (difference between cost and retail) of each product.
So, in other words, products with a higher margin will be allowed a higher discount percentage off (up to the maximum percentage advertised), and vice versa. (low margin products=lower discount percentage or perhaps even discount exempt)
So, if you enter a promo code, and the order qualifies for a discount, and you determine that the allowable discount is 18% off of a particular product, then until that promo code expires, that product will always qualify for an 18% discount using that promo code, no matter how many of them you buy, or what dollar amount you are spending (above $249). Hopefully, I have done a good job of explaining this. If not, let me know.

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

bbody68

Hi Ray, that was the information I was after. Thanks for taking the time to explain to us how the discounts work.
Cheers
Brad

sneezi

So has the discount system changed recently??
I ask this as i placed many orders in the past with 20%-25% and
this has applied to all items in my cart except exempt items.
Now recently the percentage discount varies on every item.
thanks for your time

CLASSIC

Quote from: sneezi on August 28, 2015, 05:59:49 AM
So has the discount system changed recently??
I ask this as i placed many orders in the past with 20%-25% and
this has applied to all items in my cart except exempt items.
Now recently the percentage discount varies on every item.
thanks for your time

What you may be noticing is that we have recently introduced some new promotions to our marketing mix with the introduction of our new up to 25% off or up to 30% off sales. Our discount system during these new promotions will allow for more items to be discountable than ever before. Over 28,000 items that were previously discount exempt, will be discountable during these promotions. Many items will be allowed a varied discount percentage based on the margin of the product rather than a straight discount with a lot of exceptions, or exempt items.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

sneezi

Thanks for replying Classic industries.
Just to let you know i would much prefer the old discount system.
I was planning on spending up to 5k soon but i will have to rethink my list
as the discount averages out to 15% when 25%-30% is applied.
The difference works out on a 5K order a little under $500.
Just giving my opinion as a frequent customer.
Thanks

CLASSIC

Quote from: sneezi on August 28, 2015, 05:06:02 PM
Thanks for replying Classic industries.
Just to let you know i would much prefer the old discount system.
I was planning on spending up to 5k soon but i will have to rethink my list
as the discount averages out to 15% when 25%-30% is applied.
The difference works out on a 5K order a little under $500.
Just giving my opinion as a frequent customer.
Thanks

Thanks for your comments. If you would like to PM me with your list, I would be happy to look it over. But, like I said, it all depends on the types of products you are ordering as to what the savings will be with any promotion. Even the old 20% off promotion could effectively yield an average of 15% depending on the types of products on the order. I'll be out over the weekend, but if you PM me your list and contact info, I'll respond to you again next week. Have a great weekend.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

bbody68

I'm with you on that Snezzi, always found that I recieved the full promotional discount on all items as long as the item wasn't discount exempt. The new system makes it hard to use the discounts to offset the shipping costs to our part of the world. I have been buying a few items from a C I competitor lately and have found their overseas shipping rates to be a lot more reasonable than they used to be ,coincidently they have a 30% off all non discount exempt items promotion on this weekend. Brad

rebby

Am I only one that is fine w/the new discount system at CI? Personally, I'd rather get a 3% on a low margin item than see "* Discount Exempt". It always seemed like the vast majority of stuff that I needed to order was discount exempt so it's nice to get a little break on these items from time to time. Although I would strongly prefer to get 30% off everything, the only way to make this happen would be to increase prices to assure a 30+% margin on EVERYTHING or take a loss a bunch of thing and, potentially, go out of business. Neither scenario is acceptable in my mind so I'm happy w/the sliding scale for discounts. It would be nice to know the discount price right up front though. For example, enter the discount code into your cart/profile/where ever, then when you're on the product page have it display both the everyday price and the discounted price (along w/a "% off"?) This would help me decide on a go/no-go for something that I'd like to order but may not necessarily "need" right now.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

CLASSIC

Quote from: rebby on August 29, 2015, 10:35:59 AM
Am I only one that is fine w/the new discount system at CI? Personally, I'd rather get a 3% on a low margin item than see "* Discount Exempt". It always seemed like the vast majority of stuff that I needed to order was discount exempt so it's nice to get a little break on these items from time to time. Although I would strongly prefer to get 30% off everything, the only way to make this happen would be to increase prices to assure a 30+% margin on EVERYTHING or take a loss a bunch of thing and, potentially, go out of business. Neither scenario is acceptable in my mind so I'm happy w/the sliding scale for discounts. It would be nice to know the discount price right up front though. For example, enter the discount code into your cart/profile/where ever, then when you're on the product page have it display both the everyday price and the discounted price (along w/a "% off"?) This would help me decide on a go/no-go for something that I'd like to order but may not necessarily "need" right now.

Thank you for the comments. The feedback we have received on the new promotions we have been running has been very positive. It would be nice to have a scenario like you described for the website as far as promo code. We will have to run it by the developers and see if it is possible. In the meantime you can put items in your cart to check the pricing and enter the promo code to view the discount. This is done on the summary page, before you enter the billing information. You simply put the item in your cart and enter the promo code, and it will show you the discount. There are three steps to get to the summary page, but once you are there, you can update your cart with various items to view the discounts. Step 1 is to sign into your account. Step 2 is to update the vehicle info so we know what vehicle you are working on. Step 3 is to add items to cart and enter your promo code. Please review screenshots, attached that illustrate how this is accomplished.

Update Vehicle

Add Items to Cart and Enter Promo Code

Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

bbody68

Hi Ray, maybe you can see if the developers can also include the actual percentage rate of the discount instead of just the discount amount in the summary. It may help the mathematically challenged such as myself to see what actual discount percentage rate is being applied on each item. Thanks Brad

CLASSIC

Quote from: bbody68 on August 31, 2015, 03:28:19 PM
Hi Ray, maybe you can see if the developers can also include the actual percentage rate of the discount instead of just the discount amount in the summary. It may help the mathematically challenged such as myself to see what actual discount percentage rate is being applied on each item. Thanks Brad

Hi bbody68,

I will mention this to them. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street

sneezi

Hey Classic
  Did you get my big list of parts to review via email?
No rush just want to make sure you got it.
thanks

Mopar Nut

Quote from: sneezi on September 03, 2015, 03:20:11 PM
Hey Classic
  Did you get my big list of parts to review via email?
No rush just want to make sure you got it.
thanks
Use code WRK15 and get up to 30% OFF* orders over $199! Offer ends on Monday, September 7th, 2015 at midnight PST.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

sneezi

Thanks Mopar Nut
  I played with the 30% sale and compared it with my 25% list and no difference in price.
I have approximately 50 various items on the list.
Im waiting for Ray from classic to review my list.

Hey bbody 68 glad you can see where im coming from.Im surprised more people
have not picked up on this.
Give it a try guys with the 30% sale this weekend and see for yourselves.
Not 1 of my items is discounted by 30%

bbody68

Hi sneezi, don't know what items the 30% applies to? Mustn't be many items or Perhaps GM stuff!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: sneezi on September 04, 2015, 10:14:12 PM
Thanks Mopar Nut
 I played with the 30% sale and compared it with my 25% list and no difference in price.
I have approximately 50 various items on the list.
Im waiting for Ray from classic to review my list.

Wow, with the 30% off, I will only save 18% on a grill.

Ray, what about a group buy discount for DC members?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

sneezi

Group discount would be good.
I placed an order approx 6-8 months ago for a grille with the 25% discount, which brought it down to $750
and it still has not been forfilled, unfortunately for me  and other fellow Aussies is the dollar has dropped.

sneezi

bbody 68,,
yes it must be the GM guys getting 30% off, im bummed about
the new discount system

bbody68

I know how you feel sneezi! I'm down to the last few big ticket items needed for my resto and have been saving up to purchase them. Not being able to access the bigger discounts has really set me back with my car,won't even mention the exchange rate! Double whammy!! I appreciate that C I has been investing money in new new mopar stuff but I would hate to think we are subsidising the GM guys.

bbody68

Hey sneezi ,just placed a 15 item order with a CI competitor. Full 30% discount on all items!

sneezi

Yeah i believe i know who you are talking about....
I do some of my shopping there, unfortunately shipping costs are high
for certain items