News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 69 grills-In stock at classic industries

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 25, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr. hemi

What does this make the NOS, in the boxes, set of '69 grille pieces worth?

mrhemi
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: mr. hemi on February 17, 2017, 12:22:39 PM

mrhemi

Even more , because you can see now how the repo is not as good as an original !!!!!! Right out of the box they are sagging !!!! How are they gonna be over time , subjected to sunlight/heat ?

Lennard

Quote from: mr. hemi on February 17, 2017, 12:22:39 PM

mrhemi
That depends on who you ask.  :popcrn:

69 OUR/TEA

To be clear also , I don't want to sound negative about them , Kudos , great long awaited part for 68-69 Chargers . If you don't have anything , very easy to pick up the phone and order one . But for me , restoring a real R/T , I would and have searched out original and NOS pieces . For a driver or a budget build , have at it .
The other thing I would also say , again being very critical , I'd get one unpainted as the silver/gray color looks to be off and also they paint them incorrectly of where the silver/gray goes .

rcannon440

I just received my new grille from Classic Industries and it looks really nice! The only issue so far is there is a gap between the center section and the end pieces where they bolt together and are not flush, this is only on the bottom part the top is nice and even. Has anyone else experienced this and how did you fix it? Thanks

69B5

So sorry to open a NEW COMMENT ON THE OLD THREAD but it seems this is the newest thread on this

They have a $1500 version, with the brackets
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1969/dodge/charger/parts/*mb143521.html

And a $1050 version "Manufactured in injected molded plastic resin for greater flexibility."
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1969/dodge/charger/parts/mb143506.html

Any one seen or compared these 2 versions? It seems like the overall parts list and descriptions are the same, except the note about the material

Any idea if it is the exact same machines, and same company, just different material?

The more expensive one is hard for me to justify (I have a car with a so-so body, no fender tag) but if the otherone really is worth 50% more for some reason, I will do it

thx 

TexasStroker

I'm assuming the biggest reason for the jump is the fact that $1,500 includes the factory PNs and markings.

If you aren't going to go full-tilt factory resto, I'd save the $500 and invest it elsewhere.  Also on that note, if your are going for a gold class resto, I would advise getting a used grille and restoring it.

I have one of their first re-pops and it has held up fine thus far.  Only time will tell if one or the other is more susceptible to cracking.  The $500 you save now is halfway to a backup repop imo.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Ghoste

Be nice to see it hold out (obviously for you, but for everyone else too who invests in one).

Lennard

$1500??!! I'm glad that I bought mine when they first started to reproduce them. I paid half of that amount.

69 OUR/TEA

Seen one in the swap meet at Carlisle this year , headlight buckets drooping in the hot July sun !!!!!!  :o
Picked up another NOS 69 grill again this year ( complete minus trim ) , seems every year I go I manage to find them , so I buy them .There were 2 this year !!! Those who don't go to Carlisle , should !!!!!

70 sublime

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 24, 2019, 07:03:53 PM
Seen one in the swap meet at Carlisle this year , headlight buckets drooping in the hot July sun !!!!!!  :o
Picked up another NOS 69 grill again this year ( complete minus trim ) , seems every year I go I manage to find them , so I buy them .There were 2 this year !!! Those who don't go to Carlisle , should !!!!!

Care to share what a NOS grill is worth these days ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69B5

So when I put both version in the on line cart from Yearone, the 2 grille sets must of had different percentages of qualifying discounts, after adding the discount code the "non drooper" (or so I assume) was only about $100 more, so I got that one. I also noticed the cheaper one is now called "economy" set

They are both back ordered so I don't know when it will arrive, but that is what I ended up going with

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 24, 2019, 08:45:42 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 24, 2019, 07:03:53 PM

Care to share what a NOS grill is worth these days ??
I would say at least two or three times the cost of a reproduction so maybe around $2,000-$3000

BrianShaughnessy

So I'm guessing somebody else watched Detroit Muscle on tv over the weekend also?   :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Mopar Nut

Yes, project Hard Charger build is coming along nicely.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Texasdoc

Old topic, wondering how this all turned out over the years? Everyone that bought one happy?
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/members/69chargerr-tse.36841/
Spend the money and do it right the first time, or spend more money and do it over, so it's right.

purple70rt

I have not installed it yet, but I bought one for my 70 Charger along with the headlight doors and it looks awesome. Anyone have one installed yet?

Charger-Bodie

very happy with my oer 68 Grille. had to redo some of the silver paint though
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............