News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero parts on ebay

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, March 11, 2006, 03:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

link--->  **Inactive Link Removed**

link--->  **Inactive Link Removed**

if i had the $$$ i would buy it all and make a daytona clone out of an r/t with all original daytona parts , just like creative industries.-MATT

hotrod98

Those braces are actually for a daytona, not a superbird and they're reproductions. The superbird braces are slightly different.
Besides, you can buy a nicer set of repros from me for much less at $80 inc shipping. ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

Man that rear glass and rear window trim is looking pretty good. I would love to pick up an extra set, and a rear glass.

Highbanked Hauler

I would document the price of that glass if it sells cause any of us that loose a back window might have to prove replacement value.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

mustanghater

That rear window might be a scam cause those same pics were in an ebay ad out of Cleveland.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

nascarxx29

Dont know whos stuff that is on there currently .But I recall before seeing similar stuff on ebay .Be sold by Gary Mendy and hes not a bad guy
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Howie

:icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve:Cant be anyone elses since I removed the glass and trim from my closet after hanging on to it for over 10 years. I got it from R&R  in Mo.  It was about a year after Ron Slobe passed on.

daytonalo

THE BRACES LOOK LIKE THEY WERE PULLED OUT OF SOMEONES ASS !

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Was it an extra set that they had there are R&R's or did you pull it off of one of the 500's he had sitting there? I recall him having a B5 blue HEMI 500 years ago.

Howie

It was off one of the 500`s.  I am going nascar and would rather see the glass in an origional. I`d  hate to go to a baseball game and catch a fly ball thru the window.  Seen it happen. besides it is paying for the hemi parts I need.

69_500

Do you remember which 500 it came off of? I know where the B5 blue HEMI car that R&R used to have is, but I think it is still wearing it origional window. There was at least 2 other 500's there, but I can't recall what colors they were.

Are you using a real C500 to do the clone of the a Nascar? Or is it going to be cloned out of a regular charger?

Howie

I have a charger with no interior that is a perfect candidate. I already have a set of nascar tires mounted on the front. 15x10 wheel.  I have to make a trip to talledega to see the K&N car to see how the interior is done. Already have nose and wing. Will be using a vega plug. Powered by HEMI!

69_500

I see, well I think I have some pictures of the inside of the Buddy Baker car on my computer here. I'll look and see.

So are you going to have a lexan rear window made for the car? I'm not sure what they used for the rear window on the actual race cars, but the windows looked a lot thicker than factory.

dayclona

Quote from: 69_500 on March 22, 2006, 08:44:35 AM
I see, well I think I have some pictures of the inside of the Buddy Baker car on my computer here. I'll look and see.

So are you going to have a lexan rear window made for the car? I'm not sure what they used for the rear window on the actual race cars, but the windows looked a lot thicker than factory.

They used a polycarbonate (plastic) rear window,...........on both the Daytona, and Superbird...................I presently have 2 NOS NASCAR rear windows for Daytonas,...(not for sale)......................the original poly rear windows weren't as stable UV wise as some of todays modern polymers,.........the race cars experienced the convex bubble windows changing shape as the cars sat in the sun at the tracks, causing a possible aerodynamic change, I remember reading comments from various race teams regarding this matter in various "race magazines" from the period,...........also remember seeing some photos of wingcars at the "track" with covers over the rear windows, waiting in the sun for the race to start!.............

Mike G/ DAYCLONA