News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Karl Gould Hemi Superbird

Started by gymratt30, November 04, 2014, 05:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

NEW INFO--- UPDATES????   ???   ???   ??? :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

gymratt30

Ordered the Book Quarter Mile Muscle. Found a small picture and write up about the car.
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

gymratt30

heres the small write up (top Left)

gymratt30

Quote from: nascarxx29 on November 19, 2014, 01:44:00 AM
Its also on page 103 .As to the briggs Ray Allen LS6 Race it was againist the similar superbird.Maybe that's what the article thought
http://books.google.com/books?id=GlWbUGX-CF4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=QUARTER-Mile+Muscle&hl=en&sa=X&ei=mjtsVPj_IYSmgwSnz4HQDw&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=QUARTER-Mile%20Muscle&f=false

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=106158.0 Ray Allen VS Jack Werst Superbird Pic

Thanks for the Lead Nascarxx29 ... the book was well worth the purchase.!

nascarxx29

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: more documentation is a good thing
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

gymratt30

Yes Sir!:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Thanks again!

gymratt30

I got a possible lead on my missing engine, and figured id post here to see if someone remembers seeing the car im looking for.

Paul Messemer mentioned to me that the original motor for my superbird could be in a RED and White 1970 Hemi Cuda .

The story goes it  was a drag car... if Left PA. back in the 70's and went to FL. from there it was sold to a guy in GA. Paul said, he  last saw the car running at  a IHRA race held in Tenn. back 10 plus years ago.

anybody know of a red and white 70 cuda running IHRA in Tenn????

*1000.00 finders fee still offered to the person that can put me in touch with the current owner of the engine and * I actually buy the engine

mike hill

803 236 8828 cell

gymratt30

here is the glove box that Tim Richards signed for me over the Christmas Holidays. My wife wrapped it up and put it under the tree.

gymratt30

djcarguy

DO you have an can post some shots of th three birds at that show??/THANKS DJ OUT WEST

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:
Quote from: djcarguy on November 08, 2014, 02:57:19 PM
     great find MIKE ,WOOD BEE  neet to keep that paint for few years,just get a good air brush guy to touch up nose an hood.  make some magnetic or air brush signs for the side.. 

mike & son racing

mikes Bird Rescue

GymRat  Racing

I think the rallies are to small an tame looking????      keystone ,centerlines or cragers with big tires or slicks look killer with the custom paint.

some day do the karl G race paint but make nose match the quarter paint it kind of looks like crash repair the way its block painted in most of the pics.. kind of like 2nd an 3rd repaints better?

:popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: DJ,oregon

gymratt30

Quote from: djcarguy on February 24, 2015, 11:58:13 AM
      DO you have an can post some shots of th three birds at that show??/THANKS DJ OUT WEST

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:
Quote from: djcarguy on November 08, 2014, 02:57:19 PM
     great find MIKE ,WOOD BEE  neet to keep that paint for few years,just get a good air brush guy to touch up nose an hood.  make some magnetic or air brush signs for the side.. 

mike & son racing

heres a couple of pics of all 3 cars at Don Garlits last year

mikes Bird Rescue

GymRat  Racing

I think the rallies are to small an tame looking????      keystone ,centerlines or cragers with big tires or slicks look killer with the custom paint.

some day do the karl G race paint but make nose match the quarter paint it kind of looks like crash repair the way its block painted in most of the pics.. kind of like 2nd an 3rd repaints better?

:popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: DJ,oregon

gymratt30

2nd at Garlits

AFMBR

Quote from: gymratt30 on February 24, 2015, 12:07:55 PM
2nd at Garlits

That is one great looking collection mike. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your thread about the two side by side superbirds and I can't wait to see what you do to this superbirds.

farm966

Not sure if you guys heard, but Mike was offering people to drive his hemi bird around the parking lot at Garlits for $5.00!

gymratt30

Quote from: farm966 on April 07, 2015, 03:02:53 PM
Not sure if you guys heard, but Mike was offering people to drive his hemi bird around the parking lot at Garlits for $5.00!

Yep , and rides in the BLUE clone are free.
If you see the Blue clone next year,  just ask for a "free 1320 drive"

farm966

gymratt30

Quater mile...1320 ...
I remember you telling us, the person that  ran your superbird clone , and had the lowest time slip , got a free drug perscription at Swift pharmacy.!
\

farm966

Sorry, I was a little slow on that one....that was funny!

Daytona Enthusiast

Another cool Hemi Drag Bird in the new Elapsed Times...

gymratt30

cool, thats the first time ive seen that one. :2thumbs:

gymratt30

found this short write up in a issue of Drag Times.

gymratt30

Another cool article on the Karl Gould car . Bought this copy of Raceway news (* got a PM from a board member here that is was on EBAY).

Once again in this article it mentions the Hemi superbird winning over the Briggs Chevrolet team, But losing the Tritak and Morgan team.

does anyone know if the Briggs Chevrolet would have been the LS6 convertible?????? , (* it appears so to me  in the article). You guys read it and give me your thoughts....

Did Briggs Chevrolet run another SS/EA car in 1970????????

gymratt30

picture 2 from raceway news.

gymratt30

picture 3 from raceway news.

anyone know if the Briggs Chevrolet would have been the LS6 convertible???? , (* it appears so to me  in the article). You guys read it and give me your thoughts....

Did Briggs Chevrolet run another SS/EA car in 1970?

tan top

interesting stuff , thanks for posting  :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html