News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69rtse4spd

No jack, or spare, & the front bumper is to high on the driver side or to low on the pass. side. Still a nice car but not that much $$$.   

myk

Having recently faced the mortality of my own Charger I have to ask: what is the average selling price for what we here would consider a "good" but not necessarily excellent car, a driver?  Looks to me like Chargers that fall into that category are in the $50-60K range.  If that is so, I'll have to see about saving money in case I ever suffer a total loss and have to buy another car...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

That seems to be the range lately doesnt it?

303 Mopar

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 22, 2018, 07:53:42 PM
130 large?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-R-T/163012302240?hash=item25f44a55a0:g:7FwAAOSwFXla3JTc&vxp=mtr

I honestly don't know how Vanguard stays in business.  All of their cars are extremely overpriced, yet they have a huge inventory and seem to sell them to someone.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Challenger340

Quote from: myk on April 24, 2018, 12:54:35 AM
Having recently faced the mortality of my own Charger I have to ask: what is the average selling price for what we here would consider a "good" but not necessarily excellent car, a driver?  Looks to me like Chargers that fall into that category are in the $50-60K range.  If that is so, I'll have to see about saving money in case I ever suffer a total loss and have to buy another car...

Unfortunately, and I say that with relevance to the new Buyer's looking, or former owner's who may be wishing to reacquire ? the $50-$60K range seems to be the decent R/T range, the examples offered below which are more trouble than the Dollars saved initially.
That's just "my opinion", and I could be wrong here..... just me personally, but I have not seen a "decent" 2nd Gen R/T  in the $40's for awhile now ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Challenger340

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 24, 2018, 09:06:53 AM
130 large?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-R-T/163012302240?hash=item25f44a55a0:g:7FwAAOSwFXla3JTc&vxp=mtr

I honestly don't know how Vanguard stays in business.  All of their cars are extremely overpriced, yet they have a huge inventory and seem to sell them to someone.

The biggest question is who knows what Vanguard actually sells for ?
Their Inventory does seem to change though, so they must be selling at least a few. Always easier to come down in price to any Offer, than to do UP after ?

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on April 24, 2018, 08:02:31 AM
That seems to be the range lately doesnt it?

That's just swell.  So I figure I'd need about $55K just to be a contender, in case I ever need to buy again.   Although,  God willing,  I won't have to do that.  I plan to keep mine till death do us part.

Meanwhile, some friends of mine are mucking around with Mark 4 Toyota Supras, which I'm told, can go for as much as $100K in the right shape.   Man, who would've guessed Chargers and Supras would ever be worth this much...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Mike DC

We pass by $55k American pickup trucks on the road every single day. 

Challenger340

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 24, 2018, 08:24:06 PM

EXACTLY  :2thumbs:

myk

?????????

The point I'm making is that the market has gone up considerably since I last gave thought about buying a 2nd generation Charger.  That is all...

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: myk on April 25, 2018, 01:26:30 AM

?????????

The point I'm making is that the market has gone up considerably since I last gave thought about buying a 2nd generation Charger.  That is all...

No doubt about that.  I thought it would have hit a plateau by now.  But, it hasn't.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Mike DC

What I'm trying to say with the $55k pickup comment is that inflation plays a big role in this.  The Charger values are going up but the value of US dollars is also going down too.

A 5yo used Toyota Camry is $14k.

Common '60s non-fastback Mustangs sometimes change hands for $20k and more.

The average cost of 1 year in a 4-year public college (out of state) is $24k.

The median price of a new home is $200k.  

-----------------

2nd-gen Chargers do cost a ton these days.  But I don't think they are costing more than people are spending to build/maintain them.  A car doesn't exist for 50 years unless somebody keeps on spending money to keep it existing.  Even storage out of the weather costs something.  

Even occasional driving does wear & tear.  Most of the "driver" condition cars these days have already gotten amounts of restoration work that would have ranked as major a few decades ago.  

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

elks

possie traction that's funny

Mike DC

Somebody needs to tell that seller that no vehicle with 15-spoke turbine wheels has ever been worth $89,000.

triple_green

that bronze 69 belongs to a buddy of mine. I don't know why he thinks it is worth $89K, it is a 4-speed with the hemi orange 383-4. I think it is also an SE. It is not stock under the hood, but has orig eng and trans (I think), but a nice car. He has had it since HS and he is 60. He thinks the color combo is rare and the 383-4 with the 4-speed is rare. He tried to get GG to give him a report on the 1 of how many, but after six months and 14 phone calls he has nothing.

I have not told him what I think the car is worth and he has not asked.

Just curious, how much do you guys think that car is worth?

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Edelbroke

The price has to start somewhere.... People only see the finished product and always think its too much money but don't realize what it takes to restore one. Hard to tell how nice it is underneath but if it was on a rotisserie and if its as nice as the topside is, 89k could be a fair price. Personally I love seeing the prices go through the roof on these cars. I'm not buying, I have one already...

Challenger340

Quote from: triple_green on May 07, 2018, 07:31:54 PM
that bronze 69 belongs to a buddy of mine. I don't know why he thinks it is worth $89K, it is a 4-speed with the hemi orange 383-4. I think it is also an SE. It is not stock under the hood, but has orig eng and trans (I think), but a nice car. He has had it since HS and he is 60. He thinks the color combo is rare and the 383-4 with the 4-speed is rare. He tried to get GG to give him a report on the 1 of how many, but after six months and 14 phone calls he has nothing.

Mark
https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/1969-dodge-charger-se/6565687952.html
Looks to be a very fine example, shows pride in ownership with the continuity/history, factory 4 spd is a plus as well as the SE option, not sure if the rocker chrome should be there or not ?

One picture is not enough to make a guess, but IMO, $89K for a 383 example no matter how rare or clean would seem to be on the high side.  

Mike DC

I agree.  I'm making jokes about the wheels but the car looks nice as a whole.  Just not $89,000 nice.  That kind of money requires a top collectible VIN.  R/T + desirable color.   

ACUDANUT

The saddle colored Charger is listed as a 4 cylinder. LOL

70B5Cuda

Personally, I'm a fan of the "wheel wood" brakes it has
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Challenger340 on May 07, 2018, 11:38:56 PM
Quote from: triple_green on May 07, 2018, 07:31:54 PM

Mark

The rocker molding is not part of the A47 SE option .
https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/1969-dodge-charger-se/6565687952.html
Looks to be a very fine example, shows pride in ownership with the continuity/history, factory 4 spd is a plus as well as the SE option, not sure if the rocker chrome should be there or not ?

One picture is not enough to make a guess, but IMO, $89K for a 383 example no matter how rare or clean would seem to be on the high side.  

chargerperson

Quote from: Challenger340 on April 24, 2018, 09:19:07 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 24, 2018, 09:06:53 AM
130 large?

The biggest question is who knows what Vanguard actually sells for ?
Their Inventory does seem to change though, so they must be selling at least a few. Always easier to come down in price to any Offer, than to do UP after ?

I tried buying a couple different cars from Vanguard and they would not budget much on their prices - at least that was the case three or four years ago.  For one I won an eBay auction but it was below reserve (Green 68 mustang fastback restomod - not normally Mustang person but car was a bit unique - original looking but restomodded) and they would only lower the price about $1,500 on a car listed for $69K (i believe).   I had won the auction in the low $40s and wanted to see how low they would go - was only $1,500 off list.  Other car I believe was 68 Charger four or five years ago and it was similar - wouldn't budge much more then $1,000.

So wonder same question - who is actually buying cars from them?

Fonzy

It wouldn't surprise me if they make most of their business with overseas sales. Importing a car for a substantial amount of money without the possibility of checking it's condition first is always a risky move. Personally I'd spend an extra grand or two to fly to the desired car's location and take a close look - but loads of people don't. In case you decide not to, you probably want to go for a vendor whos been in the business for some time, has experience with shipping/customs and provides loads of high quality pictures instead of the 3 out of focus ones you have on your average craigslist ad.

Of course that will mean you probably won't make a bargain and you will have to fork out a bit more but it might decrease the possibility of you having a complete meltdown when opening the shipping container for the first time...which is not that unusual. There have been plenty of 6ft5 giants left in tears because they spent all their savings on a "daily driver" which is a project car at best.