News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smithenhiven

Quote from: comet_666 on August 12, 2018, 04:59:18 PM
https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/d/1969-dodge-charger-t-replica/6645615354.html

This car looks pretty good....

Yes it does, and at $42500, it doesnt seem that far out of line with current prices.  I'd say that one doesnt deserve to be in the delusional seller thread.

Oneofthesedays

Wow finally something reasonable. Thanks for posting

Oneofthesedays

Spoke to a guy regarding a 68 replica/clone out of TX. Looks good in the video. Runs well.  440. Said he's thinking $37,500. Non R/T replicas/clone seem to not hold the value as much. I guess someone could do enough to a clone R/T to raise the price, which is what we see on these ebay ad's, non R/T asking 35-40K+ and sitting. Would be a good deal if he were ready to sell but he's got some personal things (divorce) to work out before he decides but it was a good conversation.

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

elks

VegasCharger

Obi Ben Dover

Man, I'm lovin' those polished slots!

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Oneofthesedays on August 15, 2018, 07:08:33 PM
Spoke to a guy regarding a 68 replica/clone out of TX. Looks good in the video. Runs well.  440. Said he's thinking $37,500. Non R/T replicas/clone seem to not hold the value as much. I guess someone could do enough to a clone R/T to raise the price, which is what we see on these ebay ad's, non R/T asking 35-40K+ and sitting. Would be a good deal if he were ready to sell but he's got some personal things (divorce) to work out before he decides but it was a good conversation.

Imo cloning does not add any value over the base charger unless it has a hemi in it. Then there would be some return on investment. Otherwise its money lost in the "game" like adding rims headers carb ect ect. Pennies on the dollar return for aftermarket add ons.

Oneofthesedays

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on August 27, 2018, 09:56:50 AM
Quote from: Oneofthesedays on August 15, 2018, 07:08:33 PM

Imo cloning does not add any value over the base charger unless it has a hemi in it. Then there would be some return on investment. Otherwise its money lost in the "game" like adding rims headers carb ect ect. Pennies on the dollar return for aftermarket add ons.

Yes I'm finding that out although most seem to think it's worth a million bucks which is the hard part. Knowing what a fair price is for these cars. It all seems to come back to what one wants to pay rather than going rate. I thought this price seemed fair but then is have seen some less and so upwards of 45k.

tan top

Quote from: VegasCharger on August 26, 2018, 10:07:09 PM
Quote from: qwick68 on August 26, 2018, 06:46:56 AM
Rims look good tho  :yesnod:

:iagree:

Are those available aftermarket? 15" ?

mmmm slots  :drool5: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:   look like   indy slots  , they were  re realeased repoped  :scratchchin: , started producing them again , few years back  :P 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

alfaitalia

Not that delusional I guess.....for the UK at least....but thought it might interest a UK buyer.....and I could not think where else to post it!! Pity about the non age related number plate as it was somehow registered at new when imported in 1978...would not happen nowadays. (should end in F for a 1968 car) and its not legal to have black and chrome plate on a car registered later than 1 Jan 75 on an N reg (should be black letters on yellow on the back and white on the front on that car....if it had been properly registered on a G then you could use black and chromes but it would take a miserable cop to care!!! LOL!).....but other than that it looks like a lot of fun. Just so you know that's about $110,400 at todays (02.Sept.18) exchange rate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dodge-Charger/163030351274?hash=item25f55dbdaa:g:k8UAAOSw7~Va6u~U

Go Tan Top!!!

jefferson

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 02, 2018, 09:27:49 AM
Not that delusional I guess.....for the UK at least....but thought it might interest a UK buyer.....and I could not think where else to post it!! Pity about the non age related number plate as it was somehow registered at new when imported in 1978...would not happen nowadays. (should end in G for a 1969 car) and its not legal to have black and chrome plate on a car registered later than 1 Jan 75 on an N reg (should be black letters on yellow on the back and white on the front on that car....if it had been properly registered on a G then you could use black and chromes but it would take a miserable cop to care!!! LOL!).....but other than that it looks like a lot of fun. Just so you know that's about $110,400 at todays (02.Sept.18) exchange rate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dodge-Charger/163030351274?hash=item25f55dbdaa:g:k8UAAOSw7~Va6u~U

Go Tan Top!!!

lol that messed me with my head for a good minute there. 69 with 68 taillights, or 68 with 69 grill  :shruggy:

Super odd but pretty kool hahaha.

alfaitalia

VegasCharger

figgy308

Without wanting to divert this track too much, why is there such a discrepancy between an R/T and a base. I know that there is a bit of a difference in performance from say a base 318 to a 440, but a 383/4 isn't too far behind. Yet the base versions all seem to be treated the same in terms of desirability.

Kern Dog

Good point, Figgy....Maybe there is a sense that many people intend to buy the car as an investment as opposed to those that want to race or just drive the car. Also, I am not all that impressed with numbers matching stuff. I have never owned a true "Pedigree" car even though I have owned 66 cars and trucks since I bought that 69 Dart in 1982. The closest thing to Performance models that I have owned have been a 73 Dart Sport 340, a 74 Duster 360 and 2 original 440 trucks.

375instroke

Quote from: figgy308 on September 03, 2018, 08:16:46 PM
Without wanting to divert this track too much, why is there such a discrepancy between an R/T and a base. I know that there is a bit of a difference in performance from say a base 318 to a 440, but a 383/4 isn't too far behind. Yet the base versions all seem to be treated the same in terms of desirability.

R/T has many unique items, and a premium price when new, as it should.  If you had one, would you sell it as low as someone else with just a 383, without the badging, suspension, transmission, exhaust, engine, and everything else, including just it's rarity?

Kern Dog

I think that you are overstating it though. I wonder why a genuine R/T should command almost 35% more than a 383 car, almost double of a 318 model as well.

375instroke

Perhaps you can come up with a better reason.  It's a muscle car.  That's the point.  Who wants a 318 muscle car?  Who wants a mid sized engine muscle car?  Roadrunner was a cheap performance oriented muscle car with a 383 base engine, but that engine was different than a 383 Charger engine.  Even so, Roadrunners sell for less than Chargers, unless they come with a Hemi.  Does this sound reasonable?  I know I'm not paying top dollar for a 318 Charger, and I'm not selling a Charger R/T for what 383 Chargers sell for.  Just look at it as supply and demand.  If you don't care, then you're lucky.  Save a lot of money and buy a 318 Charger.

Oneofthesedays

But a clone seems to get a bad rap also, or just maybe not valued as high. Even if you take a non r/t and Chang the motor, tranny, suspension, badges - still doesn't seem to get near the same value

JB400

It's the prestige of saying that you own an R/T.