News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

is this a members car? looks familiar.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

alfaitalia

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 11, 2018, 02:35:54 PM
Quote from: timmycharger on September 11, 2018, 02:18:50 PM
Probably stating the obvious but it looks like someone put a 70 Dash in there with the 70 vin tag as that doesn't look like a 68 VIN.

Looks like an E body console or for a third Gen B Body..

You are correct. From the ad...

"Sorry for not including this in the original post but the numbers on the radiator mount do match the VIN, I will try to update a photo of this soon when there is light to go outside and snag a photo."

And he want's 46 large for it! Who wants to step up to message this guy to tell him that he's got a 68 car with a 70 dash with VIN numbers that don't belong on the car.....and that now all he's got is a parts car?   :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol:

Done...well I was bored and it's late here!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

alfaitalia

Well that was fast...got a reply from the seller. He says "I was just going by what the title says". Hmmm.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

VegasCharger

Quote from: timmycharger on September 11, 2018, 03:15:05 PM
Safety first!

And the professionalism of the seal job on the custom bulkhead (red arrow). :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

70 sublime

XP29N0G248859

The VIN in the ad is proper for a 70 Charger
It has all 70 interior ( except front seats) dash and key in the steering column

Maybe just new quarters and had a 68 front end laying around and that is what got used so put 68 markers on the rear quarters too

Has 69 tail lights with the chrome on the lenses on the back of the car from the new picture added
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

The XP model for 1970 would have had the aluminum trim panel on the taillight panel.

70 sublime

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 11, 2018, 09:49:45 PM
The XP model for 1970 would have had the aluminum trim panel on the taillight panel.

The 70 aluminum trim panel will not fit over the tail lights if the have the chrome trim on them ( I have tried and did not work )
Also you have to drill all those holes to mount the trim panel which is not fun either

Still looks like just using parts they had to fill the needed space
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Y1CHARGER

Door handles are quite interesting also....

VegasCharger

Quote from: Y1CHARGER on September 12, 2018, 10:41:44 AM
Door handles are quite interesting also....

3rd gen Charger (and other 71-74 B Bodies)  door handles.

Stevearino

With prices today I am not sure whether this is off base anymore. Two Chargers $5500 for each.
https://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/d/2-dodge-chargers/6693206611.html

Kern Dog

Kick that guy in the dick for posting vertical format pictures. I just hate when people do that.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 01, 2018, 01:20:36 AM
Kick that guy in the dick for posting vertical format pictures. I just hate when people do that.

:iagree: :iagree:

Yep your typical idiotic, vertical, lazy cell phone pics on your typical stoooooopid Craigslist ad.

Dano 1

This one is...special...$5k for what exactly?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger/173561900736?hash=item2869186ec0

While I'm glad these guys jumped what looks to be a pretty worthless car if I were the stunt man I'm not sure I would have strapped into that thing  :o

1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

JB400

Looks like someone's trying to cash in on their junk.  Not much, if anything left

comet_666

Quote from: Dano 1 on October 03, 2018, 07:58:49 AM
This one is...special...$5k for what exactly?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger/173561900736?hash=item2869186ec0

While I'm glad these guys jumped what looks to be a pretty worthless car if I were the stunt man I'm not sure I would have strapped into that thing  :o

Tail panel looks good.    :smilielol:

ACUDANUT

60Buick

It's at $12,900.00 now with 41 bids and still has time to go. I am curious what happens to it. Is it even savagable after the hit it took? 
1968 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1960 Plymouth Belvedere
1953 Dodge M43 Army Ambulance
1965 Dodge M43 Marine Corp Ambulance
1975 Plymouth Gran Fury Police car clone
1962 Plymouth Valiant Taxi cab
1974 AMC Gremlin XR-401 clone
1974 AMC Hurst Rescue Gremlin clone
1974 AMC Gremlin X
1975 AMC Pacer D/L

Mike DC

People mostly buy jumped GLs for souvenirs rather than resto projects.

If you think it's possible to 'restore' an old axe by replacing both the handle and the blade, then yeah, that GL body is salvageable.  

It was a total mess before it hit the ramp.  (Look at that broken framerail in the trunk.)  Jump cars like this are basically held together by the rollcage. 

5hunert

This is hilarious :smilielol:.  Whenever this car's jump was posted on social media, there were lines of comments from folks insulted that such a rare car was being destroyed.  Those who knew the car justified it as the car was basically a rusted out, VIN-less shell that financially unfeasible to restore BEFORE the jump.  Now that its been crashed, its bid over $12K with 21 minutes to go.

Mike DC

But Dynacorn knows there was never a market for repro 68-70 Charger shells.  Gotta make those rare Mustangs and Novas.

Kern Dog

That is a curious statement.
How many Camaro and Mustang bodies have been sold? Is it possible that if a Charger body were offered and sold, the sky high demand would drop off due to increased supply?

JB400

I doubt it.  The average person probably couldn't afford a brand new body

Kern Dog

I have yet to hear of anyone that bought one of their Challenger bodies.