News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Quote from: chargerperson on July 23, 2020, 09:53:21 PM
Looks like someone spent a large sum of money to make a restomod, drove it 738 miles and is hoping to sell to break even which never works (in fact, $190k for this would be hard to achieve unless the body was really swiss chees like)

Or just Greed,

RiverRaider

The 8 track looks out of place with the tilt column, aftermarket gauges and ac controls. 
I would be interesting to see the hose routing on the behind passenger side front wheel.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

chargerperson

Quote from: VegasCharger on July 26, 2020, 05:56:08 PM
:popcrn:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger/114298956444?hash=item1a9cbfaa9c:g:FjUAAOSwmZde4CzE

Quite the ebay listing.  Car is claimed to be 99% original - except the paint, wheels, shifter, plus.....  In one spot it is a manual transition, but an automatic elsewhere.  No VIN but RS badging on the car.  Wonder if the RS badging is included in the 99% original or the 1% non-original.

Car seems to be 2.5-3 times the market value.

RiverRaider

Generals are a limited market.  But it should have completed it if that was the direction.  A trans shield, steering collar, better gauge faces, working A/C and then push bar, graphics, CB and advertise it as maybe
the last chance to get a General Lee before it is illegal!  A less informed buyer may miss the other issues just to get a General Lee before its too late.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: RiverRaider on July 27, 2020, 09:20:22 AM
Generals are a limited market.  But it should have completed it if that was the direction.  A trans shield, steering collar, better gauge faces, working A/C and then push bar, graphics, CB and advertise it as maybe
the last chance to get a General Lee before it is illegal!  A less informed buyer may miss the other issues just to get a General Lee before its too late.

Yeah WRONG.  Freedom of speech and religion will never go away in the USA.

70 sublime

I think the time of the orange General has come and gone
Most owners feel they are worth just a bit more than other Chargers because of the paint

There are a couple orange Chargers around my part of the world that do not seem to be selling at the " I am better than you because I am a General price "

I am almost thinking the orange General will be selling at less than premium prices soon
With the grief that may or may not come with owning such a car why not just avoid it all and buy one that is a different colour ??

My  :Twocents:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

RiverRaider

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 27, 2020, 12:59:04 PM
Quote from: RiverRaider on July 27, 2020, 09:20:22 AM
Generals are a limited market.  But it should have completed it if that was the direction.  A trans shield, steering collar, better gauge faces, working A/C and then push bar, graphics, CB and advertise it as maybe
the last chance to get a General Lee before it is illegal!  A less informed buyer may miss the other issues just to get a General Lee before its too late.

Yeah WRONG.  Freedom of speech and religion will never go away in the USA.
It wasn't political,  I wrote "the last chance..." part as a way to produce a possible quick sale.  A way to get people thinking they need something that might not be available soon just like toilet paper a few months ago.

But since you brought it up.  I don't know what state your from but sadly I believe you are wrong about freedom of speech and religion. Until recently we were not allowed to go to church but you could play golf.  You can wear Antifa masks or shirts at Walmart but not Nazi masks even though both represent bad ideas.  A year ago I would not have believed the freedoms that have been lost this year could happen so easily.

RiverRaider

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 27, 2020, 02:30:18 PM
I think the time of the orange General has come and gone
Most owners feel they are worth just a bit more than other Chargers because of the paint

There are a couple orange Chargers around my part of the world that do not seem to be selling at the " I am better than you because I am a General price "

I am almost thinking the orange General will be selling at less than premium prices soon
With the grief that may or may not come with owning such a car why not just avoid it all and buy one that is a different colour ??

My  :Twocents:
I think your probably right about the Generals day has come and gone.  But I still see overpriced Generals selling higher than 69's of the same quality.
Given what I listed as quick improvements especially working A/C with those changes I would not be surprised to see the car we are discussing sell within 7 to 10k of
the current asking price.  I have seen two really bad rusty Generals sell above 40 and 50k in the last two years.

Mike DC

QuoteYou can wear Antifa masks or shirts at Walmart but not Nazi masks even though both represent bad ideas.

Let's not start pretending those two groups are comparable.  Please.  

Some of us have family members who fought the Nazis.  

charger500440

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 27, 2020, 06:41:45 PM

QuoteYou can wear Antifa masks or shirts at Walmart but not Nazi masks even though both represent bad ideas.

Amen, brother...
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

RiverRaider

Some of us have family members who fought the Nazis.  As I also did, all of who have past on now.

You choose to pick only one part of what I wrote to incorrectly make it a point about comparing Antifa to the Nazis.  Which is out of the context of what I have written and misses the point about free speech.  I had assumed all had seen on the internet recently about Walmart and the couple wearing Nazi masks and then following posts with people wearing the Antifa masks and shirts at Walmart's.  If there was true free speech both would have to be given equal tolerance was the point.  Free speech is not picking and choosing who gets it and who does not.  Also no need to post pictures of Nazi war atrocities on a car site as a military collector I know any photo you find on the internet to post here is tame compared to a lot of what happened during WW2. 

Mike DC

QuoteYou choose to pick only one part of what I wrote to incorrectly make it a point about comparing Antifa to the Nazis.  Which is out of the context of what I have written and misses the point about free speech.  I had assumed all had seen on the internet recently about Walmart and the couple wearing Nazi masks and then following posts with people wearing the Antifa masks and shirts at Walmart's.  If there was true free speech both would have to be given equal tolerance was the point.  Free speech is not picking and choosing who gets it and who does not.  Also no need to post pictures of Nazi war atrocities on a car site as a military collector I know any photo you find on the internet to post here is tame compared to a lot of what happened during WW2.  

I like free speech too.  But this one is not a free speech issue.  Walmart is a private corporation.  Their store = their rules.  It's not surprising that their PR department would rate Antifa as less offensive than Nazis.  

I'm sorry if I came off as abusive.  I've heard a lot of wild comparisons being made about Antifa lately (in real life and in the media in general) and maybe I boiled over at the wrong person.    

JB400

Back to people selling Chargers for crazy money.....

bigdsul

Both antifa and the NAZI party started out with the exact same tactics. Minor group of people with a crazy radical idea and a scapegoat to split a nation in 2. What's happening today with antifa and what the NAZI party did in the 1920s and early 30s is no different. Violent protests, riots, destroying history, etc. I had relatives that were exterminated by the Einsatzgruppen due in part by the same ideology that is fueling the BLM and antifa. We will see how things go after the November elections if you should be worried about things getting better or worse.

Mike DC

I'm not gonna touch this one any further. 

bigdsul

Lets get this thread back on track shall we.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/532184156850066?view=permalink&id=3160108824057573

80k for a 1969 GL replica and more than likely a fake add to boot.

Kern Dog

That guy's spelling and grammar is as bad as many guys that post in these forums! Car signed by roscoe and bow ??? You mean "Rosco and Bo" ??

indetrucks

In the real world and lets say they still had the original 4 spd trans out back, what is a realistic asking price for this 69 RT?
https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/LVS/299/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T

I want something equally as nice, but need to know what a real value is.  Unless... $116k is realistic?

alfaitalia

Im not too up on USA Charger prices (they are extortionate here!)......but just based on the cars ive seen on this forum and US classic car sites you should be able to by a car like that for rather less....perhaps 75k or maybe less. I wonder how Gateway keep going with there outrageous pricing policy.....but they must sell them as they have been there a while.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

bigdsul

Quote from: indetrucks on August 23, 2020, 05:51:41 PM
In the real world and lets say they still had the original 4 spd trans out back, what is a realistic asking price for this 69 RT?
https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/LVS/299/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T

I want something equally as nice, but need to know what a real value is.  Unless... $116k is realistic?

That is what they are asking for. It's crazy high for an RT even with a newer transmission.

A lot of issues can be hidden under all that nice and shiny paint. I'd be wsnting to see the before during and after restoration pics of that car to fork over that kind of cash. I'd say the car being an RT would be priced about 35k to 45k too high but thats just me.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 25, 2020, 04:31:23 AM
Im not too up on USA Charger prices (they are extortionate here!)......but just based on the cars ive seen on this forum and US classic car sites you should be able to by a car like that for rather less....perhaps 75k or maybe less. I wonder how Gateway keep going with there outrageous pricing policy.....but they must sell them as they have been there a while.

I have not seen many chargers sell on E-bay for that kind of money. :Twocents:

Mike DC

Classic car dealers like Gateway always jack up the prices by at least 20% over Ebay/Craig prices, if not more.  It's safe to assume it by default.  Their customers are paying more for an easier buying experience.  

Many of their buyers are overseas.  Some are local but just too rich to deal with PITA sellers.  Buying from a classic car dealership means they can trust that the car exists.  It's legally for sale and they will legally get it.  It's probably not TOO MUCH worse than it was described & photographed.  This stuff is valuable to people who have more money than time.  They don't want to spend months looking and making wasted trips.