News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969-1970 440ci Nascar engines???

Started by 500Jon, November 12, 2014, 02:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiMopar

Hey John, I used to own these heads, intake and carb before you... I showed detailed pictures of them to Larry Shepard at the 84 Nats, and he flat refused to speak to me about them, despite knowing of their existence...

Ghoste

Why would he refuse to even talk about them?

TiMopar

Quote from: Ghoste on November 18, 2014, 07:33:55 PM
Why would he refuse to even talk about them?

I have no idea; he was quite rude I thought. For the record, I bought them from a drag racer who had lots of old race Hemi stuff ( Keith Black blocks, superchargers etc ) and about 3 or 4 street Hemi engines. This was about 79-80. The W2 heads had no valves, so I had them made. Unfortunately, I also had the intake polished, and it came back with the 'STR-14' cast-on name removed. My bad, but that's the sort of thing some of us did in those days....

500Jon

Hi Tim,

How goes it you fine fellow? :icon_smile_big:
Must come over to sunny Essex sometime soon for a brew.
Of course I remember where I got the Weslake from, you LoL!!! :pity:
You are still the Main Mopar Man in the UK in my Book!!!

I have spoken to Tony O, several times about my C500 and a 426 Hemi I was gonna put in her.
That's why we fell out, he was very upset with me over it??? :rotz:

Fancy polishing the STR lid, you are a bad boy indeed. :slap:
I kept 'THE WESKALE 440' through thick and thin for over 30 years now!!!
I flew back to LA in 2005 with every intention of selling it to Dick Landy.
I was in Reseda with some friends 'Tom Nelson' and Peter J. and I got cold feet.
Not sure why, but I had already spoke to Robert Landy and he was rude TOO!
So I thought, I will keep the Weslake in Limey land and stick it in my C500 where it belongs!!!  :vert:

Hope you are well and still flying the Mopar Flag! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
5J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

69_500

Jon, I did not know you were friends with Tom Nelson. Hoping it is the same guy I spent a lot of time with before he passed. Ran TEAM racing and restorations in California?

TiMopar

Hey John, yes, still up to my ears in Mopars; you are welcome over anytime. Am I right in remembering that there was a cam with that stuff too? About the intake; 'different times'... I would be most interested to see those heads working!

thehemikid

I sold a STR-14-6 with carbs, lines, & linkage about 8 yrs ago, to help pay for a restoration.

Not exactly the same as your -14-45,.... but close. :Twocents:

For some reason I took no pix of it. :slap:

So I guess it didn't happen!  :icon_smile_blackeye: :lol:

500Jon

Hi Tim,

Good to hear from you you fine Fellow!
Yep still got the original 'RACER BROWN' cam and lifters.
Bit too wild for the street so I'm going to go 'CROWER' street roller cam.
This ties in well with the Crower-Cam, Don Garlits 500 too!!! :2thumbs:
Always like the street rollers, they make real good torque and HP with a low lift.

Like yourself there is a definite hostility to the ownership of the Weslake 440 Engine.
There must be some unknown history surrounding its past???

Once I have run it in my DG-500 I will donate it too the DG Museum.
If Marlene and Don find some money I may donate the C500 too.

Who know's what tomorrow brings? :shruggy:
500Jon
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!