News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Painless wiring harness?

Started by frank1966, November 18, 2014, 07:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

Has anyone installed the painless wiring complete harness with 21 circuits? Is it painless or painful! I like the set up, one power wire into a fuse box and no bulkhead connectors.

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mopar0166

Just got my painless kit very impressed, they set you up nicely.

cant wait to get rid of the old beat up wiring for something more stream line.  directions ar exactly what you need and give you lots of examples of how to wire the car.  that along with stock wire diagram, it wont be hard at all. 

I guess if you have never touched a wire before it could be overwhelming but so far so good for me. Ill do a full write up once im complete, because this kit gets tom nay negative comments.

for the guy not 100% stock, it doesn't get easier or better then this.

Rolling_Thunder

http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?555-Wiring-Thread-Advice-and-Info

Been there -  some advice and information in the link above I wrote over on PT Mopar
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mopar0166

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 22, 2016, 06:25:15 PM

Been there -  some advice and information in the link above I wrote over on PT Mopar

That was a nice write up, I hope my post installation post can continue the great advice you started.

plasticman-32

Quote from: mopar0166 on February 23, 2016, 10:05:25 AM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 22, 2016, 06:25:15 PM

That was a nice write up, I hope my post installation post can continue the great advice you started.

why is rolling thunder the go to guy when it comes to wiring... love it  :cheers:

MoparRocks

I did the Ron Francis kit. My extensive thread is just a few down from here. Do yourself a favor and spend a bit of time online finding every factory schematic you can for your year. I found there are a few different ones out there for mine and they don't all have the same info for some reason. Some don't make mention of wire colors for example. Past that, get yourself a good stripper and a good crimping tool. Also invest in some good quality heat shrink crimp connectors. I found a nice assortment on Amazon. I also ordered some weather pack plugs of various sizes. I will say on mine I used all 100 red butt connectors I ordered, plus more that came in the assortment and some I had from a previous project. So order a lot of those. Past that, take your time. I found it easiest to install the fuse block and divide the car up from there. I ran all the wires to each end of the car first. Then I started at the headlights and worked my way back making connections as I went.
1971 Charger Richard Petty tribute
Mopar 340 three on the tree

mopar0166

for the money, you cant beat the mopar 21 circuit painless harness.  I don't have a stock charger any more and this allowed to me to run what ever I wanted.  I also got to tie in the A01 light package and console and dome light etc.  I redid my bulk head connector to give a stock appearance and upgraded all my bulbs to led.  I was extremely happy with the product and the ease of use.   if you know your charger and how its currently wired then planning for this is easy. 

I would do it again any time and love how everything just works with out having to deal with old patched corrode wiring. 

:cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: