News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Tail Light Bezels...

Started by csx4590, November 18, 2014, 04:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx4590

Looks like I'll have to get a set of new tail light bezels as mine are pretty far gone. Has anyone seen or used the bezels that Gunslinger or B/E&A ares selling? B/E&A bezels are $400 and Gunslinger bezels are $160 so obviously something is different between the two. Any help would be appreciated...

Al

bill440rt

I installed the BEA ones on my '69, after the chrome plater got done destroying my originals.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
They are not bad at all. Pot metal, just like the originals. Some minor imperfections, chrome is on par with what an original part would look like. Overall very nice. They came with some retainers (push nuts) to install them over the pins, I used clear silicone instead which has become a common method to install them.

I'm not familiar with the Gunslinger trim, I do see online there is quite a price difference as well. Your best bet is to call Gunslinger and ask about them, perhaps it's an incorrect price online, or maybe they are made of plastic??  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

twodko

I'm echoing what Bill said and would add
that you truly get what you pay for.
I did precisely what he did in 2010 from
B/EA as well. Very good fit and finish.
Damned spendy but they are nice.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

I think Troy knows the Gunslingers crew so he might have some input.

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on November 19, 2014, 06:25:44 AM
I think Troy knows the Gunslingers crew so he might have some input.
I do but I don't own any 69s so I've never really asked about those parts.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

fy469rtse

So Troy,  ::) could you ask , only because you know them

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: fy469rtse on November 26, 2014, 12:28:50 AM
So Troy,  ::) could you ask , only because you know them

Gunslinger Automotive Products, Inc.

11518 Highway 10 North • Foster Ky. 41043 •

775-750-0988 •

gunslinger727@earthlink.net

:shruggy:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

I can't ask exactly - although I will try. The business was sold to someone else but the original owner was the one to design and produce those.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lord Warlock

Interested as well,  would like to know if the cheaper ones are decent or not.  400 for two pieces of chrome is steep for me, considering I only paid 800 for the whole car in 78.  I'll be needing these two and the outer chrome pieces on the rear panel, to finish up the car.  Expect to buy them when I go back to work again after my recovery is over.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

gtx6970

Quote from: Troy on November 26, 2014, 11:38:23 AM
The business was sold to someone else but the original owner was the one to design and produce those.

Care to elaborate ?

I talked to Jason at the Nats and nothing was mentioned about this so this is the first I've heard of it