News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much is a Superbird Nose

Started by DodgeChargerNeeded, March 29, 2006, 10:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DodgeChargerNeeded

I have a friend trying to make a deal on a nice original Superbird but the nose is missing. Apparently it was in a deer accident and the nose was removed and I guess its gone so if he buys the car he will be either trying to find a use nose or get a new one. Any idea how much he will have to spend for a nice one.
Jeff

BigBlockSam

i have to agree with dads_69 . thats the nose i would get if i was restoring an original car. i believe that it cost $7000 empty, without light assemblies. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Aero426

Sounds right.     There is a documented sale of an NOS nose shell recently in the $10,000 range.

hotrod98

Or..he could buy BK's 500 and use the original steel nose assy off of it and convert the car back to a 500.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemigeno

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 29, 2006, 01:30:00 PM
Or..he could buy BK's 500 and use the original steel nose assy off of it and convert the car back to a 500.  ;D

Probably wouldn't work since Daytona nosecone's wouldn't work with a 'Bird...

Apart from that, good idea!

hotrod98

I still can't get used to people talking about Superbirds on this forum. People keep confusing me all of the time.  :icon_smile_big:

In that case, wingcarfab would be the best choice.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i wonder what he would sell that car for without the wing and nose?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Probably not, but if a guy had the cash I think it would be a heck of an investment in the long term. Last I heard, he was going to put it on ebay and set the reserve at 85 or 86k.
Sandra and I talked about buying it and started to drive over to look at it a few months ago, but after thinking it over, we decided that we would rather have the two clones.  We have a blast driving both of the cudas to shows together now and I think driving two wing cars would be even more fun. Talk about the wow factor when you pull into some of these small town car shows.

Charles Addams