News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trying to help a mopar friend

Started by nvrbdn, November 25, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

Glad you guys had a good time!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

Went by Steve's today after work to check the brakes out. They had a smell to them that one may be dragging. Pulled the back wheels and found that both of the adjusters had over adjusted. Drivers side was worse than the passenger side. Re-adjusted them and checked the brakes out, and they seem to be good now. We are getting the car ready for the MDA car show in Bethalto Illinois at the air port. That is as long as the temperatures stay south of the 100 mark. We haven't had the old Plymouth out for a good long drive with that kind of heat.  Also found a new set of mirrors, so the black ones will be leaving.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

67tbird

Did you guys make it to the MDA show Saturday? I planned on going but ended up working 36 hrs instead.

nvrbdn

No we didn't Dave. I texted Steve Friday, and he said it was too hot to try to take the car out for its first longer drive.  I was still up in the air about going, but after working on the boat and melting, and Jerry with the Barracuda and Jeff with the Monte backed out, I just worked around the house getting ready for my brothers visit next week. Went past the show about 2:30 and seen they had a nice turn out, but didn't stop.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Talked to Steve on the phone today. He is wanting to make the drive in show in this picture. I am going for sure. The problem is we haven't got the wiring figured out for the alternator yet. Maybe find an electrical guru locally, or jump to a single wire alternator. Any way, one way or the other we really want to get this car to make the show and movie. Popcorn, hotdogs and a drive in movie. I can't wait. anyone with suggestions, throw them at me.  And if you can make the drive in, we should fill that place with Mopars.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Well, good things still happening here. Dave (67tbird) donated a single wire alternator that he had. We met at Rural King for me to grab it. Always like a reason to go to that store. :2thumbs: A big thanks to Dave as I took the alternator and mirrors over to Steve's after work today. He was very excited to get the stuff. We are planning a work day next Monday since Dave is off and I am on afternoons. We will hook up the alternator, install the door mirrors, clean up under the hood and test it out. Steve will be getting the 8 gauge wire for the feed and a new battery.

Also on some exciting news that Steve has shared, they are finding promising results with testing.  http://scr.zacks.com/News/Press-Releases/Press-Release-Details/2016/BCLI-Phase-2-ALS-Trial-Shows-Clinical-Benefit-From-NurOwn-Treatment/default.aspx
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

67tbird

Great news Steve! just had to meet at Rural King, bought a Ruger SR-22 they had marked down, ALL YOUR FAULT!! :smilielol:now I am trolling Walmarts for 22 longs.

nvrbdn

Ha Ha that is funny. I ran back to get some engine oil and popcorn, then went to the gun section, and you were gone. and you bought a gun. cool. I got a place in Alton that always has 22's in stock. I will check them. Is Sunday better for you for Steve's? They told me I have to go to work at noon Monday which would cut the day down pretty bad. I thought you said Sunday was good, so if that works I will check with Steve.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

67tbird

Pick your poison(having to deal with me)! I am off from 6 am Saturday to 10 pm Tuesday. Text me Steve's address with what day is best for you.

67tbird

Jim, was talking to a mechanic here at work and he has dealt with Larry's electric out of Ruma, IL for a modern engine and motor in old Ford trk. He just gave him the specs on the conversion and made him a harness for 200.00. looking at their website they take drop ins. http://larryselectricsite.com/  :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

I will be going over Friday to run thru the system. we already found the short and fixed that, Just got to track down the running light glitch, then with the single wire alternator I think we should be good to go. I still have Sunday in the hole in case I need it to get the car ready for the drive-in. If it doesn't work, then we can look that way. Thanks for checking in on that. It will come in handy in the future. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

67tbird

Any problems getting that alternator installed?

nvrbdn

Got all the wiring glitches ironed out. No shorts any more. Dash lights work. gauges work. Headlights and running lights all good. Wired the alternator up, and got it ready, but 1 bolt was short holding the alternator. Steve was picking that bolt up today. Looking really good. Will finish the alternator Monday after work. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tsmithae

Very nice work!  I'm sad I had to move to WI before I could help.  :2thumbs:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

41husk

I got my ticket for the drive inn yesterday.  but it looks like rain Thursday night :brickwall:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

Great Allen, I think the rain will be early day. We should be good for the evening. What car you driving?    We got Steve's wiring all done, and the alternator finished today. Steve put a meter on it and its charging great.  We are ready for the drive-in. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Here is a shot with the new mirrors on the car. :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nvrbdn

well, things went down hill for the drive-in cruise.  Steve was having his brother in law with him and we decided to meet at the drive-in. The charger didn't do too bad for a long freeway cruise an hour south. Steve called and said they made it all the way to the Belleville turn off and overheated stalling them at a truck stop. He had to call a tow truck to get him home. Found a gash in the bottom of the radiator. Then when I left, I lost my running lights. Had to cruise all the way home with the flashers on. Then when I get home I shut the car off to open the garage and the battery is dead. What a night.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Not to mention the Duster.  are that we had to move the Nissan because it wasn't a show car :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:  we left way early about 9pm.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

yep, I went walking, came back and you were gone. I had a good time though.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Hey Allen, Did you find out what the problem was with the duster?

My next focus is September 11th for the Hartford Dare car show. We need to get the radiator off and repaired on the 37. Then test it out to make sure it is ready. That's 2 weeks to get it ready.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Im having my CarBQ on the 10th.  I put a thread in the events section.  I hope both you and Steve can make it.  I think it is the fuel filter.  I went back Friday after school started it drove it in the garage and let it run a few minutes, no problem.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

67tbird

Did you guys make it to the show and carbq?

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904