News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trying to help a mopar friend

Started by nvrbdn, November 25, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

I called Steve, My grandson was having a birthday BBQ Saturday, so I couldn't go to Allens. Steve said he couldn't make the weekend due to prior commitments, so his radiator is still in need of repair. Plus I have a new fan clutch I will install so the fan doesn't damage the radiator again. I did make the Hartford show, and had a nice time making a few new friendships. I am on vacation next week, so we will be back to work on the car.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Well people, a lot has happened since my last post on this subject. We haven't been able to work on the Plymouth through the winter due to me having a few health issues and all. Then the cold came to town and I don't do well with frozen fingers. :shruggy: But, things are looking up. Have chatted with Steve on the phone a few times and hit one swap meet. We will be going to another swap meet in February as we search for a power steering mustang II front end. He currently has a manual steering Mustang II front end now. I have a new fan clutch to install on the car when we get to it. We are getting the bug and itching to get started on the next couple projects on the car. Hope to have some good news about progress in the coming weeks.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

good the hear from you.  I will get info to you and Steve as soon as I get a date for the HS show.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

Great Allen. And I am still working on your new tool also. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Thanks, The C500 is close to coming home :2thumbs:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

I know. I have been following your thread. I can't wait to see it in person. Your guy is doing great work.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

still have a bunch of work to do on the interior when I get it home!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

Tammy (Steve's wife) got a hold of me this week. She works at a retirement community locally and asked if it would be possible to get a few friends together to bring some cars out for a little car show at the community. I said I am sure we can do something. She said a group of the men sit around and talk about old cars for extended amounts of time and she would like to give them this experience. So Steve and I will be putting on our first ever car show. Don't have a date set yet, but it will be a Saturday probably around noon for a few hours after the weather warms. Nothing too long. Does anyone have a contact for dash plaques? It will most likely be a small show, so I won't need a lot of em, but would like to have them available for those of us who enjoy collecting them. I will meet with Tammy and get all of the details so we can get this on the roll. Any suggestions will be helpful.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

The car show is on. Here is the link to the face book post. https://www.facebook.com/events/1583895074969050/  Hope that works.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Kyles Trophies in Granite does are dash plaques.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

Great Allen, I will check them out. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Progress  :cheers: Went to Steve's today and took the old Plymouth apart to remove the radiator. After removing it, you could easily see where the flex fan had hit the bottom area where the weld is on the aluminum radiator. I had purchased this stuff called "Q BOND" from NAPA. This stuff is amazing. Any way, you file the area where the hole is, then pour the aluminum powder in it, then drip the glue over it. It is hard in 10 seconds. It repairs rubber, plastic, aluminum almost anything. After it was cured (seconds), I filed it smooth and reinstalled it. Now it wasn't an eventless day. We did head to town to get some antifreeze. Then after we installed the radiator and turn a few other bolts, we were looking at the flex fan and seen where the center steel frame had actually bent which has to be why the fan made contact with the radiator. I had taken a new clutch fan with me, but it was way too deep to fit in the room we had available. So back to town to see what we could find. We came up with a plastic flex fan, which is a much better option than the metal one. Got it all back together, and got the engine fired up. After a short warm up, she ran like a champ. We warmed it up to running temps and shut it off. No leaks. yeehaw!!!!!!! So the 37 Plymouth will be ready for the April 8th car show. :yesnod: I will need to get back to Steve's sometime in the next week or so to do a couple minor things that we want to clean up. Then after this show we need to look at getting the door popper cylinders mounted, and the door panels on.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

Thanks Allen for the heads up on the dash plaques. Got an order of 50 today plus 3 trophy's from Kyle's. Great guy. Also been hitting local businesses for goody bag fillers and donations, so I have 2 / 25.00 gift certificates, and 2 free oil changes so far. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Went to a big swap meet Sunday. Great day to be out. Steve found a stereo for the Plymouth, but other than that we didn't buy much. Still had a good time. Then we went back to his house to do a couple things on the car. It wouldn't start. Act like it wanted to fire, then nothing. I checked fuel, and it was there. Went to check electric and found that both nuts on the coil were loose. I snugged em down, and presto, she fired right up. Glad we decided to check things out yesterday rather than Saturday morning when the show is happening. We have this show, And Allen's show coming up, then I think we are going after body work and paint.  :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

CDN72SE

Just went through the thread, excellent work and friendship here. Very nice to see.
1972 Charger SE

nvrbdn

Thanks. It has been a fun ride. I will have pics from this weekend to share. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Well, we had a great time at the show. We had a small group of 24 cars, but some awesome vehicles came. Here is the address for the pictures. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1956741214583767&type=1 The show was Saturday Steve woke up in the middle of the night sick. His daughter Stephanie went and got his car and drove it to the show. I was so excited to see her there. Tammy (Steve's Wife) drove it home. I was surprised she did, but she said the car ran well and had no issues. Just awesome. So the next task at hand is working on the interior and door poppers. Hope I can get the pics up.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

:popcrn:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Ok guys, I have a bit of an update. Steve had gotten sick Saturday morning with severe headaches. It didn't clear up and Tammy took him to the emergency room Sunday morning. From there they transferred him to SLUH which is one of the best hospitals around. There they found that the pituitary gland was hemorrhaging, and there was a tumor putting pressure. After seeing several doctors, They decided to operate. Steve and Tammy agreed it was the thing to do. Steve was in ICU for a few days and made it to a room that could have visitors Friday. I got to see him for a little bit Friday afternoon. He is slowly recovering from all of this, And we are hopeful he makes a full recovery. He was very happy to hear that Gas Monkey lost the race. I am praying for Steve to recover from this and get back to cruising soon.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

get me the info for both you guys cars and I will enter them in the high school show.  You can pay me at the show.  Prayers for Jim
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

Went to visit Steve today. He is in physical therapy at Meridian Village where we had the car show. What a wonderful place, and awesome rooms. His room looks more like a home than anything else. He is recovering pretty well. Making good progress.  The nerves that were affecting his vision are making a comeback, but he is dealing with double vision right now. Tammy said he may be able to come home at the end of next week. We are signed up for the cars to be at the Granite City High School show in May. I told him we may need his daughter Stephanie to drive it for that one. We also have plans for a couple swap meets here soon, so we will see how he progresses. He seems to be in good spirits. Never angry over anything. Just happy to be able to see his grandkids another day. I admire him for always seeing the positive no matter how bad things get.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Prayers for him .  He is a good guy
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

Tammy just got a message to me. Steve has been put back in ICU. A ct scan just showed cerebral fluid leak. There are doctors planning the next move.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Ok, here is an update on Steve. The surgery went well. The doctors were pleased and did some extra packing. He was not required to have the spinal tap for the week as they thought. His progress has been good and there was thoughts that he would be out of icu today, and released tomorrow, but got sick a bit earlier, and so they are sitting on the change to a regular room for a bit to watch him. So far it is going well. I had to suffer Sunday and take the wife to the swap meet in Jerseyville since Steve is in care. Found a 73 charger hood in awesome shape for 150, and a nice 70 charger front valance for 150. Have the info of anyone is interested.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House