News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trying to help a mopar friend

Started by nvrbdn, November 25, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

all is good news. Steve was released to go home as long as there will be someone with him, and therapy will continue. He will probably be out of action for a while, but the news is great. Now I can set my sights back on the car and get started wrapping up the interior. Also have talked about a hand control for the brakes. So we will be looking into that. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for Steve. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

ok guys, I haven't given up on this yet. It has been a rough summer so far. After Steve has had a rough road to follow, his vision is getting better. Problem is that I went down hill. My right arm was going numb and felt like a drill going through my shoulder. after a couple doc visits and an mri they decided I had to have surgery on my neck. Yep, the old injury from the Air Force when I was 19 where I fell from a 105 jet while pulling the ejection seat finally bit me at 60. The meds quit working and I had 2 crushed vertebrae and 3 bulging discs. They did the dye in the spinal cord and all and I went to surgery June 16th. No car shows, No driving, No lifting, and all of this after I just went through bladder cancer surgery. I am still recovering and am supposed to have x-rays at the end of July to see if I am healing. Then therapy so I can get back on the cars. Its hard because I get cabin fever real bad. Then 2 days ago I started getting a severe pain in my right wrist shooting to my elbow. They think since the arm was numb for so long it could be the nerve waking up. Well friends, Steve is healing as we speak, and I am mending every day (since the wife won't let me do crap) so we should be back on track soon. The next goal is to be at the Belleville drive-in late August for the V-8 car show cruise and movie "American Graffiti". Can't wait. Stay tuned, we will be back.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Troy

You think one day guys will have a hobby of just patching up old, worn out humans? Sounds like more work than the cars! :D

Glad everyone and everything is making progress!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

tsmithae

Best of luck with everything!  Sorry to hear about the troubles and setbacks tho.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

nvrbdn

Thanks. I had a doc appointment today, So went by Steve's on the way. He looked great. He has been trying to work on putting a new tumbler in his steering column. We had a nice chat for a bit since that is all I can do right now, then off to the doc. Well no carpal tunnel. It is just a nerve. So waiting for time to heal.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Hey guys, Here is an update Tammy posted on face book.

So here is the most update information on our miracle man Steve: his vision is now back to 20/20, he has 80% use of the left eye if he looks forward he has single vision now, but still double looking to the left, Dr is very hopeful he will have full recovery. This Dr also told us how happy she is to see his amazing progress, as most people do not live through this. We went to Radiologist today, the tumor is shrinking, hooray, and we are where we want to be. We will go back in 4 months for another MRI, and will hopefully see even less of the tumor. Steve is improving so much, he is actually improved in areas that we did not know the tumor had effected. God is so good to us. And we are so blessed!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Ok guys, you will all get a kick out of this. Went to Steve's to make some plexiglass windows so we could go to the drive-in because it has been in the 50's at night. Chili drive home. Got back home to get the Charger ready for the trip. Drove to Granite to meet with Steve for the drive. Last year Steve broke down on the way to the drive=in. We hit the freeway cruising south to Belleville Illinois. Had a mustang join us on the way, but he passed us shortly after. Jumped off the freeway on Hwy 15. Then hit Hwy 13 where the Charger just died when I took my foot off the pedal. I coasted past Steve as he was stopping at a red light and yelled that I had died. Pulled into a car wash. Crank but no start. As I was starting to diagnose the problem I called Alan (41Husk) and we walked through checking fire at the coil and #1 plug plus fuel at the crack of the throttle. All were apparent. but no start. When I cranked the engine it seemed to be blowing fuel up from the carb. Like timing was off. Sent Steve on to the drive-in since we both shouldn't miss it. Called the kid to come get us since he has contacts with towing equipment, plus he is a decent mechanic. He was thinking stuck float or something. As I waited, I pulled #1 plug and checked compression. Blew my thumb out. tons of compression. messed with the carb a bit and got the engine to fire, but running rough. Jeff got there shortly after and as I started the car he was messing with the carb. Found the front bowl leaking. Took cars of that. Got it to run good enough to drive home while he followed us. While on the way home got a hold of Steve who said the mustang guy came up to him and said the charger was running so rich it was gassing him out. The carb was flooding the engine. Yep, time to rebuild the carb. Steve had a great time at the drive-in where they showed the movie American Graffiti. Almost 400 cars showed for the event.  https://www.facebook.com/V8SpeedShop/   Scroll down to the one of the "walk around" at the drive in.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Well, It has been a while and now there is a show this weekend we want to do. With my health issues, and Steve's, we haven't done much this year and we want to make this show. Wings and Wheels Fly in Car Show. Yep, it's a good show. I called Allen to make sure he knew so I could sit next to that beautiful car of his. Steve had been having a bit of trouble with the 37 cutting out and all so he picked up a newly rebuilt Holley 600 with a great warranty. He had said the gas looked orange. We discussed rust in the tank etc....... so I went down today and we put the new carb on. Cleaned his glass fuel filter. Then when we went to the filter at the tank, oh man, it was full of clog. When I swapped filters, the fuel was flowing clean and clear. Tightened every thing up and she fired right up. She is purring, and we are ready for the show at the air port in Bethalto. I will post pictures.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

I plan on going over to the garage tomorrow and get the car ready for Saturday.
:cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

What a beautiful day for a car show. We had a great time. It was really neat that Eric Hill brought his El Camino, Allen brought his 69 500, My Charger then Steve's 37 Plymouth. It was a big show with lots of really nice cars there. Having me, Allen and Eric there with Steve showing his car was really cool. Thanks again to Eric, Allen and Granite City High School for all the help and support.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

It was a great car day ! After the show I got the Challenger out, put the top down and went for a ride.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Are you guys going to Moparfest in Ofallon MO. 10/21 ?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

I was thinking of going to the swap meet. Dave was thinking of being in the swap meet. Haven't talked to Steve yet. Just got dad out of the hospital from his stroke, so all my plans have been on hold a bit. Are you doing show. or show and swap?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

67tbird

I just got news that the electrician will be starting on my house the next Monday so now I can't justify doing the full day swap(Sunday) will try to make the Moparfest. Dave

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

BDF

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 13, 2017, 06:17:23 PM
I was thinking of going to the swap meet. Dave was thinking of being in the swap meet. Haven't talked to Steve yet. Just got dad out of the hospital from his stroke, so all my plans have been on hold a bit. Are you doing show. or show and swap?
I hope your Dad makes a full recovery  :cheers:

nvrbdn

Thank you BDF. He is doing pretty well. He will have therapy for a while, but has made a good recovery so far. He just wants to be able to get back to fishing!!! :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BDF

I wish I were fishing...tight lines!  :cheers:

nvrbdn

Ok guys, it seems we all survived through Christmas and the new year. We both were back in the hospital again. Steve had the bad flu going around and I had prostate cancer surgery. I am recovering as we speak, and Steve is doing great. We were able to do a lunch just before Christmas and do a little shopping. It was a great day to get together with all going on in our lives. I had the surgery, and my Dr. says I am cancer free. Also since I have now retired (actual last day is Feb 28th, but will not return) we will finally have more time to finish this build once and for all. I guess this thread will show how plans can change and a time line is nothing more than a hope and a guess. It is fun to look back at the whole thing.  :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

chargermick

I'm really glad to hear the good news! Hope everything keeps going well for you and Steve.

nvrbdn

Thanks guys. We are gearing up for a fun year. It starts off with a benefit car show we are putting on. It will be our second year, so we hope it goes well. We will be spending the next few weeks lining up giveaways etc.. for the show and ordering trophies. The car show is in April, so if we get a little good weather before then we can try to make some changes to the cars. We have been in touch and are definitely optimistic about getting going.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

69rtse4spd

Glad to hear the good news on both of you. :cheers:.