News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trying to help a mopar friend

Started by nvrbdn, November 25, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

Well, it has been a bit since I have posted here. We have great news all the way around. Steve had his one year check up, and the tumor has had no movement. he has the green light. We are so excited about that. Second is I am cancer free, and that is awesome. And last bit of news is that the car show went off great. The weather scared off some people, but we grew this year and made 2000.00 for the assisted living people. It was a great day even though the rain came and we ended a bit early. Lots of great food and sweet vehicles. Our sponsors really stepped up and we gave away a lot of really nice things. Here is the link to the pictures of the car show. https://ayranphotos.myportfolio.com/meridian-village-car-show   We also made the trip to Osage Beach Missouri to attend the MAGIC DRAGON car show. It was an awesome show with some really nice Mopars, and one beautiful 70 Charger. Here is the link to a video I made of that one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qVwciGkW3Q&t=32s  And today I am headed down to Steve's house to mount the new seats in his car so we can attend Allen's (41 Husk) car show this Saturday. Have a great day everyone.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

69rtse4spd

nvrbdn

Another successful show at Granite City High School. Had a great time. Had to put a new block under Steve's  carb with new gaskets, and it ran smooth. The new seats were comfy. also. Beautiful weather helped also. Thanks Allen for another great show.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

One with both cars.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

And on the road to the show.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

nvrbdn

Well guys, we had an exciting night last night. I can't believe this has been this long. But I drove to Steve's and him and his brother Jim jumped in the 37 while I followed in the Charger. We hit the freeway and cruised to Belleville Illinois to the Skyview Drive-In. Happy to report that the 37 Plymouth ran awesome. Sounded awesome. There was a great cruise, car show, movie. What a great time. We have come a long way with this car. It is just fun to see Steve enjoying it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

nvrbdn

Well, I seen Kevin from V8 TV walking around the charger at the drive-in so I went on a search and found the video he was shooting. There are some nice Mopars at the show, and a nice little thing on my Charger at the 10.51 mark of the video. 

https://www.facebook.com/V8TVshow/videos/454563365043809/
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Ok guys, we are having a little issue about what to do about this. Steve has a mustang 2 front end under the Plymouth. But it is non power steering. We found a front end with the pump at a swap meet. The search has been on for a bracket that will mount the pump to the 318 block. We have searched several bracket sites to no avail. any suggestions? We are hoping to be power steering this spring if all goes well. If all else fails I guess I will just have to try adapting one.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

Is getting one custom fabricated out of the question?

nvrbdn

No, it isn't out of Question. I am just amazed that the front end we are using is the most popular swap in piece in all hotrods. I am sure it is being used in multiple Mopars. And some people we talked to at shows actually believed it was made and gave us suggestions on the people selling them. But when we contact them, they say they don't make one. I am thinking it shouldn't be too hard to make something up, but if one is out there, that would be the easiest.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Well, we are meeting up for lunch on Friday, so maybe start the moc up for the bracket.  :think: :chatting: :hack: :smash: :buff: :paintingpink:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

67tbird

Any luck with the bracket. Are you or Steve in harms way flood wise?

nvrbdn

Hey Dave, how are you doing?  Things are slow here!!! We had a car show that we both went to. Then we went to the Magic Dragon car show in Osage Beach Missouri. After that we did a swap meet at Gateway race track where the Plymouth club told him to just use the Mopar pump and bracket for the 318. So we are going that way. I got the new disc brakes on the Charger, but need some vacuum so I just bought the electric vacuum pump to take care of that need. The 37 is running great, we just ave to install the power steering front end and get a better brake pedal.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Challenger340

Quote from: nvrbdn on May 08, 2019, 12:35:53 PM
Hey Dave, how are you doing?  Things are slow here!!! We had a car show that we both went to. Then we went to the Magic Dragon car show in Osage Beach Missouri. After that we did a swap meet at Gateway race track where the Plymouth club told him to just use the Mopar pump and bracket for the 318. So we are going that way. I got the new disc brakes on the Charger, but need some vacuum so I just bought the electric vacuum pump to take care of that need. The 37 is running great, we just ave to install the power steering front end and get a better brake pedal.

Big Bore Master Cylinder won't get around the need for Vacuum ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

nvrbdn

Quote from: Challenger340 on May 09, 2019, 08:11:49 AM

I have this cam that just produces no vacuum at all. I love the sound of it, but was contemplating just pulling it out and picking something else. Well, I was looking at the gm master cylinder that runs off the power steering pump, but this electric pump should be the saving grace.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

67tbird

I am fine, just got a  little nervous with the flood, it's my first 500 year flood. I made it really early to the Gateway swap meet(I work at Jet Aviation just across the field). Trying to get Charger back on the road after adding adjustable upper control arms, QA1 lowers and Borgeson steering box.

white

What kind of vacuum pump did you use? I'm having the same issue.

nvrbdn

This is the one I purchased from Auto City Classics. It was pretty easy to follow all the wiring directions and line it all out. Took about an hour to do that work at the table, then about 2 hours to mount in the car. I actually mounted it on the drivers side between the grill and the radiator.   
                                                                                                                                                                                                         https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-volt-electric-vacuum-pump-brake-booster-vacuum-pump-12-volt-new/351048719483?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Quote from: Challenger340 on May 09, 2019, 08:11:49 AM

To better answer your question, With the new master cylinder, No, the brakes just sucked. If I removed the vacuum completely, there was nothing. With the vacuum hooked up I could get the car to stop, but needed a lot of space. Adjusted the rear brake pads out as far as I could so it needed no travel to apply the brakes and it helped. But it needs the vacuum to stop.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Here are pics of how I mounted the vacuum pump. The pump came with rubber mounts to take the vibration away.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Hello crew. This has been a slow year of working on the cars with the heat we had. Then the wife wanting new floors, paint the walls, taking out the fire place and installing a solar tube...…… ok, you all get the message. Plus putting on 2 car shows this year didn't help either. But now, we made it to 'Monster Muscle Car' for a great day. Weather was nice, and the Mopar drag racing was awesome. Swap meet didn't aid us either. But we met Joe Zolper at the show. He talked to us for quite a while, and said that what we need to do is use the Saginaw pump and get a fragola fitting that will go from the dodge pump to the ford steering system. He said that pressures will be fine. So that was a win. I did get a couple pics of his awesome car too. Sunday we went to breakfast, then took the 37 out for a cruise. We even pushed it a little just to see what she will do. We want to raise the back 1 inch and get new shocks all the way around. We are also going to put new wheel cylinders in the back while we are on the lift. I am putting the car on my lift next week so we can put it just over his head and he can do the work from his chair. We will then attack the interior door panels and rear seat. Then install a receiver hitch so he can carry his wheel chair to the shows easier. So hang in there people, we will get this car done!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

:cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House