News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero history

Started by taxspeaker, February 08, 2017, 09:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

500Jon

Gen2 Daytona Charger looks well coolio!

Gen2 Birdy looks kinda oddball, nose is too high for my liking.
Chunky trunk-lid spoiler would have been enough for me too. (EVO style)
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 500Jon on February 11, 2017, 09:08:34 AM
Gen2 Daytona Charger looks well coolio!

Gen2 Birdy looks kinda oddball, nose is too high for my liking.
Chunky trunk-lid spoiler would have been enough for me too. (EVO style)

"Gen 2" usually refers to the 68-70 B body period, 69-70 wingcars are the F series, and "3rd Gen" 1971  B bodies of the winged variety are G series designation

I assume your referencing the 71 Superbird nose? I chose the 12" minimum change nosecone for the project as it incorporated the 71 RR/GTX/Sat lower valance, grille, lights, etc, etc...I felt it would have been a possible compromise made by Chrysler management if the cars were produced for public consumption based on NASCAR's rules regarding available production units to qualify the car for track status

Mike  

rainbow4jd

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 10, 2017, 10:48:30 PM
One thing most don't notice is the complete lack of any fender scoops on the 1971 3/8 scale aero test models, no mention, no intention for their use at all, which I found strange

However when I was fabricating the 71 Tona and Bird I knew there was no intention of using fender scoops after reading the Gseries wind tunnel test posted from 1970, but I felt the cars needed them, in keeping with "tradition" of the 69 and 70 models appearance, and not having them would bring into focus either awkward looks or questions as to WHY they're not present, not one person has ever commented on the "fact" that the 71's have fender scoops where there should be none?

Mike

I have to confess - I love the 71 Body Style better than the one I have.   I know its one of those crazy things - but I keep waiting to hit the lottery and come beg you to take my money!     Your work is amazing.

bannedbird

Dayclona (Mike), what actuates the headlight doors on your G-series? Vacuum, electric, manual? Thanks.
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

A383Wing

Quote from: bannedbird on February 12, 2017, 11:33:08 PM
Dayclona (Mike), what actuates the headlight doors on your G-series? Vacuum, electric, manual? Thanks.

I am curious also, would like to see a video of them opening & closing  :2thumbs:

DAY CLONA

The Daytona uses the stock 1971 electric motor and single rod to connect the headlites together, the Black 71 Aero Superbee/Tona used 2 stock 71 electric motors mounted on each headlite bucket, the 71 Bird uses 84-87 Pontiac Fiero motor on each headlite assy, sorry no pics of the smaller assys/fabrications, these cars were built 12-14 years ago

Mike

taxspeaker

Thanks and interesting stuff with great pictures, but back to my original post, please.

I can inspect Mopars with the best of them for accuracy, but I am lost on Fords. Can someone recommend a person to inspect a Talladega for me for correctness and body/mechanical? PM if needed or just email me tax...@gmail.com

Ready to pull the trigger on a white Talladega and putting the 65 Barracuda on ebay or with gateway in a couple of weeks.
Thanks
Bob

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 13, 2017, 04:56:08 AM

The Daytona uses the stock 1971 electric motor and single rod to connect the headlites together, the Black 71 Aero Superbee/Tona used 2 stock 71 electric motors mounted on each headlite bucket, the 71 Bird uses 84-87 Pontiac Fiero motor on each headlite assy, sorry no pics of the smaller assys/fabrications, these cars were built 12-14 years ago

Mike

WOW time flies, 14 years ago already was at Vernon Ct. I was parked beside you and automotive evolution moves on.  :yesnod:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Aero426

Quote from: taxspeaker on March 08, 2017, 05:25:52 PM

Ready to pull the trigger on a white Talladega
Bob

Bob, just sent you an email.