News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dakota Digital

Started by fizz, December 09, 2014, 12:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

At first glance I was thinking why your cluster had those drop down brackets...I then realized it was the DD setup, lol.

Very interested to see how you like the RF kit...I had planned to have already had it, but keep running into issues with the rest of the interior upgrades.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

jwilk01

I am very interested to hear how the cluster went in if there were any problems.  I am about to buy one my self and want to make sure its top notch.

Later
Josh

comet_666

My dash bezels are on their way here and I have to locate the dash pads, I'm sure it will fit fine but I will post pics as soon as I get everything mocked up.

jwilk01

Awesome!  How long did it take to get when you ordered it?

comet_666

About 4 days. The color combo I wanted happened to be in stock. And I got it off Ebay and did the make an offer and got it for $920

jwilk01

I did get end up buying one of the Dakota digital gauge clusters and I must say it is a top notch set up.  Only thing I can't get to work is my fuel gauge, but I have an idea on how so I will try it once the weather breaks.  Very easy to use and I didn't know it until I installed it but you can do 1/4 mile times and 0-60 times its pretty awesome!

I will grab a pic when I can.

Later
Josh

John_Kunkel

Doesn't the DD have a setup mode where you select from one of six or seven fuel sender resistance values?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

jwilk01

Yes it has a few different ones I don't remember how many different ones there are.

Later
Josh

John_Kunkel

The one you want is the 10-73 Mopar/Ford setting.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Aussiemadonmopars

Hey Comet. How did you go with the new guage/wiring combo fitout? I'm jumping on board now too with this setup. I'd be very interested to see if/what problems you had.

comet_666

My project has been put on a hiatus for the past few months. Hopefully the next few weeks will see some stuff getting done. I actually just fired off an email to Ron Francis about the headlight/taillight socket connections because the RF kit has no connections there and I dont feel like splicing my old stuff. I did get my new bezil on the DD and I like the way it looks.

frank1966

Nice post!  i think this my answer! I am planning on buying Ron Francis wiring kit, so it's easy to connect the gauges? Where can I buy this DD instrument panel, best price?

jwilk01

I went straight though Dakota digital it was a little more but the piece of mind if something went wrong and not having to deal with ebay was better in my mind.  I highly recommend these gauges and very easy to install!

frank1966

Thanks, did you use Ron Francis wiring as well? I just pulled my gauge cluster what a mess! Any suggestions on where to begin? Rip out everything? What would be reused? Connectors, relays?

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: jwilk01 on April 20, 2015, 06:15:10 AM
I went straight though Dakota digital it was a little more but the piece of mind if something went wrong and not having to deal with ebay was better in my mind.  I highly recommend these gauges and very easy to install!

Those look great!  :drool5:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

comet_666

I got the same cluster and am doing a RF harness. According to RF you will need tail light sockets and as I am starting to go through it I am seeing where I may be able to use some other things from the old harnesses.

jwilk01

I just tapped a few things into the old harness, like turn signals, ebrake light, dash light, and power.  I did have to run a separate wire from my fuel sending unit to the box but that wasn't a big deal.  It was really easy to do I think if I wanted to I could have done it all in an afternoon.

Later
Josh

Aussiemadonmopars

Hey fellas. How did you go with installing the dak guages with the RF wiring kit? I got my RF kit now, the xp777, looks easy to do but just wondering  how you patched it into the dak guage control box. Any info would be great thanks    ;)

comet_666

I will be doing it this week (hopefully) and I will take pics. Luckily the shop where its at now he has done this type of thing multiple times.

Aussiemadonmopars

See if you can get some pics of where they mount the fuse box and the dak control box, Im scratching for ideas.    :2thumbs:

comet_666

Yah, I was hunting for a place a week or 2 ago to mount those.
I will be doing the wiring myself, they will just be there for moral support and guidance  :icon_smile_big:

comet_666

Hope to have this installed by this weekend.

myk

Quote from: comet_666 on July 21, 2015, 08:29:50 AM
Hope to have this installed by this weekend.

I'm eagerly awaiting the results...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Aussiemadonmopars

comet_666

i'll update you guys on how I wired it when I make sure it works.
Basically spliced into 4 wires in stock harness and put weather pack connectors on them and female side has same color wire but about 4ft long so I can mount control box anywhere.

Here is shot of DD in my dash FINALLY!