News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dakota Digital

Started by fizz, December 09, 2014, 12:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I missed this and only saw your dash thread so ignore my pic request.   :icon_smile_big:

That looks really sweet; if I ever want something other than stock it'll be this.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

I think his selection is a perfect blend of stock-ish looking gauges with a modern flair.  I might have to go that route...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Aussiemadonmopars

I tell ya what, after going the other way and going down the way of the Classic/Thunder Road dash setup, I would probably recommend going this way. The speedhut gauges I'm using in the Classic/Thunder road dash have a few more options but if ya want something that is just a basic alternative to stock then the Dak gauges look like the way to go. It looks more like a more "bolt-in" kind of setup alternative to stock.

myk

You think so?  After looking up the Thunder Road stuff it looks pretty similar in application as the Dak stuff does.  Great products either way...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Aussiemadonmopars

With the Classic/Thunder dash setup you still have to try and use your old switches and fit them to the new bezel. I've seen on here someone hacked up an old original housing to get the switches to fit the bezel, something I didn't want to do so I salvaged the old switches from my bezel (I know I can get replacements of those) and glued some small bits of wood to the back of the new bezel to mount the switches on. After that I still have to fit a headlight warning light a brake warning light and indicator lights. Try and find some decent ones of those that don't look out of place. It's not just a replacement housing with the gauges fitted already that you can just screw the old bezel/fascia to and screw back into place.

myk

Quote from: Aussiemadonmopars on August 08, 2015, 10:02:24 AM
With the Classic/Thunder dash setup you still have to try and use your old switches and fit them to the new bezel. I've seen on here someone hacked up an old original housing to get the switches to fit the bezel, something I didn't want to do so I salvaged the old switches from my bezel (I know I can get replacements of those) and glued some small bits of wood to the back of the new bezel to mount the switches on. After that I still have to fit a headlight warning light a brake warning light and indicator lights. Try and find some decent ones of those that don't look out of place. It's not just a replacement housing with the gauges fitted already that you can just screw the old bezel/fascia to and screw back into place.

Ah I see.  I take it then that the last sentence of your post refers to the way the Dak is designed...

Aussiemadonmopars

Nah Mate, I was actually referring to the Classic/Thunder Road setup. But yeah, I see what your saying too. (We are both speaking the same language but saying different things the same way, lol) . I realize the thread is about the Dak guages but I just wanted to give a comparo against an alternative. The Dak guages  look like more of a bolt - in  mod rather than the classic dash which requires mods to fit and mount. The Dak guages look like they are going to be easier to wire up too.    :2thumbs:

myk

Definitely something to consider.  Thanks for the input...

comet_666

So this is how I have mine wired up right now, not 100% sure it's correct yet but throwing it out there to see if anyone who has wired this up can verify.
This is wired in from the OEM 69 harness. I cut it at the bulb and installed a wire pack connector http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all76265/overview/ (female end) at that point and connected to a longer wire of same color (male) and then terminated at the control box. I have the box mounted on the firewall to the insulation pad.
Brake = Brake Warning Light bulb
High = High beam bulb
Left = Left turn signal bulb
Right  = Right turn signal bulb
Orange = Dash light bulb   (not 100% sure on this one)
Acc. Power =  Not 100% sure on this either

comet_666

Ok, got this tested and working.

This is wired in from the OEM 69 harness. I cut it at the bulb and installed a wire pack connector http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all76265/overview/ (female end) at that point and connected to a longer wire of same color (male) and then terminated at the control box. I have the box mounted on the firewall to the insulation pad.

Brake = Brake Warning Light bulb
High = High beam bulb
Left = Left turn signal bulb
Right  = Right turn signal bulb
12 v from Fuse block
Acc. Power =  From Acc feed on fuse block
Fuel SND direct from box to tank sending unit
Fuel - Direct from box and ground to frame
Ground - I ran this to the frame.
Sensor packs are self explanatory.

Hope this helps!

Note: Red on fuseblock is 12v Const not acc as I labled it.