News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Head light harness connector(s) ...

Started by thehemikid, December 09, 2014, 07:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehemikid

...at the radiator yoke.

Does anyone know of who sales new ones, ( well good used ones would do too),  where the male & female are grey.

I looked on the M&H site & read where they do not sell connectors or terminals separately.

Bill Evans has them in clear/black

Found a place in Texas that has them in black & probably clear (couldn't tell by pic) so I emailed,...with no reply yet.

I would like to have a light harness like what's on a Superbird,  where it unplugs at the radiator yoke so that I can make another "relay" harness using the same male/female connectors that would plug & play into the main harness. If the relay(s) were to fail I could have a spare on-board or reconnect the main harness.

Haven't seen these elsewhere on the B-bodys. Are they a Bird only connector in the Chrysler line up ...or are they also used by other brand x's.

These are what I'm looking for,...to you Wing guys these pix (of M&H connectors) should look familiar.

Thinking that the "P" may stand for Packard was how I found a link to the Texas company. But they were black & clear (me thinks).:pullinghair:

TIA

nascarxx29

I believe it matches the rear harness lighting connector and at main harness. Were it joins common on most 68-70 b body harnesses.Slip out terminals and use the plastic housings .As to just terminals it might be a napa or GM issue terminal
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

ODZKing

Yep, just went through this and believe it or not got them on EBay.
They are call Packard 56 SERIES MALE & FEMALE CONNECTOR terminals. Delphi is the company that makes them.
Here is a website link: http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Default.aspx?CAT=DEL010&PCAT=54228#Categories
And I'll save you the trouble.  Here is one on EBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELPHI-PACKARD-GM-56-SERIES-SIX-CONDUCTOR-CONNECTOR-SET-16-14-GA-/381010491839?vxp=mtr&hash=item58b5feb9bf

thehemikid

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 10, 2014, 01:42:36 PM
I believe it matches the rear harness lighting connector and at main harness. Were it joins common on most 68-70 b body harnesses.Slip out terminals and use the plastic housings .As to just terminals it might be a napa or GM issue terminal

Thanks, I'll look into the rear light harness connectors for 68-70.

Terminals I can get they're not a real problem. I figured, when I find who sales a grey set of connectors, they'll have the terminals too.

thehemikid

Quote from: ODZKing on December 10, 2014, 02:58:36 PM
Yep, just went through this and believe it or not got them on EBay.
They are call Packard 56 SERIES MALE & FEMALE CONNECTOR terminals. Delphi is the company that makes them.
Here is a website link: http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Default.aspx?CAT=DEL010&PCAT=54228#Categories
And I'll save you the trouble.  Here is one on EBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELPHI-PACKARD-GM-56-SERIES-SIX-CONDUCTOR-CONNECTOR-SET-16-14-GA-/381010491839?vxp=mtr&hash=item58b5feb9bf

Thanks for the help.

I've searched that site you linked (Terminal Supply co.) before and again sense you linked it,... and still don't see them listed.

Those you linked on ebay are black/clear, like Evans & the place I found in Texas (Texas Industrial Electric co). I'm looking for both the male & female in grey. But I'll search ebay for the grey too.

Again Thanks for the help.

ODZKing

This place has the "6" specifically but again, black and clear.
http://www.farmtronics.com/products.php?PHPSESSID=532df9ce7671a387d7a0dee3b545f6d4&cat=144&pg=2
http://www.farmtronics.com/products.php?PHPSESSID=532df9ce7671a387d7a0dee3b545f6d4&cat=144&pg=3
Another, again black
http://theelectricaldepot.com/index.php?cPath=7_220
Delphi is the company that makes them and I don't know if you'll find new gray ones. You may NOS ones so I looked up the part number for you.
Female terminal 1842018
Male Terminal 1842026
Insulator (which I believe is the 2 plastic pieces) 1842019
And the "Package" (terms/conntrs etc) 2448822.
You may want to try Brads or particularly Silkies in FL ... he has LOTS of NOS stuff.
Brads has it www.bradsnosparts.com $36

70 sublime

I looked through some of the pictures I took of my wiring stuff on my 70 Charger
I thought maybe the wires that connect in the driver side kick panel looked like that but they were grey but had 2 bumps on the connector instead of one like yours
I did find a picture of my radio fader switch and it seems to be the same style and colour as what you are looking for
No I do not want to sell it but it is another location that had the same plug if you are looking around for one 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

A383Wing

I have been cutting all the connectors off my harness's here..if you still are looking for the gray ones, send me a PM...which ones do you need, male or female?

Bryan

thehemikid

Quote from: ODZKing on December 11, 2014, 09:16:58 AM
http://www.farmtronics.com/products.php?PHPSESSID=532df9ce7671a387d7a0dee3b545f6d4&cat=144&pg=2
http://www.farmtronics.com/products.php?PHPSESSID=532df9ce7671a387d7a0dee3b545f6d4&cat=144&pg=3
Another, again black
Delphi is the company that makes them and I don't know if you'll find new gray ones. You may NOS ones so I looked up the part number for you.
Female terminal 1842018
Male Terminal 1842026
You may want to try Brads or particularly Silkies in FL ... he has LOTS of NOS stuff.

ODZKing, ...Thanks for the large effort. 
I had been on that farmtronics site also, to find the black/clear only.

The Brads site looks promising. I have no way of verifying that 2448822 number. Wish Brads would have shown pix of the package though.
I'll go back to his site for a ph # to call to check on that package.
A bit pricey for its size, but nothing NOS is cheap. :icon_smile_blackeye:
Good info, and Thanks,...will be checking on that. :2thumbs:

thehemikid

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 11, 2014, 09:34:54 AM
I looked through some of the pictures I took of my wiring stuff on my 70 Charger
I thought maybe the wires that connect in the driver side kick panel looked like that but they were grey but had 2 bumps on the connector instead of one like yours
I did find a picture of my radio fader switch and it seems to be the same style and colour as what you are looking for
No I do not want to sell it but it is another location that had the same plug if you are looking around for one 

Good info, ...that's along the lines of my plan "B" if I can't/don't get the a new set of grey one's.

Now that you mention that my old GTX has a fader,  but not sure I want to steal that. :-\

Thanks ...possibilities in the used, for the back up plan.

thehemikid

Quote from: A383Wing on December 11, 2014, 06:15:35 PM
I have been cutting all the connectors off my harness's here..if you still are looking for the gray ones, send me a PM...which ones do you need, male or female?

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, I'm going to look into the new one's first.  If that doesn't pan out,...then the used.

So if/when  I PM, I'd need the male & female.

A383Wing

no problem...just send me a PM reminding me of what you need...my memory ain't the greatest anymore

ODZKing

Here is the page just for reference:

A383Wing

So these are what you want and what you want to do with them, right?

I did this to both my 66's, hence the 4 relays instead of just 2

Bryan

thehemikid

Quote from: A383Wing on December 12, 2014, 04:35:34 PM
So these are what you want and what you want to do with them, right?

I did this to both my 66's, hence the 4 relays instead of just 2

Bryan

The long answer,....Yep.  :coolgleamA:

I hadn't set down and designed the layout yet, but that's pretty close to what general pic I had in mind.   Where did you end up mounting them?

I'm also hoping to find relay connectors with fairly long pig tails to allow for mounting options. Other wise I may get into rewiring those too. If I did I would want to continue the car's existing colors through the relay's harness too, but will see when I get there.
Did a little reading on relays a while back & (still need to read that again) found that the 5 terminal relay was a better way to go, & that iirc having (2) 87 terminals (not an 87a) has it's advantage. Depending on what you have in mind. Like I said, I need to re-read that.

I'm sure MAD electric probably explains this upgrade, I had mostly read here at http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html and also saw the 3 beam layout. The better lighting is a plus, but the main goal is cutting the load going through the dash harness. I've already converted all other lights to LED for the same reason, & iirc they all add up to just 2.1 amps,... same as 1 back up light.

Anyway, back to the connectors. I wasn't able to call today to check on those new one's.

A383Wing

you only need the 4 pin relays...the fifth pin is not used in the headlight relay upgrade. The 87a terminal is closed when relay is in the "Off" mode.

I made these for my cars to mount under the battery tray to the braces...The headlight and motor harness connector is there for my 66 Chargers...so it's out of sight but still works. My set-up here has 4 relays, one for low beam, one for high beam, one for headlight motor up, and one for headlight motor down.

thehemikid

Quote from: ODZKing on December 12, 2014, 09:53:14 AM
Here is the page just for reference:

ODZKing who's site is that on. Even though that is a black & white pic, the female connector appears black.

When I searched Brads site all I got was a one liner.

ODZKing

Quote from: thehemikid on December 12, 2014, 11:23:23 PM

ODZKing who's site is that on. Even though that is a black & white pic, the female connector appears black.

That is the 1969 Mopar parts book. Illustration page 8-57.
Brads you will have to call and have him pull the part and describe it to you.

thehemikid

:icon_smile_blackeye:   :leaving:   :lol:      :2thumbs: on the parts book.

thehemikid

Quote from: thehemikid on December 11, 2014, 08:45:54 PM
Quote from: ODZKing on December 11, 2014, 09:16:58 AM
Another, again black
Female terminal 1842018
Male Terminal 1842026

ODZKing, ...Thanks for the large effort.  
I had been on that farmtronics site also, to find the black/clear only.

The Brads site looks promising. I have no way of verifying that 2448822 number. Wish Brads would have shown pix of the package though.
I'll go back to his site for a ph # to call to check on that package.
A bit pricey for its size, but nothing NOS is cheap. :icon_smile_blackeye:
Good info, and Thanks,...will be checking on that. :2thumbs:

Well I called Brads  a few times & was supposedly busy so I left a message, & no reply yet.

My search on Silkies in Fl,  had to get a little more specific cause most I was seeing was dogs, chickens, or pantyhose.    :lol:
But I finally got a hold of them & .....nope, no luck with both the package # 2448822 or the 1842019 either.

So, meanwhile back at the ranch...  

...if a bird in hand is worth two in the bush,  I'll give the used parts door knob a turn with a PM in the meanwhile.  

Edit: "A383Wing"   PM sent.

ODZKing

Sorry, I thought everyone knew about Silkes.  He only does business by phone and occasionally I see him on EBay.
Any way Silke's Auto Parts Inc. Jacksonville, FL (800-997-7998)
He will answer the phone, he has yet to answer when I call.
Bob

thehemikid

Yeah, me not knowing of him, I searched with the Silkies spelling, that you gave in the previous post & got a lot of dogs, poultry, & pantyhose sites.

So, I think I added car parts to it and talked to him at 904 737 8600.

Not a problem I still got a hold of him, just took a scenic route. :icon_smile_big:

... :chatting: just wait'n on a PM.

ODZKing

Quote from: thehemikid on December 15, 2014, 07:45:23 PM
Yeah, me not knowing of him, I searched with the Silkies spelling, that you gave in the previous post & got a lot of dogs, poultry, & pantyhose sites.

So, I think I added car parts to it and talked to him at 904 737 8600.

Not a problem I still got a hold of him, just took a scenic route. :icon_smile_big:

... :chatting: just wait'n on a PM.
Nice guy huh?  Wud he say?  Have the part(s)?

thehemikid

He was pretty well just straight forward with business. May've been because it was just after 5pm his time.
him) ...what are you looking for?
me) ...front head light harness connectors.
him) ...got a part number"
me) ...yeah, 2448822
him)...mmm no, no luck there.
me) ...how about 1842019
him)... mmm nope, sorry.
me)...that's ok we try'd,...thank you.

I'll call Brads again tomorrow, but in the meantime, pursue a good used pair from "A383Wing" :callme: