News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Haunted Dash Part 2

Started by remta1, December 23, 2014, 04:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remta1

OK so dash is all completely back together( non ralley) .all new gauges , new circuit board new "pluggy thingy " into the dash. and the altimeter guage has been bypassed with a fusible link.
1 .I have lights..yay flasher works as well as windscreen wipers now.
2. Speedo goes like a geiger counter and jams on 40 mph ( reading other threads I will replace cable)
2.have power going from fuel tank to fuel gauge and also power to the temperature gauge.
Both gauges move "very slightly" as in you can just see the needle move a few millimetres  and no more . Is this a problem with the new plug in thingy or an issue with the earthing of the switches panel ?...don't want to have to take my dash apart again  :brickwall: 

This information is second hand from me, as my buddy was helping me and did some basic diagnosis for me  as I am completely electrically inept .He seems to think that when I have put my cluster back together I might have jammed the gauges against the plastic display and it is stopping the gauges moving . :shruggy:who would know I am looking at every option definitely don't want to pull that dash out again  :eek2:

b5blue

Power to gauges is 5 volts @ dash. (Small rectangle on back of cluster.) I'm certain you mean Alternator gauge. ( :yesnod: ) If the car is cold and out of gas the readings are okay.  Yes the cluster MUST be well grounded!

Pete in NH

Hi,

First, I would remove the plug on wire from the temperature sensor and put a voltmeter between it and ground you should see a pulsing voltage when the ignition key is in the run position. Next, have your friend find a 27 ohm resistor at Radio Shack or local electronics supplier and place it between the sensor connector and ground the temperature gauge should go up to around mid-scale.