News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

car trailer questions

Started by 69 charger man, August 08, 2005, 08:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 charger man

hey.. imm looking for an enclosed car trailer to put my 70 charger in since i do not have a garage... does anyone have any recommendations... new/used... brands to stay away from...ect..
thanks ray

IBsmokin

if you are just looking for something to park your charger in, try a canopy garage, heres a site with them for only a few hundred bucks.

( http://www.try-tech.com/canopies/non-valanced/tt-158in-120.htm#10-wide ) you lay hay around the edges, buy a car cover that zips around it while its under the canopy canvas garage, they sell heavy duty ones for those in bad winter places.

heres some heavy duty ones, here their prices.
( http://www.try-tech.com/instant-garages/cover-it/House-HD-prices-scan.pdf )

and here are some more prices

( http://www.try-tech.com/instant-garages/cover-it/ci_prices.htm )

GTX

If you are looking for a semi permanent cover that goes on the ground. I have a 20' x 8' that is very similar to the Cover it brand but I think it uses heavier guage material, in fact that's where my '68 Charger is.

It cost me around $700.00 shipped with the added rear door so it can pass through into the garage in back of it but I think the prices are less now. It was fairly easy to set up by myself and I really like it except it gets pretty hot in the Summer. I added an air conditioner to cool me off in there. In the Winter it gets totally buried with three feet of snow with no troubles and it's like a cocoon. I hung flourescent lights over the car and use one small space heater and I can work with only a jacket on in the middle of the night in the Winter.  The neighbors can't see what's in there and I have a fair amount of room to move around and work. I can take it down and store/ move it in a couple of hours.
Over all I've been very happy with it especially considering the cost. Thr material heas held up very well but it's only been three years so far.

I think it beats a trailer that has to carry the weight of the car in a sitting position for extended periods and is hard on the suspension and tires.

My 2 cents.

-Dave

MoparYoungGun

I would go with an instant garage from a store like Northern Tool And Equipment. I know of someone that have two and they love them. Good luck :cheers: !

694spdRT

We have a 24' Road Warrior trailer. Enclosed trailers are a heavy trailer and not exactly easy to pull on windy days. I have a 2500 V10 and would not consider pulling it with a car loaded with anything less so keep that in mind. It works the best with my dad's 3500 dually.

Also, get one that has the driver side door in it if you can. It will make getting in and out a lot easier.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi