News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger 500 Registry

Started by Homerr, December 26, 2014, 03:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highwaystar

68 GTX Convertible
69.5 Road Runner
69 Charger 500

T.J

jconway

hello, can"t link up to your gmail. Still ongoing?

41husk

Should the registry know that my 500 is now B5 not Y2 ?  I will send some recent pics as soon as I get the tail stripe on her.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

held1823

Quote from: 41husk on January 20, 2017, 10:16:05 AM
Should the registry know that my 500 is now B5 not Y2 ?  I will send some recent pics as soon as I get the tail stripe on her.

current pics of it will add to the car's history, but the registry is based on how they were built
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on January 20, 2017, 11:29:27 PM
Quote from: 41husk on January 20, 2017, 10:16:05 AM
Should the registry know that my 500 is now B5 not Y2 ?  I will send some recent pics as soon as I get the tail stripe on her.

current pics of it will add to the car's history, but the registry is based on how they were built
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Homerr

Quote from: jconway on January 20, 2017, 09:26:32 AM
hello, can"t link up to your gmail. Still ongoing?

1969charger500registry@gmail.com is/has been still active and you can send any photos there.  Please include a VIN. 

41husk

Thanks,  I will send some pics as soon as I get the tail stripe on.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Dragon Slayer

Can some one explain why XS29J9B210737 is considered a Charger 500.   This is a November car and it is a XS car?  Wouldn't they have gotten the XX stuff right by then?  Also the Fender TAG does not have A11. Should they all have them and again Not make that error in NOV (every car with fender tag data in this registry has A11 except this car).  Same with Transmission Stamp.  So is this possibly an RT converted and passed off as C500 despite the visual inspection.  Does not seem any other paper work exist.  Just curious as I try to educate myself on the history and accuracy of these cars.  G

Homerr

It is an unusual one.  The 925xxx SO# was code for Charger 500.

aerolith

Hi Homerr and C500 Folks.

My lovely C500 has been removed from the list?
XX29 248662...F8 Green.

I am not taking this personally as we Brits have a good relationship with our long lost cousin Donald! :smilielol:

I'm also hoping its not an 'ANTI' green thing going on here, as all my Mopars are GREEN... :-\ :eek2: :icon_smile_tongue:

My favourite vin codes are A11 and A12 plus A990... :coolgleamA:
(couldn't afford an A990 so I'm gonna build one instead)

Aerolith
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

C500

Quote from: aerolith on July 09, 2017, 06:32:23 AM

XX29 248662...F8 Green.

I am not taking this personally as we Brits have a good relationship with our long lost cousin Donald! :smilielol:

I'm also hoping its not an 'ANTI' green thing going on here, as all my Mopars are GREEN... :-\ :eek2: :icon_smile_tongue:

Aerolith

I'm seeing your 500 in line 48... the list is not all ordered numerically.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

odcics2

Quote from: aerolith on July 09, 2017, 06:32:23 AM

XX29 248662...F8 Green.

Aerolith

Welcome Aerolith.  (Nice moniker!)

I am partial to code  A-864!   :coolgleamA:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

RallyeMike

Quote.. the list is not all ordered numerically.

This is what is so  :icon_smile_cool:  about what Homer assembled: Click on a column and you can sort the list by using the "Data" tab. You can see them in numerical order. Wanna see all the B5 cars together on the list? You can do that too.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

aerolith

Thanx C500!

My mistake, I've never seen the list coded by colo(u)r before?
Ever since I've been reading Homerr's wonderful work, its been a numerical list on my computer.
Before Homerr started his 'labour of LOVE' I was told by other aficionado's that my 248662 was the last of the line for the C500.
It made me and my 'bare-bones C500 feel very special indeed. :pity:

Even so I believe she was ordered with a 440, a four-speed+dana, a seat (or two) and a steering wheel, for track duties.
PERFECT in every way for a Circuit racer like me...
One of 26 440 'stick' cars and maybe just maybe, she made it onto a track or three in the States?
Engine and chassis mods were very obvious and have mostly been removed.
There was no evidence of a rollcage, so not a sanctioned event, just a social weekend racer?
Back in 69, it was just another Charger R/T with a filled in backlight and fixed headlights.

Now she is a Mopar legend in every way, designed to beat Fords and Chevy's at breath-taking speeds, that us 'mere mortals' can only dream about.
I would like to join the 150 club at the only surviving UK dragstrip, but I'm sure with a well built hemi and a tail-wind she will make 200 at the UK Rockingham... :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Aerolite
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

wyliemn71

I need to look and see if my  cars are on the list....

held1823

i swear jon is reincarnated.....
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

C500

Quote from: held1823 on July 12, 2017, 07:58:52 PM
i swear jon is reincarnated.....

hahaha, was thinking the same thing Ernie  :yesnod:  :icon_smile_big:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

69_500

Just an update here, but I can affirm to at least 33 4 speed 440 cars that I have now seen. 25 4 speed Hemi 500's that I have seen.
A few others were sporting 4 speeds at time of inspection but no fender tag, sheet or numbers matching trans to confirm if they were factory.

alfaitalia

Quote from: aerolith on July 10, 2017, 06:47:04 AM
Thanx C500!

My mistake, I've never seen the list coded by colo(u)r before?
Ever since I've been reading Homerr's wonderful work, its been a numerical list on my computer.
Before Homerr started his 'labour of LOVE' I was told by other aficionado's that my 248662 was the last of the line for the C500.
It made me and my 'bare-bones C500 feel very special indeed. :pity:

Even so I believe she was ordered with a 440, a four-speed+dana, a seat (or two) and a steering wheel, for track duties.
PERFECT in every way for a Circuit racer like me...
One of 26 440 'stick' cars and maybe just maybe, she made it onto a track or three in the States?
Engine and chassis mods were very obvious and have mostly been removed.
There was no evidence of a rollcage, so not a sanctioned event, just a social weekend racer?
Back in 69, it was just another Charger R/T with a filled in backlight and fixed headlights.

Now she is a Mopar legend in every way, designed to beat Fords and Chevy's at breath-taking speeds, that us 'mere mortals' can only dream about.
I would like to join the 150 club at the only surviving UK dragstrip, but I'm sure with a well built hemi and a tail-wind she will make 200 at the UK Rockingham... :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Aerolite

"only surviving dragstrip"??? Unless I'm missing something in your thread we had seven last time I checked!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mopar John

While checking on another X9 500 I was looking at XS29L9B156009.
The interior code is blank and the picture of the fender tag has "C6R".
Also the next column has black for the interior color and it's RED.
Please update the spreadsheet.
Thanks! MJ

Mopar John

Here are some pictures of the 500 I was checking on XS29L9B162259.
The owner contacted a friend about some parts who gave him my phone number.
I helped with parts and other items and finally made a visit to see the 500.
From what I have learned the original owner had the car taken apart for restoration.
For some reason it never got finished and sat apart for many years.
After just 8 months this is how for it's come back together!
Very rare black with red stripe and interior color combination!
MJ

69_500

John that would be the 5th X9 500 I have in the lust that has Red interior. However two of those I am unsure on original stripe color.

3--Daytona

Danny,,,,The black c-500  that you and MoPar john are chating about appears to be same color combo-as my black DAYTONA,,,,,,

Black red int,,, red wing,,, 440--4sp.