News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For Sale 1969 Daytona 49,871 org miles all org sheet metal exc. condition

Started by customshop1, December 29, 2014, 10:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Quote from: held1823 on January 12, 2015, 08:46:36 PM
what the hell is wrong with some of you? nothing good to say?

more money than 99.9% of us will ever even see poured into finding bone marrow matches for leukemia patients and helping them pay for treatment.

millions more towards foundations that help the families of sick children seek and afford treatment.

the man is no saint, but who among us is? have any of you slamming the guy given even $20 to a stranger?

the car obviously IS worth what the owner asked, as hendrick can afford any pedigree of wing car he desires and yet he chose this one.

monday morning quarterbacking at its finest....

I usually bite my tongue on so many posts I see on this site just because I don't have the time nor the patience to get into verbal battles anymore.  I was thinking along the same lines as your first two points and you were able to add so much more - well done!  Thanks for saying what so many of us (I certainly hope) were thinking!

:cheers:   :2thumbs:   :yesnod:

69rtse4spd

Read the whole thing, my  :Twocents:, congrats to buyer & seller, stays in the U.S.A., no buyer or seller premium, & look at the stupid money they pay for a clone car. 

FJ5WING

congrats! :2thumbs: :cheers:

But first time out of the garage in 13 years isn't that long! My car hasn't been driven in 11 years and it seems like yesterday. :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 16, 2015, 11:59:33 AM
congrats! :2thumbs: :cheers:

But first time out of the garage in 13 years isn't that long! My car hasn't been driven in 11 years and it seems like yesterday. :shruggy:

What did you do prior to starting it up , after 11/13 years of not running

customshop1

we fogged the cyl.  a few time and pulled the plugs out.  Primed the motor,  changed the oil,  primed it again,   then cranked it over to clean out the cyl,  re installed new plugs,
new points, new coil, new plug wire  just cause he had them. rebuilt the carb, cleaned out the fuel tank and lines.
   then  cranked it up  she  fired  right up  had 45 lbs of oil pressure.

hemi68charger

Quote from: customshop1 on January 16, 2015, 05:26:12 PM
we fogged the cyl.  a few time and pulled the plugs out.  Primed the motor,  changed the oil,  primed it again,   then cranked it over to clean out the cyl,  re installed new plugs,
new points, new coil, new plug wire  just cause he had them. rebuilt the carb, cleaned out the fuel tank and lines.
   then  cranked it up  she  fired  right up  had 45 lbs of oil pressure.

:2thumbs:

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi-hampton

After my car sat for 20 years all the gaskets dried up & went bad & leaked. The double pump dual feed Holley leaked from both bowls. Only other problem was Fuel pump (which was new 20 years ago just before the storage) went bad from sitting. New Carb & Fuel pump & fired right up. LEON.

TUFCAT

::)
Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 16, 2015, 07:09:04 PM
After my car sat for 20 years all the gaskets dried up & went bad & leaked. The double pump dual feed Holley leaked from both bowls. Only other problem was Fuel pump (which was new 20 years ago just before the storage) went bad from sitting. New Carb & Fuel pump & fired right up. LEON.

No need to worry Leon..... the unscrupulous Mr. "Big Money Guy" will fix everything.  :whistling:  Making money the whole time...