News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For Sale 1969 Daytona 49,871 org miles all org sheet metal exc. condition

Started by customshop1, December 29, 2014, 10:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

Sounds like a good car.Was a buildsheet ever found.I remember seeing online way back when purchased sales invoice and a cancelled check in the Wrights name :Twocents:.Any kind of paperwork documentation adds value and owner historys Myself and Moderator Hemi Geno seen the online paperwork/picture history on this car in 2008.And wasn't sure if the Wrights bought the car new
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,42405.0.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

customshop1

Here is some pics I took this morning of the car.  we have the seats out and the door panels off right now.
reskinning the seats and have new door panels for it. all the sheet metal is org. there have been a few very small patches on the bottom of the rear qtrs.
the owner has told me this morning he is starting at $150,000 which I feel is a fair price as the condition of the car and the fact that it has all  org. sheet
metal, org floor pans,  numbers matching motor and  trans.  49,871 org documented miles.  we have the  a copy of the org title and loan papers with payments from the first owner,
then a copy of the title from the second owner and Fred is the owner now. we also have had 2 mopar Gurus confirm the car and all its findings.
if you have any more ?  please feel free to call or stop by my shop.  thnx  John

customshop1

engine does not have correct intake, or valve cover but the owner does have the correct ones. they will go with the car.

customshop1

inside qtr panels

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: customshop1 on January 03, 2015, 12:06:59 AM
the date code and vin are on the engine and the trans has a B0and the last 6 of the vin.
but I was told that the trans has it that way some time.  maybee someone car confirm that  but the last 6 vin are stamped into the trasn as is the correct date codes.

Engine VIN should start 9B, trans also.

The VIN pad on an automatic is on the passenger side of the bell housing.

WINGMAN

Correct me if I am wrong the taillight housings are for a early 69. They need to have the shorter cover over the bulb socket  :shruggy: ( Wingman)  Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

customshop1

I do have a large tail light cover panel that cover the tail lights is that what you talking about?  it does have the org  trunk mat in the car also.

hemi68charger

John...
Troy here..... Just got back from vacation and I'm home now......... Nice car...... If you weren't, I'd get rid of that green paint on the fuel filler tube in the trunk... Does it have the original jacks?

$150,000 is the upper reaches of the value at this time...... I hope he gets it..... Good luck on the sale.........  See if the carb is a 4618SA since it is an auto.. I see the scoops are back on..  :2thumbs:

Cheers,
Troy

Quote from: 65post on January 02, 2015, 11:14:42 PM
WOW the long lost Playboy car.Or maybe not.I think that one had green guts.

That car had green interior...... I tried for over two years to get that car, but I could never sell my Daytona to fund it........ Oh well, that's the way it goes..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

customshop1

yes has both  jacks   the scissor one it no the org  but its  very close.
yes the carb does have the proper numbers.
We just  found 3 other cars that are $175, for similar cond.  $75, for pretty rough not number matching, and $115, not number matching in OK  cond.   
So I think the price is Fair.  but its also the owners call.  Hes is the final say  Im just trying to help him out since he sold me a very very nice AAR cuda
for a good price.. we just turned the motor over  turn nice and easy  so we are install the new fuel line  now and  might try and fire it up later today.
would these be the correct wheel and tires for this  car?

charger_fan_4ever

moparnation74

Quote from: customshop1 on January 03, 2015, 12:06:59 AM
well after some cleaning and  it looks like the numbers are all matching on the Daytona.  the date code and vin are on the engine and the trans has a B0and the last 6 of the vin.
but I was told that the trans has it that way some time.  maybee someone car confirm that  but the last 6 vin are stamped into the trasn as is the correct date codes.
the owner is coming over tomorrow to talk about setting his price on it.  all the sheet meal is  org  but the rear qtrs have had some  very small patches  like a qtr size welded up.
with some minor body work  org trunk and floor pans.  there is some minor surface rust on the bottom of floors. the intake and valve covers are from a 71  but the owner has
the org intake, carb, and valve covers at home for it. we are going to try and fire the motor up  as well.  LMK  if anyone  wants to make an offer.

Without any good high quality pictures being presented along with documentation.  How do you expect anyone to even consider moving to the next level? 

hemi68charger

Quote from: customshop1 on January 03, 2015, 12:14:41 PM
would these be the correct wheel and tires for this  car?

John,
The Broadcast Sheet will tell all.......... The wheels are possible for the '69 model year, but the tires are '70-up if I'm not mistaken. Either redlines or white"lines" would have been the tire... This is from Geno's car, a VERY correct restored Daytona.. Yes, it should have a trim ring, it just isn't installed on this picture....

Also remember John, what people are asking and what they are selling for are different. I tried and tried to sell mine for 130K for the longest time and it too has all of its all original sheetmetal car. The highest I ever got to was 120K. I eventually did get the 125K I was asking for, but it was too late. The F6 I wanted, sold so mine went off the market..... Do you have any statistics on actual sellers and how much? That'll give a good indication of what the market will bare. But, these wing cars have such a tight niche....... Surprises will always happen.. Don't wanna be negative.... Just realistic... I truly hope he does get his asking price....

Congrad's on the AAR... I just got a TA myself and it's pretty cool.....  :2thumbs:

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Redbird

Nice car BTW!

That particular color of green I really like on Daytonas. And I generally don't like green cars.

It looks like it would be a great car to have.

I would take issue with your description at a couple of places. If it has rust holes it is no longer an excellent condition car.

If someone patches the holes and repaints them, pretty hard to match. Makes it a Very Good Condition car as is. Needs work.

From the pictures and description this is what I get; very nice looking car, previous repaint and rust repair-rust repair not up to highest standards, looks complete, reproduction parts like washer bottle, needs some work, has some original paperwork.

So it has a scissors jack, but what it really has is the $ 25 junkyard model, not the original one. What else is  inflated on the description?

Might as well as come clean at the start.

magnumauto

I am interested in hearing what anyone has to say about actual real world value on this car.....
I looked at it in person yesterday and here are my observations of it.
Nice car with a few issues to be called a #1, top shelf, restored to today's standards. For instance, paint is about 15 years old and it was stored in a cold IL building. There are many blisters in the paint, one buff thru in the top of the fender and a bit of bubbling on the lower quarter. It has had some repair in the lower quarters behind the tires and the rear corners have bondo also. Definitely original metal but I did not lift the trunk mat out or the carpet to confirm no rust repair there, but did see some slight pitting in the trunk floor but not major.
Bottom of the car has surface rust on all of the bare metal parts due to storage on a concrete floor in a cold building.
Has the correct rear jack but the scissors jack is not correct.
Motor is numbers match and had full VIN stamped in it, trans is a bit of a mystery as it has a partial VIN and starts with 0B instead of 9B but the rest of the VIN matches and has the correct 1969 440 HP PK number stamped in it. Could be a factory mistake?
Original fender tag is still there, the build sheet they have is not for this car. They have ownership history back to new with copies of titles, original loan paper work and a Galen decode of the fender tag but I did not see him doing a visual inspection of the car or any paperwork for that.
As it sits, it is a great "driver" quality car that could be driven and enjoyed, but would require a complete nut and bolt resto to be show winner. Paint is a 10 footer with the blisters but it does shine, looks like a single stage enamel job from the 1990's.
Interior is old and John is working to install new seat covers and door panels now. Top of door pads are nice but yellowed with age.
Assuming they can get it running with no issues and road worthy, what do you think it is worth? and what would it be worth in today's market if it had a fresh restoration to say concourse standards not OE standards.

I made an offer for it before seeing it for a customer and after seeing it in person, I feel the offer was about right.

Mark

Redbird

I think as Doug stated, "it is a lot of car to work with".

To me very nice.

I think it a very strong 3+ car or 2- car. Rust repair, problematic.

Not close to a #1 car.

moparnation74

Seems to be a nice candidate for a complete restoration.  However, I think they are searching for a dream price.  Top notch OEM full restoration by the big guy's will run in the 100k range. 

held1823

two things drive the price up considerably on this particular car versus many others - the numbers engine and the f6 paint

these two factors alone are worth what, a 15% minimum premium?

i can't believe anyone would want to restore it. i'd drive it just the way it is.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

daytonalo

Very nice Daytona !!! Lose the front tag , it looks like a horses ass !!!  :icon_smile_big:

6bblgt

Anyone else know of a full-VIN stamped Daytona engine?  :scratchchin: I don't.

What's the VIN on the b'cast that doesn't match?

hemi68charger

Troy

6bblgt

& if it's the original interior you are prettying up to "help" make the sale. 
Chinese reproduction parts may be more of a disservice than an aid.

Davtona

Quote from: daytonalo on January 03, 2015, 09:34:39 PM
I say 75 k  

:smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

Quote from: held1823 on January 03, 2015, 04:20:16 PM

two things drive the price up considerably on this particular car versus many others - the numbers engine and the f6 paint

:iagree: