News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LED turn signal problem

Started by chargd72, December 31, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

I swapped out all tail/parking/signal lamps to LED. I also changed out my signal and hazard flashers to a no load type flasher (Tridon heavy duty electronic flasher #el12). After the swap my tail lights, brake lights, parking lights and hazards work. But I can't get the turn signal to work. I'm using the same flasher for the hazards but I still get nothing for the turn signals. The weird thing is when I engage the signal lever, the indicator light in my cluster stays on (instead of flashing) but nothing shows on the front or tail lamps. Any ideas?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

patcharger

You need EF32RL LED FLASHER work perfect I make the conversion laste week!400740074640 Ebays
69 charger G-Lee

chargd72

I've seen people have success with that flasher.  I'm not confident it will work since my hazards run fine with the electronic flasher with no extra ground.  Either way, I ordered one and will report the outcome.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

chargd72

The suggested flasher is not working either.  Anyone else have any ideas? 

On a side note, the side fender lights are not running when my lights are on either.  I'm guessing these two problems are connected.

CCR

I had the exact same problem with my -68 when changing to LED, hazard flasher worked OK but turn signals didn't. Had to shift the terminals on the turn signal relay to make it work.
I made two short cables just to test and after that I shift the terminals in the connector.
1968 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

chargd72

Good suggestion CCR.  I'll give that a shot.

Bodie, the flasher I have in now has it's own ground wire so I don't think there is an issue there.

fy469rtse

I had some issues as well,
I can tell you that after earth's have been checked, start looking at your switches ,
These were designed for a lot more current than the LED's draw,
I had intermittent issues with turn signal switch,  contacts in all switches have to be very clean, burnt contacts from decades of use will not help
Resistors helped on my front turn signal lights because of residual current present in wiring , I had hyper flashing on these
I had to do the same for console lights as well, it was only after adding resistors that these LEDs functioned

chargd72

Quote from: CCR on January 07, 2015, 03:55:35 AM
I had the exact same problem with my -68 when changing to LED, hazard flasher worked OK but turn signals didn't. Had to shift the terminals on the turn signal relay to make it work.
I made two short cables just to test and after that I shift the terminals in the connector.

That worked! I didn't have much confidence in that being the problem but sure enough it was. Thanks!