News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTB- Superbird Fiberglass Wing LH Upright

Started by dak440, January 01, 2015, 10:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dak440

Guys- I am restoring my 3rd Superbird and realized I have enough leftover parts to do a full size wall hanging of the driver's side of a 'bird. It will be painted up like the #43 car and highly detailed with window net , exhaust, period decals, etc. I need a LH wing upright that is cheap....perhaps a damaged fiberglass piece I could salvage or a leftover that someone decided not to use. Since it isn't going on a real car, even something of poor structural integrity would work. Before I fab this up myself I thought I'd see what's out there collecting dust. Also could use a fender scoop...perhaps a cheap repo without studs or a broken original that was too bad to save. I have  the left side of a nose cone, rusty original fenders, doors, quarters that I'll bondo up. Anybody got wing or scoop that might fit the bill?  Other ideas? Thanks.

farm966

Please post pics when finished...I would love to do that in my shop...great idea, IMO.

dak440

Still looking. How about someone who bought a fiberglass wing, wasn't happy with the quality, and didn't use it? I've seen several complaints about the cheaper kits out there so somebody must have some crappy parts they would like to get rid of. Again, this will be going on a wall, so structural integrity is not an issue for my needs. Thanks.

hemi68charger

Have you contacted Ted Janak at http://www.wingedwarriorbodyparts.com/ to see if he has any vertical components that didn't pass QC?

Just a thought...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

dak440

Yes, he was my first thought. He didn't have anything laying around. I also called the 2 "other" guys who are doing fiberglass stuff and no one had anything. All three have offered to make me one if I don't find something already out there. Thanks.

Hemi Runner

Are those fenders useable at all? I have fiberglass fenders, but the class rules state all steel body including fenders :brickwall:

dak440

The fenders are rusty at the hood line and lower...they could have been rebuilt , but not what I wanted for my restoration. There is no headlight structure as I drilled that out and welded it into the new fenders that I found. What rules are you referring to?

DonC1

I have a LH wing upright and scoop in fiberglass if your still looking.

dak440

Thanks, could you PM with details on condition and price?

Hemi Runner

Quote from: dak440 on January 05, 2015, 10:22:46 PM
The fenders are rusty at the hood line and lower...they could have been rebuilt , but not what I wanted for my restoration. There is no headlight structure as I drilled that out and welded it into the new fenders that I found. What rules are you referring to?

Class rules for racing. My class calls for an all steel body including fenders and doors with the exception of the hood and decklid which can be fiberglass. I'll hold out for a nice set if these don't have the headlight structure. That's one of the main structural areas of the fender I believe.

dak440

Still looking for a driver side wing upright in fiberglass and a fender scoop to use on a wall hanging full sized Superbird. Anybody got a junk one out there for cheap.