News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does hood insulation deaden sound? Or is it just heat?

Started by XH29N0G, January 03, 2015, 05:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

Does installing hood insulation change the sound levels coming from under the hood in a noticeable way, or does it just affect heat. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

b5blue

Charger-Bodie

Yes they do dead on sound some. If you wanted you could go even further and stick some sound deadner on and then the hood pad.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

johnnycharger

Just make sure your air cleaner won't rub against it. :brickwall:

charger Downunder

Quote from: johnnycharger on January 05, 2015, 08:11:29 AM
Yep my six pack air cleaner rubbed big time so i removed it. I had one of those molded hood pads and it was like a scotchbrite pad sanding through the air cleaner top.
[/quote]

XH29N0G

I had read something like that before, but not like scotchbright.  Yikes   :scared:  I'll be careful because I really don't want that issue.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Morals

It will only affect directional sound. Kinda like putting a bed sheet over a tv or labtop, it will muffle the higher frequency sounds.  Sound deadner does ruffly the same thing, it is meant to stop vibrations but will stop some directional sound. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: charger Downunder on January 05, 2015, 06:01:42 PM
Quote from: johnnycharger on January 05, 2015, 08:11:29 AM
Yep my six pack air cleaner rubbed big time so i removed it. I had one of those molded hood pads and it was like a scotchbrite pad sanding through the air cleaner top.

DAMHIK  :brickwall:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T