News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake Rotor interchange

Started by sext7366, March 24, 2006, 09:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sext7366

I have a 1970 charger which in the restoration book is listed as 11.75 inch diameter, but on NAPA's website they are listed like the 71 and later 10.97 inch.  I assume diameter matters, and if so no other years will interchange with 1970 right? In order to use these later style rotors I would have to change the spindle and possibly the calipers also correct.

Ghoste

Is NAPA looking up E-body stuff?  Only guessing.

sext7366

I sure hope not I plan on calling them autozone and oreilly's as all three say they have them but only napa lists the diameter of the rotor.

warlock

I have a 70 Charger also and when I brought her home (in cardboard boxes) there were no calipers for the front disc brakes. (Among other missing parts) I have a 71 Fury, in my junkyard, and used the rotors from that with no other modification. I am posting cause I believe I used the rotors too, because they were in better shape. That was quite a few years ago and I am getting old and forgetful so I can't say for sure about the rotors, but the calipers I am positive.