News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Highly Contested 70 Charger A/C Six Pack Update: 2-28-15 Door Vin Decal Question

Started by TUFCAT, January 11, 2015, 08:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparpoolman

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 09, 2019, 03:39:31 PM
From Reading the paper work it does not sound like Wise was sure of it's Authenticity & it was Questionable. I think the only explanation for this car is was a originally a 440 4bbl R/T car with A/C. Like my Car. Only the dash Vin was accidently stamped V for 6 pak. Factory error. Now with this done someone realized with this they could now get a phoney fender tag & door tag made & with what ever options they wanted. LEON.
:iagree:

Birdflu

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 09, 2019, 03:39:31 PM
From Reading the paper work it does not sound like Wise was sure of it's Authenticity & it was Questionable. LEON.

I Agree with the above statement... :yesnod:

Derwud

I agree as well. Saw the car at a Spring/Fall Fling and I walked away with more questions then answers..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Derwud on February 09, 2019, 05:22:44 PM
I agree as well. Saw the car at a Spring/Fall Fling and I walked away with more questions then answers..

I saw it a few years ago at the New Years day cruise (tour d'orange) and it didn't have a fender tag on it. So I figured it was added.

charger Downunder

[/quote]

chargervert

Dave at ECS dropped the hammer on this ones authenticity.  Who would buy a new door VIN decals, and make it look  old for a car they are restoring? The car was a VIN mistamp at the factory, and they fabed up the rest of the story to go with it. They probably could have pulled it off as a V code if the made the firewall look like a non AC car,but by trying to get people to believe that the car isa Sixpack AC car with cruise control they pushed it too far to be believed.  I remember seeing the car at Carlisle partially restored, and they had a security guard watching the car!

chargervert

I remember seeing a 73 Road Runner U code car in a magazine, that was mistamped with a V in the fifth digit. Someone punched the wrong key at the factory.

Moparpoolman

Quote from: Moparpoolman on March 14, 2016, 07:57:30 PM
The whole story to completely understand what is going on here started with this link:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,105796.0.html

For anyone who thinks this is a real deal, They should go back and read the above thread along with this thread from the beginning to see it's a sham.  What did it for me was the owners claiming that because it was a six pack car it came with a different type of A/C compressor that Chrysler didn't normally use but was found in the trunk, I believe the magazine article has pictures of it, now that story changed and coincidentally they left this page out of the ebay listing.   Also the whole ECS Door VIN story totally explains more fraud by the owners.   :Twocents:

Y1CHARGER

Y1CHARGER

still lingering with another price drop, $79,995.00, looks like reality is setting in.  Wonder if it will be at Carlisle again this year with 24 hour security :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254268203871?ul_noapp=true

chargervert

I will sell my real 70 V code Charger R / T, California project car for 35 k,so if you want a real V code 70 Charger, and not a mistamped U code car someone is trying to pass off,let me know. No AC,and no phoney BS. And RIP to Dave Walden, who outed this fake!

Mytur Binsdirti

Without reading through this whole thread, what's fake on it, the a/c or the six pack? Something would have to be monkeyed with; either the VIN, fender tag or both.

What the consensus?

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 07, 2019, 07:04:50 PM
Without reading through this whole thread, what's fake on it, the a/c or the six pack? Something would have to be monkeyed with; either the VIN, fender tag or both.

What the consensus?
vin was mis stamped 6 pack. Its a 4 bl ac car. So they rigged up a 6 pack to clear and claimed 1 of 1 status. Super short cliff note.

Derwud

Last time I saw the car, I was not impressed with the restoration. not a top dollar car for sure..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

hemi-hampton

Looking at the pics I'm not impressed with the Restoration either. Looks like Earl Scheib Perfume on a Pig. :buff: :smilie_help: :paintingpink: :hack: :image_294343: :pigsfly:

nvrbdn

I don't know if anyone else had heard about this, but I was at the Monster Muscle Car show in Madison Illinois last Friday, and there was a tent there that had the ECS banner. I thought I would head on over and say hey to Dave Walden. Well it turns out he passed away from cancer. His son was there and was promoting the products they have. The guys there working for ECS were very nice and we had a nice chat. They also had a nice trophy "loving Cup" that they were going to present to one of the cars in the show that they picked as their favorite in honor of Dave's memory. RIP Dave.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Kern Dog

Thanks...He has been gone awhile, it has been posted here and on other forums as well. Terrible loss to the hobby, much like Steve Juliano.

See the thread:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,135690.0.html

68RT440

I think this Charger was in the car corral at the Mopar Nats...I didn't look closely at it but it was a sublime green '70 Charger with a big poster saying 1 of 1 V code and asking like $240K. Pretty sketchy looking group of guys sitting around it too...lol
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargervert

Quote from: 68RT440 on September 18, 2019, 11:24:18 AM
I think this Charger was in the car corral at the Mopar Nats...I didn't look closely at it but it was a sublime green '70 Charger with a big poster saying 1 of 1 V code and asking like $240K. Pretty sketchy looking group of guys sitting around it too...lol

That was a different car.