News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car quit starting... Thoughts?

Started by Calif240, January 18, 2015, 03:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Figured I would check with you guys so I didn't dive further into this project if there was a simple solution I was overlooking... car was running fine and went out to start her since she's been sitting a week or two. She wouldn't start. I'm not getting spark to the cylinder. Starter spins. I am not getting 12V across the coil. So I checked back and made sure that the ignition switch was giving me switched 12V to the MSD box that I have (6A). I have switched 12V going to the MSD box, and the ground and battery + to the MSD box as required. I've checked the fuse box and any simple wiring that could've come loose. I'm thinking my 6A box went out, but I've heard that they're not known to go out easily. Am I missing anything else? My next step was to bypass the 6A with the switched 12V directly over to the coil and re-wire. Again, figured I'd ask all the experts on here before I jumped further in case I'm just not thinking of something else....
thanks guys...

Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

A383Wing

yea, sounds like the box went south....main reason I'm dumping my MSD as well and going with GM HEI....MSD parts not available on every parts house street corner

Roctania

so.... one can fit GM HEI onto a 440? 

Please...

go on...

A383Wing