News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Retractable shoulder belts

Started by comet_666, January 20, 2015, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

hey John i did not get the extender on the console side, but i will order some,right now it's a little difficult to clasp them, not real bad. other than that they work great!!! yes the three point .
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Lord Warlock

cdr, did you bolt both ends to the same hole on the bottom? 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

cdr

here is a shot of the bolt in part

Lord Warlock

Is the extender the bench seat receiver end? or is it a different piece? thanks for the response, these belts look like very viable replacements and would feel much like the newer belts do.  And it gives me a reason to use that bolt hole in the top that never made sense.  Major hesitation is that everything else inside is original looking, as in stock... these would be a departure in a small way, but it would save hundreds over buying a full replacement set. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

cdr

the extender is a different piece, i think if i was to do is over i would just get the longer bench seat buckle end. 

oldcarnut

Quote from: Lord Warlock on May 21, 2015, 11:12:29 PM
I Major hesitation is that everything else inside is original looking, as in stock... these would be a departure in a small way, but it would save hundreds over buying a full replacement set. 
Im getting a black set made up for front bench and rear seat retractable seat belt sets.  They will be ready to bolt in replacements with the stock lift latch style and textured covers.  Should be very close to originals and will be safety certified tested out to highway safety standards same as new car belts. Bucket seats should be availible too. This is being done by a major seatbelt mfg. company using b-bodies owned by one of the workers for mockup reference. Once the build is completed, normally they will be available only through the regular big restoration parts suppliers.  However, I'm going to get mine direct since I have been working in this with them and probably much cheaper.  I asked if I had enough people interested would they sell them through me on a group order and they said yes if I had about 20.  So, once I get these completed and show the install on my bird clone, if enough people wanting to get a set on a special group order, I'll see what I can do.  I don't know my or any price yet but just putting it out there for consideration.  The main thing is I will know I have belts that have gone proper testing and know they won't fail in an accident.

66FBCharger

Old Car Nut,
I might be interested in a set. Any estimate of when you will get your seat belts? Keep me posted.
John
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto

oldcarnut

He told me yesterday they about completed the design build and were in process of testing and waiting on some new latches. Shouldn't be too long but I'll post them as soon as they come.  I also mentioned I wanted mine with the cert tags sewn in for insurance and or liability issues that could ever come up with an unfortunate instance.  At least that would help keep lawyers at bay for not using certified safety belts in a motor vehicle.

cdr

the belts i installed are  dot approved.

66FBCharger

I ordered a set of fronts from WESCO Performance today. I am getting the Charger ready for the 5 hour roadtrip to Chryslers at Carlisle so I hope to receive them soon and have them done ina few weeks.
Based on feedback from CDR (Thanks, CDR!), plus I measure the original female side of the seat belts, I ordered the 20" long "floppy" bench seat belts. The original belt measured 20". I also ordered a pair of 11" plastic sleeves. i am thinking I can modify those sleeves to stiffen up the belt to help prevent it from sliding down between the front bucket seat and the console.

Lord Warlock

Picked up a set of tan belts last week, now I just gotta figure out where they bolt on, the headliner is in the way so I can't see the bolt end hole that I know is up there, floor bolts I just have to figure where I put them, sure to be somewhere.

myk

Quote from: Lord Warlock on October 31, 2015, 04:11:04 AM
Picked up a set of tan belts last week, now I just gotta figure out where they bolt on, the headliner is in the way so I can't see the bolt end hole that I know is up there, floor bolts I just have to figure where I put them, sure to be somewhere.
I had the same problem.  I'll take a picture of where I found the bolt holes to hopefully guide you in.

OR...

You can take a look at XV Motorsports' picture of where they installed the 3 point belt.  As you can see in the picture, the bolt hole is somewhere near the top of the curve of the rear window/C-pillar:

http://xvengineering.com/products/xv-racing-products-3-point-retractable-belt-bucket-seats-black
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

cdr

Quote from: Lord Warlock on October 31, 2015, 04:11:04 AM

here you can see the large hole

comet_666

Red arrow is where mine went.

comet_666

Lord Warlock

That should do fine to figure out where the upper hole is, Knowing how far from the edge helps, old headliner had a hole there the pin hole you were pointing to look like the coat hanger holes. Not sure if plan on putting coat hangers back in.

cdr

Quote from: comet_666 on November 01, 2015, 04:35:03 PM

no kidding  LOL  I said the large hole NOT the small hole i was pointing at, that was from a different post for the coat hanger hole LOLOLOL

comet_666

Quote from: cdr on November 01, 2015, 07:31:34 PM

no kidding  LOL  I said the large hole NOT the small hole i was pointing at, that was from a different post for the coat hanger hole LOLOLOL
Oh stop, you know you tried to put seat belt bolt where your pointing!   :lol:

cdr

Quote from: comet_666 on November 01, 2015, 08:54:09 PM
Quote from: cdr on November 01, 2015, 07:31:34 PM

Oh stop, you know you tried to put seat belt bolt where your pointing!   :lol:

;D

Lord Warlock

it keeps turning but won't tighten....what is going on....

No, I knew the right hole was up there, and it was threaded so you knew it was for the seat belts, mine just never had shoulder belts in it when I got it, they had been removed before I got ahold of the car.