News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1967 charger gauges white milky colored oxidation on the face

Started by Dave27, January 20, 2015, 04:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave27

My question is, is there a way to remove it from the black part of the face with out replacing the faces. I tried just water and the white turns clear when wet and the face looks normal then when it dries its white again or its tranformed into like a run of paint. I then tried some wax on part of a face and it actually looked pretty good. I did find a thread on hear that stated it is oxidation under the black face bleeding through the decal which actually sounds like what mine is doing. So do you guys have a trick to remove that or make the black part of the gauge face look normal.

My thoughts were: I have read vinager will neutralize oxidation, or would your try black chrome so it allways has a wet look ,or even Armorall, or just keep cleaning it until nothing bleeds through(if thats even possible),or just replace the faces.Thankyou in advance....Dave

ODZKing

Yes, you can buff the faces.
You also can use rubbing compound to get the white-ish off the face.  However do not rub TOO HARD or the black will come with it ... ask me how I know.
Then Vinylex or Back To Black to make the black shine.

Dave27

shorty442

...or you can buy a repro set of gauge face decals for a really factory fresh look.

don't recall the vendor but an inquiry over on the 66-67charger.com forum should provide that.

good luck regardless.