News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stolen !

Started by RGA, January 21, 2015, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGA

It's been a year and the parts were about 50 miles south. The trail ended with this guys nephew left the parts in his garage so he sold them. His nephew is a scum back druggie thief with no adress or phone. So they have a name but not a real top priority or easy find. Honestly I havnt even unloaded them out of the truck, too depressing. I don't know what I'm Gona do with them but be reminded every time I see them.

I proved they were mine because I kept a spare key. It still fit the doors.

tan top

oh noo , bastards  :RantExplode: :mad:  ,   I was kind of still hoping for a good ending ,   sorry to hear this  :flame:

Quote from: skip68 on December 09, 2015, 11:33:03 PM
Sorry.   Better to know than torture yourself for years looking at every car you see and checking the vin.   One less charger.    :flame:  

yes , what Chuckie said  !   best to bring closure to this ,  & move on !   I know what is like trying to keep look out ,  for a lost / stolen  car   , that has sentimental value , you cant help  looking & searching , what if / I wonder etc ...
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

stripedelete

Quote from: RGA on December 10, 2015, 04:02:35 PM
It's been a year and the parts were about 50 miles south. The trail ended with this guys nephew left the parts in his garage so he sold them. His nephew is a scum back druggie thief with no adress or phone. So they have a name but not a real top priority or easy find. Honestly I havnt even unloaded them out of the truck, too depressing. I don't know what I'm Gona do with them but be reminded every time I see them.

I proved they were mine because I kept a spare key. It still fit the doors.

It would eat me up.
Sell it all.  Keep the key.  

Sorry for your loss.

hemi-hampton

OK, So the nephew did it. Since the cops rather eat donuts then track this low life scumbag down I'd track him down yourself & let the cops know where to find him. BUT, Even if they knew they still probably wouldn't do anything. I'd beat the hell out of him.  :brickwall: :brickwall: LEON.

HANDM

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 10, 2015, 08:18:48 PM
OK, So the nephew did it. Since the cops rather eat donuts then track this low life scumbag down I'd track him down yourself & let the cops know where to find him. BUT, Even if they knew they still probably wouldn't do anything. I'd beat the hell out of him.  :brickwall: :brickwall: LEON.

Nah, then you would be sure of the cops doing their job.....

cdr

Heartbreaking !!!!!    :flame:  :RantExplode:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Baldwinvette77

This is fucking shit, In certain cases, murder should be legal  :brickwall:

Edit: ok now that thats out of the way, what i meant to say is; being in possession of an illegal substance will land you jailtime even if its not yours. so why not stolen property?

polywideblock

scumbag druggie thief    :scratchchin:  ever heard of a hot shot    :flame:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

nvrbdn

What a shame. makes me ill.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Steve P.

People are imprisoned for receiving and having stolen goods. The problem is with car parts and other often traded goods, is that you can believe that the sucker who has the parts DOES NOT KNOW they were stolen. Now if the cops were to walk into a room full of brand new flat screens, they would look at it a bit differently, but we are talking about 30, 40, 50 year old car parts.. I don't think I have ever received a receipt for parts at any show.....

I do think I would be looking for the scumbag that had the parts. Even if just to follow the bassard to figure out how/where my car went. Then (of course), I would let the authorities know.... ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Mike DC

People don't do something like this just one time.  He's probably done it before, probably along with a whole string of other offenses, and needs to be stopped.    

hemi-hampton

Did you see the guy that drove off in car. From Description earlier sounds like you did. Track the nephew down. Wonder if he is same guy you seen driving away. If so should be a slam dunk, case closed? LEON.

6spd68

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 10, 2015, 11:19:55 PM
Did you see the guy that drove off in car. From Description earlier sounds like you did. Track the nephew down. Wonder if he is same guy you seen driving away. If so should be a slam dunk, case closed? LEON.

Then you pay some 'Good'ol boys' from outta town to make sure he never sees the light of day again...
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

RECHRGD

Sorry to hear about this. :'(. At least you know what happened to it.  If the guy is not pursued by the police, then I would have a real hard time containing myself.  You know, damn well, that the guy selling the parts knew they were "hot" if he got them from his druggie Nephew.  If someone stole my pride and joy, cut it up to sell parts and fed his habit with the proceeds, he better get arrested and do time.  If not, I would find a way to make him wish he'd never seen your car.........
13.53 @ 105.32

myk

I would be more enraged than the sum of the universe if something happened to my car, but all this talk about retribution is pointless, unless he plans to go to prison.

The OP says that insurance has paid him.  I don't see why we can't focus on finding another Charger to start the next chapter in life, instead of agonizing over the past...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

skip68

You'd think the police would investigate more into this.  
It's not likely whoever took your car was a first time car thief.  
They had knowledge of the value, a place to dismantle it and people to sell the parts to.   I'm sure the police will continue to investigate this but honestly they aren't going to tell you much if anything.   I'd imagine whoever did this has lots of wonderful stolen parts and who knows what else at their home.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Are you going to build another one with the parts?   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mike DC

:Twocents:

Sue the bastard in civil court for "inflicting emotional distress". It sounds like a joke but it might actually be an easier conviction than a criminal case.

The problem with this idea is that the bastard will likely never have a dime to squeeze out (especially not on paper).  So your investment of time & energy & lawyer will never be rewarded.

JB400

So, does anyone mark their parts? 

6spd68

Quote from: myk on December 11, 2015, 10:35:17 AM
The OP says that insurance has paid him.  I don't see why we can't focus on finding another Charger to start the next chapter in life, instead of agonizing over the past...

Would you say the same thing if you caught someone stealing your car from it's parking spot?  After you'd jumped up on the hood, and looked the scumbag in the eyes.  Then after all that had to watch as he recklessly drove off with it.  I dunno, but that seems a little harder to let go than if it had just vanished in the night.

Best thing I can take from all of this, is that every party is lucky OP's .45 was stored in the safe that day.
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

skip68

:scratchchin:  Wouldn't the recovered parts belong to the insurance company?    :shruggy:   be careful not to get yourself in trouble with the insurance company  :yesnod:

stripedelete

Quote from: 6spd68 on December 11, 2015, 03:23:30 PM
Quote from: myk on December 11, 2015, 10:35:17 AM

Would you say the same thing if you caught someone stealing your car from it's parking spot?  After you'd jumped up on the hood, and looked the scumbag in the eyes.  Then after all that had to watch as he recklessly drove off with it.  I dunno, but that seems a little harder to let go than if it had just vanished in the night.

Best thing I can take from all of this, is that every party is lucky OP's .45 was stored in the safe that day.

Yes.  Yes. Yes!  I'm with Myk.  At this point it's all should've, could've, would've.  OP is going to get nowhere with the legal system and all the well meaning action items from those of us not in his shoes offers no consolation.  If we're me, it would just add to the frustration.
:Twocents:

And unless the perp was driving the charger around the living room, it's a good thing the gun was in the safe.

6spd68

Quote from: stripedelete on December 11, 2015, 03:39:38 PM

And unless the perp was driving the charger around the living room, it's a good thing the gun was in the safe.

That's exactly what I said.  :cheers:
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

stripedelete

Quote from: 6spd68 on December 11, 2015, 04:19:41 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on December 11, 2015, 03:39:38 PM

That's exactly what I said.  :cheers:

Agreed :icon_smile_big:

hemi-hampton

If he's guilty he should have to pay for his crime. instead everybody seems to be saying Oh Well, Who cares if he walks & gets no punishment. Just more incentive to do it again. LEON.