News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My free 69 charger R/T ....

Started by Pat1973charger, January 26, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat1973charger

So some I'm sure can rememeber my thread awhile ago about the 69 charger I bought that needs every piece of metal reproduced and then some. That car is a xp29, still a charger with a clean title and all numbers intact. I traveled over 12 hours to get it, not knowing 5 minutes from my house was a 69 charger rt in alder bushes behind a garage in "better" condition. Turns out this car was actually my wife's third cousins back in te 70s till he smashed the left 1/4 in the late 70s stripped some parts and left it to die. He passed in the mid 80s and it was forgetten I guess. Wife and I have been together for 12 years all of which I have wanted one and never knew it was just behind the garage at a house I had been to, no one ever mentioned it. I went to house and sure enough there it was. The new owner of the house gave it to me. It is a basket case will post pics later. What I know of it is it's a 69 charger R/T 440 magnum, stripe delete with white interior bucket seats with middle buddy seat? Column shift. What I am wondering is there was a small portion of the left front fender left with what's left of a "magnum" badge on it. Was the fender engine callout a factory option. A far as I can find out by talking to family and friends of the relative that owned it, the car was basically as it was from the factory, it still has most of the original paint where's there is paint. Also I don't know if anyone can make any more sense of the vin then I already have from the online decoder. Here is the vin "XS29L9B".
Thanks for the help,
Pat.

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Ghoste

There isn't anything else beyond what the decoders would tell you to share I imagine.  XS-Charger Premium Price Class  29-2 door hardtop L-440 (-1969 B- Hamtramck Assembly Plant
Even if its a wreck you get the bragging rights of a free 69RT.

Just 6T9 CHGR

No badging on fenders from factory...free is always good!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

6spd68

I think many will agree, you may be one of the luckiest members on this site  :Twocents:

Great score  :cheers: !
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Stegs

ill give you 100 dollars for it and pick it up

think about it, you will get 100X what you got into it! :icon_smile_big:

great score, any pics?

Cncguy

Post pics. Great find start building.

Pat1973charger

Restorable yes, lots of time and $$ yes. I suppose I avoid the initial purchase price lol. Trying to get the title now it was lost in the same fire that the guy who owned it died in in the mid 80s. He had the car before he was married so not sure if his wife can help or not. Pics later when I get to my computer.

bill440rt

The price is right! Congrats!  :cheers:

Pics, please.  :icon_smile_big:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Cncguy

Getting Titles replaced has become easy. It might cost you a few hundred bucks but it's worth it. Knowing his widow might help getting a title, she will need his death certificate.

lukedukem

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but can someone clear up some legal questions i have.
you say that the guy who owns the house now gave you the car. he nor you have the title. now contacting the dead mans wife for help, she might want some money.
but if the guy who bought the house was given the car, when he bought the house, then you don't need to talk to the dead guys wife at all. it's considered his property to do what he wants. right?
I'm just worried about asking the wife an she wants money...
if it were me it would happen that way..
again, I'm not starting crap, or do i mean any disrespect to you or any family that was mentioned...

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Pat1973charger

She knows I got the car, her daughter is my wife's cousin (somehow) and they chat ok Facebook all the time, she mentioned me getting the car and the daughter said she thought it was a great idea and she mentioned it to her mother. Oh, daughter is in her early 30s not like a kid lol. I called the DMV today they are seeing what that can do but didn't show any records of the vin. I'm sure the wife would have no problem taking the death certificate and getting a new title as she is still part of the family and it's a fairly close knit family. My delema is the car was his before they were even dating and off the road before they were as well.

tan top

wow great stuff !!    :cheers:  looking forward to seeing pictures  :scope:  :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MxRacer855

Now that's a story! Congratulations! That one has to be rebuilt to show car quality just for the history behind it and how you acquired it!  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

:2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

lukedukem

Quote from: Pat1973charger on January 26, 2015, 05:28:16 PM
She knows I got the car, her daughter is my wife's cousin (somehow) and they chat ok Facebook all the time, she mentioned me getting the car and the daughter said she thought it was a great idea and she mentioned it to her mother. Oh, daughter is in her early 30s not like a kid lol. I called the DMV today they are seeing what that can do but didn't show any records of the vin. I'm sure the wife would have no problem taking the death certificate and getting a new title as she is still part of the family and it's a fairly close knit family. My delema is the car was his before they were even dating and off the road before they were as well.

Heck yeah man, your good to go. Sorry I had to ask, but I always think of the bad stuff. Drives my wife nuts

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

TUFCAT

Hey Pat, please hurry on those pictures man....you're killin' us here!  :icon_smile_wink:   Have we mentioned how much we love pictures?  :D

polywideblock

cool story    :2thumbs:

just two questions what colour and where are the pics   ;D

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

skip68

Pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures.   
Please please please please please please.     :nana: :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: skip68 on January 26, 2015, 10:59:53 PM
Pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures.   
Please please please please please please.     :nana: :cheers:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Pat1973charger

im learning more and more about chargers and certain options, color codes etc but dont know for sure the color. I think maybe F8? you guys will know by the pics. I wish there was a build sheet left but sadly 15-20 years of no windows or doors means rodents have used anything paper or foam as nesting. sadly since the entire front clip was gone the fender tag was left exposed and rusted to the point it was just a pile of crumbling rust  :'(.

the day I first found it

after lots of work with pick axes and large prybars to get it free from being sunk into the dirt up to the k frame and bottom on rear axle tubes

arriving to my house

TUFCAT

Sorry dude, you got a parts car.  :'(

Pat1973charger

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 26, 2015, 11:23:49 PM
Sorry dude, you got a parts car.  :'(

Most would think so but I'll bring her back. Anything can be saved. I have the xp29 I bought in August for parts plus a 68 satellite. No out sourcing needed, I'm a licenced mechanic and father in law is a licenced auto body certified in the 70s when chargers started to rot. He knows them inside out upside down. We built a frAme jig for the xp29 resto but now the rt will go on it and piece by piece I'll turn it back into a solid shell. I have wanted a 69 charger RT since I was 8 years old and now I have one, if I let this one slide I know it'll be many many years before I find or can buy another one, with just having a 5 month old baby boy and the fact that they just aren't around here. I have my young family to support so money isn't there for a turn key car or and 15k car that needs 15k Into it. I will takes free car and put the 25-30k into it and have a nice rt over the next few years. I should add tht I already have front and rear rails, torsion crossmember, rear cross memembers, front and rear leaf spring Perches, inner and outer rocker panels and all floors. Really nice rear glass, enough glass to do the car twice minus windshield, restorable grille, two sets of tail lights, enough stainless trim to do two cars, lots of assorted small interior stuff a really nice original hood, good set of leafs, three rear ends, really nice trunk lid and various suspension parts and so on.

fy469rtse

good for you, if theres a will , theres a way,
yes others have brought back worse , get to it , and if you need advice , theres all the guy's on here :2thumbs:

JB400

1974dodgecharger