News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My free 69 charger R/T ....

Started by Pat1973charger, January 26, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

elks

Pat1973charger

I was informed by baldwinvette there was some curiosity as to the status of my rust bucket project. Give her some credit Kern Dog I should be able to get a new iPhone and maybe even an iPad out of it  :shruggy:. I have acquired a few parts and done some patchwork on the front clip I put in. When whoever chopped it out of the car it came from did so they cut about 2-3" ahead of a factory joint, the joint where I joined at. So I had to cut a small section from the old roof part of the upper window frame on both sides and graft it into the new clip. Easy work and will never been seen once the roof skin and drop rail go on but it had to be done. Right now she's covered as I am undercoating cars in my garage (rust belt  ::) ) but hopefully around Christmas I will be able to get back at her. Thanks for the support and Interest in my build guys. Stay tuned, show ain't over yet!

aerolith

Quote from: 500Jon on January 30, 2017, 02:50:44 PM
Carry on with the good work Pat!

A guy here in the UK was restoring a Mopar and unfortunately passed away.
His friend took on the car and finished it for him, 'in his memory', nice fella indeed!

I have rebuilt a lot of Mopars and the Factory-welding is not up to modern 'ROBOT' standards at all...
Strengthening pieces totally 'unwelded' and left hanging to name just one.
The classic 'welding mistake' it the inner fenders, huge great MISSED welds around the shock towers is another...

I took a car for an inspection once and the 'EXPERT' said the flange joints on the rockers should be 'CONTINUOUS' welded?

WoW, how you gonna do that you MORON!!! :slap: :slap: :slap:

They are pinch welds, that's why there's a flange you PLONKA!!! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

I added FACTORY-WELDING as it didn't read right!

Stay STRONG PAT, you have come too far to turn BACK now!
As and when your R/T gets back onto TARMAC again, it will be the 'TALK of the TOWN'.

She already has a name, yep its FEENIX... :popcrn:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Kern Dog

Been awhile, dude.....No progress lately ?

hemi-hampton

Yeah, What Happened. Is it done yet :scratchchin:

Pat1973charger

Hey guys, glad to see there is still interest in my thread. I still have the car and have not given up it's been a busy year and I haven't been able to get at it as much as I'd like. I have a bunch of other projects caught up now so I should hopefully be back at I soon.

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Kern Dog

Alright...glad to see that you are still in the game.   :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Pat1973charger

Hey everyone, I'm still here lol. Charger is still here too. I forgot to mention on my update back in June that the wife and I were expecting our second child in September. We had our baby girl September 18th and she was very healthy. My wife had complications immediately after deliver and things got "scary" for a couple hours. She lost a huge amount of blood so we were in hospital 4 days and then she needed lots of help at home after as she was weakf for quite awhile and had a newborn as well as our 4 war old boy to watch. Somehow I had in my head after she came around and she would be off work for a year (Canadian maternity) I would have loads of time....well if the newest little one isn't the great baby our first was. She cries a lot and didn't sleep well for a long time so needless to say the charger got pushed further back. Now that all of that stuff is straightened away I'm hoping to return to the car work in the new year.this summer  I did manage to pull the quarters back off that I had mocked a long time ago and did some work on the rear quarter window supports. I also did a little work on the new piece of crap inner rocker I have and test fitted  the front floor pan. I rebuilt my hinges and hung the doors for rocker alignment as well. Thanks to anyone who is sill curious about my little old charger build up here in Nova Scotia.

VegasCharger

Hello Pat,

Glad to see you back and glad you were able to get through those rough situations. Congrats on your newborn daughter. :2thumbs:

Charger will be there when time permits. Take care of life matters first.

:cheers:

mopar4don

Congratulations Pat!!!   :2thumbs:

Your family is the most important thing in your life!
They come 1st.  Your Charger will be there when you get time.  :yesnod:

Pat1973charger

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words.

nvrbdn

Looks like you found the key to your restoration. Have fun with this and enjoy the ride!!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi-hampton

Mytur Binsdirti

If that car ever gets back together, I'd hate to see how cockeyed everything is.

KWampus

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 31, 2019, 04:27:22 AM
If that car ever gets back together, I'd hate to see how cockeyed everything is.
:flush:

The work on this project is over the top and the craftsman should be shown a lot of respect for his talent instead of snide comments like this.
Same for some of the other comments.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: KWampus on January 01, 2020, 05:50:12 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 31, 2019, 04:27:22 AM
:flush:

The work on this project is over the top and the craftsman should be shown a lot of respect for his talent instead of snide comments like this.
Same for some of the other comments.

If you take away the grafted on AMD rockers and the grafted on cowl from another car in the picture below, there is virtually nothing to work with from that wrecked & rotted hulk.

With no proper frame jig (you'll notice that the remains of that car sitting on a warehouse shelf side bracket that's laid flat on it's side) and a supply of mediocre fitting AMD replacement parts, the chances of what's left of this car could ever be resurrected into something with properly aligned panels that goes down the road straight is slim to none.

By his own admission, the alignment problems started over three years ago....

What do you think is going to happen with the frame rails go in when there's no proper jig to align everything? A sixteenth here and an eighth there start adding up some serious misalignment when all of of the the parts go in because this isn't a jigsaw puzzle where all pieces fit in perfectly.

So, I'm sorry if you think my comment is snide, but your "craftsman" has been trying for 5 years to recreate a new car from a rusty 50 year old roof structure & two rusty wheelwells. Whether you like it or not, I'm just calling it as I see it, unlike most others who have posted on this thread over the years. That hulk really should have stayed in the woods and Tufcat was absolutely correct with his comment in post #20 nearly 5 years ago.

Sadly, all that money invested is now worth pennies on the dollar.

ACUDANUT

chargervert

The only to save a Charger that far gone, and have it turn out anywhere near straight as far as panel alignment, is to put it on a jig. If you don't have a jig to put the car on ,you could fab one up,but you would have to have a perfect un hit,un rotted Charger to build the jig from, it's not something that can be close,it has to be spot on, as the Turban said.

moparnut

He should wear that turbine on his ass for awhile  , and after the proper brown stripe is in place put it back on his head. Im done with this site the mediators should of put a stop to this bullshit long ago. Atleast with the proper stripe he will realize that his shit does stink.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: moparnut on January 05, 2020, 07:21:09 AM
He should wear that turbine on his ass for awhile  , and after the proper brown stripe is in place put it back on his head. Im done with this site the mediators should of put a stop to this bullshit long ago. Atleast with the proper stripe he will realize that his shit does stink.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: chargervert on January 02, 2020, 03:56:01 PM
The only to save a Charger that far gone, and have it turn out anywhere near straight as far as panel alignment, is to put it on a jig. If you don't have a jig to put the car on ,you could fab one up,but you would have to have a perfect un hit,un rotted Charger to build the jig from, it's not something that can be close,it has to be spot on, as the Turban said.

Well, if it helps. I agree with you and others. Lost cause.
"don't fuck with cats".. Great mini series btw.